Where can i buy expansion cdkeys?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malacath, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Malacath Journeyman

Hi anyone know where i can buy current xpac(RoF/CoTF) cdkeys for gifting purposes? all i see on the soe store is to upgrade my own account/pre order and i don't see any of the latest xpacs on amazon or other game retailers
  2. Izcurly Augur

You can't. EQ expansions have been digital-only for some time now. There are no actual boxes, CD's, or cd-keys anymore. And Sony doesn't have to give retailers a cut to resell them, either.
  3. Caudyr Augur

Could've sworn sony had a way to do this, though...to gift them to another person.
  4. Marton Augur

I thought it was possible to do this through Steam?
  5. Malacath Journeyman

hm looking around more appearently i can buy rain of fear from steam anyone know if that is just a upgrade like buying it from soe or do they actually give you the cdkey to enter into the game?
  6. Riou EQResource

Last time got one on steam around SoD or so, they just sent you the CD Key to input on SOE's site.
  7. Iila Augur

Amazon was selling keys during House of Thule, but they haven't had them since then.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The way Sony had seemed to poof either when they had the security upgrades or the removal of expansions from the Marketplace I forget which it was. It may still be around but just buried.

It is also possible that they just have it active seasonally.

It had been called the Gift of Game or something along those lines.
  9. Treesong Elder

You can indeed buy a key from Steam, however last I did this it is a bit of a convoluted method.

You buy the xpack on steam, and then you get nothing sent to you(maybe an invoice but NO key).... instead you start to look frantically in your list of purchased games and find nothing there either!

And then you realize (on your own because this is documented no where) that first you have to "buy" the FTP Everquest client on steam (free, so just a simple click) and NOW you can rightclick the FTP Everquest game in your purchased game list and see a menu where you will find your purchased xpack keys..... you can use this key for any account, or send it to a friend, it is a standalone key and is not linked in anyway to your FTP Everquest "purchase" on steam or so. You may also want to cancel the download of the FTP Everquest client that Steam probably started, not necessary at all. :)

Just to save you some panicky moments! :)