Where is our necro DoT revamp????

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hadesborne, Apr 5, 2020.

1. draxx101 New Member

haven't had time to follow this lately, guess will play around with it this weekend on test

probably they dont have the time or the resources to do this with a scalpel so we will get the hammer the square peg into the round hole method

I was thinking of a system where each individual necro gets a debuff slot for long, short and swifts maybe that can just add counters to like the curse cure counters on boss dots

each current expansion spell would add 4 counters to your debuff, previous expansion 3 counters, etc

when you hit 10 counters in like either fire poison magic curse disease etc it procs additional damage or debuffs or perhaps boosts the damage done by a separate corresponding nuke

the counters would degrade based on the time from the first casted dot so you would have limited time to stack certain resist counters

would still have some spell swapping and lots of decisons about which resists to use on particular bosses, as of right now its mostly fire and magic with disease practically unusable
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Bwhahahahahahahahah
  3. Fohpo Augur

Have to not die during an event first.
    Galarian likes this.
  4. Moege Augur

In line with the topic
    "Where is our necro DoT nerf??"

I give it 4 months.
  5. seber Augur

why is wiz get 20 mil DD that ok but Dot class get 300k tick way Op call nef ???
    sauron3030 likes this.
  6. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I have a feeling Necro DoT's will be doing a lot more than 300k ticks. Even Shaman DoT's hit for more than that and ours have been severely nerfed already.
    Sancus likes this.
  7. Thraine Augur

my ranger dot does more than 300k a tick hehe
    Sokki likes this.
  8. Duder Augur

Start by casting a DoT higher than lvl 95. Necros only getting 300k ticks, lol
    Nukester and Scornfire like this.
  9. seber Augur

why how do you think neco get from 115 lev 6k dot ?
  10. Pawtato Augur

?
    Scornfire and Duder like this.
  11. kizant Augur

Wizards don't come anywhere close to 20m and I see plenty of necro DoTs are averaging over 300k per tick. Those two most recent proliferation spells especially average more per tick than any of my DDs.
  12. Evurkvest Augur

13. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Where is this 20M dd you speak of?

Seriously, I want that!
    Szilent, Duder and Sancus like this.
  14. RPoo Augur

maybe by wiz he meant druid and by dd he meant dot.
  15. koook Elder

I'd like to play with lower level swarm spells again, without the timer cooldown, was a lot more fun. :] Kinda like playing the old diablo
  16. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Right, I don't think even Mana Burn comes close to that kind of damage lol
    Duder likes this.
  17. Celephane Augur

Don't ever get spun up by anything Seber says...I'm honestly not even sure how you can understand what he types, ever...but I do see why you changed guilds Seber
    Duder likes this.
  18. Evurkvest Augur

I fail to see what the purpose of the revamp is. The number of used dots and debuff slots will not change much. Dot switching will still be a thing. The complexity of keeping up dots will probably increase because of mana issues, you will have to track all dots not to waste mana. Im not sure about the group game but in terms of dps i doubt much will change.

Can we get some dev insight what the vision behind this revamp is?

As far as im concerned necros were just fine. Wounds line could have been consolidated i guess. And if you really didnt want us to cast old spells that could have been fixed by boosting lesser dots and/or unlocking swifts on raid targets.
  19. Szilent Augur

both those things were done. they're part of this update. didja read it?
    menown likes this.
  20. seber Augur

don't see why fast dot damg cut in 1/2 ?