Where are Fippy and Vulak server ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Shackler5, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Shackler5 New Member

Ok I login with one account and i see Fippy server , i log in with another account and it is not in the list ?

Anyone have an explanation ?
  2. Argosh Augur

Do both accounts have gold subscription? You need to be a Gold member in order to play on the TLPs.
  3. Hamshire Augur

Fippy, Vulak, and Vox are all three pay to play servers and only show up once subbed.

If any of the three listed if subbed don't show up then id imagine its a ui issue and or bug

As for progression Fippy and Vulak are tied though Fippy has a thriving community for the most part while Vulak is a dead server and Vox is pretty much a pay to play live server.
  4. Coardan Elder

Vox isn't pay to play.
  5. Malachi Augur

I would only assume your account that cannot see fippy on the server list is a silver or below membership.
    SOE in their infinite wisdom decided to hide the progression servers from potential customers unless they are gold members.

To echo what was said above, Vox has never been pay to play. Vox is the newest of all the servers that was released as a commemoration of sorts for the implementation of the free to play structure they introduced. I've came back recently (a couple days ago) to try out new hot zones and get a small eq fix. Vox seems to be the same as what I left it unfortunately. But atleast I'm not currently paying for it.
  6. Nolrog Augur

It was a good business decision. The servers were desirable, and had very limited Station Cash store, so they made them gold to make money to fund them (if they don't make money, then there's no incentive for SOE to have them.) It's very likley that any new progression servers will also be gold.
  7. Machen New Member

They could make even more money probably if they listed them on server select, greyed out with a "Gold Subscription Required" label... A brand new F2P player isn't even aware they exist.
  8. Malachi Augur

My issue isn't whether the TLP are gold sub required. I along with LOTS of people were paying to play on them before the F2P was implemented. They are a HUGE draw to all kinds of EQ veterans and new players alike. So obviously it is a no brainer to keep the Gold Sub requisite even after the implementation of F2P.

^ This! or something similar...
    This is what STILL has me scratching my head about the decisions made. Fippy and Vulak have been relegated, for some time now, to being EQ1's dirty little secret when it comes to advertisement or effort to continually attract players to a similar simulation of what made the franchise the enduring mmorpg it has been for years.
  9. Dexar Elder

Very true. A gold required tag would help if they were interested in marketing them to F2P.

Some might argue that a F2P player that thinks the 2 TLP servers don't exist is half right. ;)
  10. Nolrog Augur

I see your point. I agree that it would make a lot of sense if they were listed but greyed out.
  11. Toquillaw Augur

I think it would make even more sense if they let FTP players play there for 20 levels before needing to decide, and a few levels more if they are Silver members. Enough to let them decide prior to paying, since it is easy enough to make that choice on any other server. Why make people pay for Gold just to log in?