Where is our necro DoT revamp????

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hadesborne, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Xanathol Augur

Thought for certain that once the necro changes went in, sk and necro dots under level 70 would be updated as well, but they are not. Seems an odd stopping point when all other classes were changed for all level ranges.
    Tuco likes this.
  2. Tuco Augur

Would be interesting to release that rebalance before a big TLP release, but that'd be too fun and interesting.
  3. kizant Augur

What does the spell lineup look for a Necro prior to level 70? Do they also need to stack 20 DoTs or whatever to get the most out of their DPS?
  4. Kobra Augur

You have to stack dots, but not 20+.

Its not really needed under level 70 in my opinion.
  5. Wulfhere Augur

Not true. Several lower level (under 70) spells are being patched. The lowest being Heart Flutter. Just to give you an idea ...

Heart Flutter - Necromancer (13), Shadow Knight (36):
    - Slot 4 changed from 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 22 per tick' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 24 per tick'

Cessation of Cor - Necromancer (56):
    - Slot 2 changed from 'Decrease Strength by 50' to 'Decrease Strength by 55'

Dark Plague - Necromancer (61):
    - Slot 2 changed from 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 190 per tick' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 222 per tick'
    - Duration changed from '14' to '12'
  6. kizant Augur

Interesting. I was just wondering if the goals were slightly different for each class. Druid and Shaman DoTs were pretty bad pre 70 and probably need a lot more work. Necro DoTs as a whole are pretty good to begin with and it's more about consolidating to fix issues post 70. But who knows.
    Kuvani likes this.
  7. Kobra Augur

That is just my opinion though. Under level 70 you don't have as many dot lines so stacking them isn't as difficult and if they did consolidate them it would dumb the class down and ill prepare the necros who plan to play through the 70+ eras on TLP.
    kizant likes this.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

This thread has been a good read.

If you need to free up debuff slots, merge tash with lightening cry.
  9. Cailen Augur

fixed that for you Zak
  10. seber Augur

just want to thx Dev hard work on neco dot update woot
    Jennre likes this.
  11. Xanathol Augur

Yay you found 3, including a 2 point per tick bump. I guess you expect us to list all the ones not updated at all? Sigh...
  12. Magickon Augur

These 3 spells are not included in any combined dot casts. If the higher level spells in those lines would include them, they would in theory include the slight damage increases.

Heart flutter's change is not a combination of multiple dots. It is simply a 9% increase in the damage.

At the level a necro would be using heart flutter, it won't really change anything about how the necro plays, it's just a slight damage increase to one spell.

Dark plague's change is even more of a slight dps improvement, at the expense of the total duration.
    Which is a welcome change to any necro using the spell in that era.
  13. Wulfhere Augur

I only listed 3. :rolleyes:
  14. Magickon Augur

I can't wait until I can outparse a zerker.

In the velks group mission.
  15. seber Augur

Maybe I just go line sham enc druld tell neco years now deal with it hehe
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Honestly, I don't if it's a shtik or what, but I never know WTH you're trying to say.

Today, I've decided it amuses me. Tomorrow, I'll probably block you, to save myself a headache from trying to decode your meaning.

Oh yeah, and this:
    https://doyouremember.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Necco-758x398.jpg
  17. Celephane Augur

It's not, he's been like this in game as long as I've known him, which is something like 13 years I guess
    Jennre likes this.
  18. seber Augur

for more then 5year I get from class that dot update were done just deal with it

cant we say same thing to them now ????
  19. Jennre Band Leader

Definitely not a schtick. I too know Seber, and he's a good guy, for sure.
  20. Celephane Augur

Based on your reading comprehension, I doubt you've gotten any such message from anyone. Stop making things up