where do i get a mount

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by duby111, May 4, 2013.

1. duby111 New Member

Im a level 11 shadow knight any where i can get a mount?

Thanks
  2. Sebbina Augur

Well, if you have amassed about 10k plat you can buy a slow one in bazaar, if you purchased Expansions there will be some in /claim. My SK waited until past 60 and used some AA to buy the very fast shadow knight horse- later in the game are more AA options to get advanced versions including one that flies.
  3. duby111 New Member

thank you guess ill have to wait^^

where is the bazaar located so i can see what items are there?
  4. Geroblue Augur

Connected to plane of knowledge, POK. Northwest corner.
  5. Bamp Augur

To get to The Bazaar just go to Plane of Knowledge and use the "Find" tool to get a path to The Bazaar entrance. I think the mounts mentioned for 10k plat are from a vendor (probably only useful for mana purposes at that price, not for faster movement speed). If you are interested in seeing what kinds of things other players are selling then use the command "/bazaar" and it will bring up an interface to search whats for sale. If you are interested in trying to sell things you find to other players then use the command "/trader". You have to put things you want to sell into Trader Satchels which are sold there someplace.

I will guess that your "home town" is in Cresent Reach. If you aren't sure about how to get to Plane of Knowledge then go to Blightfire Moors from Cresent Reach and turn right immediately as you enter the zone. Follow the zone wall a short way and you will see a book on a pedestal. Thats the way to PoK. Click the book :)
  6. Wuttever Augur

There are Station Cash options as well.. My SK uses a couple SC pegasus mounts, depending on my mood. I just started him, so he doesn't have the SK AA pegasus yet, but even when I do have it, I know I will keep the two SC mounts because I like to change up what I ride.

Perhaps you participated in another of SOE games which had the LoN card game thing attached. There are loot cards which are mounts, so if you have any unopened decks you can choose Everquest loot cards and see if you get one that way.

I have no idea if a bronze account has any /claim options, or what type of account you are on, but do be sure to check your claims options. You can get too it via the EQ button too, and select claims, to view what is available. There are a lot of mount options in claims, and perhaps you have one.
  7. Toquillaw Augur

I usually get my mounts the way Wuttever described.

LoN packs (one free each month as long as you logged in to LoN once in the last month, not sure on free-to-play but I think it is the same). You get a small chance to win a free mount for the account each month.

Buying a mount from the store is good too, lots of choices there for looks and stat's. Those are bought with SOE cards at places like Walmart, and every once in a while they have a sale on them, giving extra points for any cards you turn in then. On top of that, they put the mounts on sale once in a while as well. If you are in a rush for the mount, you get to pay full price. With a bit of patience, you can get a deal on either the cards or the mounts. With a lot of patience, you can get the deal on both the cards and then the mounts.

Many of the mounts in the store are "No-Trade Heirloom". No-trade means you can't give it (or sell it) to someone else, but the Heirloom part lets you put it into the shared bank so other characters on your account can also use the mount (but only on that server).

I tend to use the LoN mounts I win for free as basic mounts until I decide to upgrade it with one from the store. It gives me time to take advantage of the various sales.
  8. duby111 New Member

Thank you guys. Right now im a free player.

What is LoN ?
  9. Toquillaw Augur

Legends of Norrath, an in-game and out-of-game card game. It's ... another game. :D You can play it from within other games, and against other players. If you log in every month, you get additional cards for free. Some of those grant in game items for EQ1 and EQ2, mostly ornaments or paintings, but sometimes you get a mount.
  10. Yther Augur