Where to burn lesson at 105

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Weebaaa, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Weebaaa Augur

Hey folks, in my attempt to finish off the new tradeskill AA from EoK I've decided to spend ~30min of my (currently rare) time a day before work doing a quick lesson burn.
    I'm not sure the best place to go, though.

I've poked my head in Sarith, and things there die quickly, and the bonus from the daily task adding ten AA make it appealing.

But it isn't great, and with 385 AA per tradeskill mastery it seems to be quite an investment still.

Gribbles only yielded like 8 AA each from my recollection.

So I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions on where a 105sk could log on pop lesson and earn some decent AA. I have access to a shaman, but he lacks EoK.

Thanks for your insights.
  2. Coronay Augur

My favorite lesson burn spot is Frontier Mountains currently. Mobs are pretty easy, fast respawn.
  3. Fohpo Augur

FM in front of Droga, get a headshot/decap group
  4. Weebaaa Augur

I've found groups rare at my playtime (6am)
    So I was hoping for suggestions on places to solo, or take the shaman box along with.
    Considering. I'm only giving myself 30 minutes to play
  5. Razorfall Augur

Inside the NW Sarnak Fort in FM is my current XP spot. With a good group it's amazing XP and pretty good spawn rates on named. The other two forts are pretty good as well but NW fort doesn't have the chance to spawn behemoths, which take a little longer to kill, and the other forts seem to have fewer named spawns.

The Bi'Faak camp is also really good XP, but be sure to pull in the roaming zerkers because there aren't that many mobs (quick spawn time though). Blooddrinker Furasza seems to be pretty popular as well.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I've found them to be about twice that, ~17 AA each. With the recent 50% XP bonus for anniversary, and running a Lesson, I got just over 50AA for turning in a Gribble. Of course, it's all loaded into the quest completion.

In the past, I've done the Lesson right before completing an HA, and then, with ~25 minutes left of the Lesson, gone to another spot to finish it. But this would require more than the quick 30 minutes you're looking to spend before work.

Tat

Edit - Of course, that's with a full group (the 17 AA / Gribble). Not sure if grouping bonuses apply for HA turn-in. My numbers are for 3 players and 3 mercs.
  7. Coronay Augur

I guess just go to brothers island then and mess around there. Probably worse then gribbles tho. But it sounds like you can not handle anything more difficult.
  8. Tucoh Augur

I feel like by the time you try to complete the hunter achievement to get those heroic AA you'll be totally maxed on out AA.

But otherwise, yeah, farming stuff around FM is the best. BiFaak camp is very popular on bristlebane and there's almost always a group there.
  9. svann Augur

Dont do any zone that is pre-tds. The xp has been nerfed for anyone over 100.
  10. Gundolin Augur

I am surprised people turn you down for groups if they are just hunting named. A lot of people seem happy to have the company especially if you explain you are just there fore XP and don't want loot. FM and Lceanium generally have a few people hunting even at the late hours I play, even Scorched Woods still has a couple people. I think for a no commitment short term group those would be the best option.

Of course if you are wanting the drops some people will be resistant to letting you join, but most of the community likes company and would be happy to drop a merc or even a bot to have someone join em for a brief batch.
  11. Tucoh Augur

That's a good point. You may want to try advertising as looking for XP and not interested in rolling against people for drops.
  12. Finen Elder

Will characters under lvl 101 be affected by this nerf if grouped with a 105 in a pre-tds zone?
  13. japettle New Member

I'm in a similar position with short bursts of playtime not conducive to groups and find myself soloing lesson burns. My typical method is to do the daily task which takes all of 10 minutes even with travel time. I can then quickly pop over to the swinetor area below the resplendent temple. Even if it's not a current hot zone I tend to do much better there than Sarith or Pillars. In 45 minutes with the daily I can easily pull in about 25+ AA. I was doing 35+ with the recent bonus xp. It's all very easy and with high mob density and no pc competition you won't slow down. I have a 105 warrior and cleric merc.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Pre-cotf you mean. CotF isn't nerfed.

However, that doesn't mean the exp is bad. It is nerfed to be 75% of what it would be. And when you can slam through mobs like water, that's not bad.

I (paladin) solo in chapterhouse for solo no-stress lesson burn. If I just mosey along killing 1-3 mobs at a time, not having to heal much, it is around 90 aa on a lesson (not with the anniversary bonus, higher with that). If I actually pull a ton of mobs and swarm it, I can do 200+ aa on a lesson (higher during anniversary). However, that requires camping out because you run out of mobs and have to wait on respawn. That isn't very fun.

A good EoK group is best, but no issue soloing ok aa in older nerfed exp zones.
  15. Sindaiann Augur

Goblins and Fools mission from FM is insane exp if you have a full group with high dps. You can just mass pull 10-30 mobs at a time constantly and smoke the whole zone in 30mins.

My other favorite spot is Chardok, Shai'din Warmaster / Battlemaster camp and I pull that whole room, all the mobs from bridge area including Bridge Keeper phs and Watch Captain, as well as the caves up to Flight Coordinator and Sokokar Matron. With a high dps group you can slaughter all these areas consistently and sometimes have down time. Lots of named as you can see and tons of mobs. It's my favorite PL area for my heroic'd toons.
  16. Weebaaa Augur

Well Sarith (as a hotzone ) is 12% per. I visited Charterhouse for 5 minutes this morning before work, it looked to be 25% per. These numbers are the base, non lesson exp.
    I'll check out Brother Island and RT later this weekend.
    I'm not expecting BI to be great due to slow kill speed.

Sarith is probably not going to be a good choice just due to the low mob population (that gives exp)

I'll be impressed if I can come near a 90AA lesson though, in Charterhouse. That's 180mobs if my appraisal of the exp is right.

Thanks for the input so far on the thread, guys.
  17. Weebaaa Augur

And yea, working hunter whilest getting AA is cool. But progression is the only thing I could conceivably achieve in thirty minute streaks.(get one, maybe two respawns of a PHer)
    So that's (Hunter)typically saved for around the house days.
  18. Thraine Augur

Stay in EoK, thats the best exp in the game, theres almost no point in going to any of the older expansions unless your there for hunter, tasks, augs etc, and you most definitely dont wanna waste your lesson in any of those sub par zones.

FM or SW for solo / box exp .. Droga or Lab if you can scrape up a small group or at least a grind partner. dont settle for VoA exp, its horrible.