When will we here the complete details of Aradune's rule set?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zansobar, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Bullsnooze Augur

You already know the gist of the server, because they already partially stated Aradune's ruleset - 'it'll be similar to Mangler'.
    - 'True Box Progression'
    - Expansions will unlock 12 weeks after each other, regardless of when raid content is cleared.
    - XP Rates will likely be the same.

I think it's safe to say that the additions to Aradune will make this new 'TLP' the 2020 flagshp server. It's name and timing suggests that they're going with Brad's vision as the theme. That said, Manager's ruleset in theory is the sweet spot, but it's community problems held it back from ever achieving Phinigel status. Daybreak/Darkpaw recognized this and probably figured the best means forward was to not waste time, energy, and money releasing patches/fixes, but to secretly build a new and improved server.

We could assume some of the 'a lot more' that we're waiting for is,
    - Anti-cheat Software
    - Active GM coverage.
    - Guide Programs reinstated
    - Better Support/Ticketing system
    - Premium 'Platinum Tier' Subscription to play (Probably not, but maybe.)

What the server will not be,
    I could be wrong, but I don't believe that there will ever be a 'free trade' progression server. There are only like 5 people that want it and it doesn't make a lick of sense for progression servers.
  2. Jaenisch Elder

yes
  3. Bullsnooze Augur

I'm probably right.
  4. Stagentti Augur

Lol.
  5. MMOer Augur

I'd rather the opposite of FV rules. EVERYTHING no drop. The krono farmers can go get F'ed

Leave the economy for Tradeskills only.
  6. MMOer Augur

Simptom of the world... You get a glimpse as to why I can not stand watching TV today.
  7. Bullsnooze Augur

Haha, I was hoping someone laughed at that. :D
  8. Iove Elder

Its easy to test, just need one new TLP with free-trade and we will see its 5 ppl who want it or more.
    Other server can be without FV rules, but I 100% sure it will be less population.
  9. Zansobar Augur

They would then just lockdown camps and you pay Krono for them to let you into their group so you can loot the item you want.
  10. mark Augur

a clone of mangler with corpse runs maybe ?
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

100% confident that it will not be corpse runs.
  12. MMOer Augur

I would definitely be a TLP i'd have to skip and that would such as I've been waiting and wanting to play one. It is funny to see all the farmers asking for FV on the forums over the years tho.
  13. jeskola pheerie

It's funny that you think it's only farmers asking for free trade, and not people that like to buy raid loot. I saw Mangler vex thal loot being sold all the time for a pretty penny, quickly from what I can tell, it just isn't droppable.
  14. Mink Journeyman

Who force you to join this new FV type TLP?

Stay on your server and be happy, also you will enjoy your old server even more if all farmers and bots move to new FV TLP? Isn't it?

I always thought: why are all these players from the old TLP servers afraid of starting a new server with FV loot, now I understand its not because all the bots and farmers will go there, but because their old server will be empty at all?

Like it you or not there will be new servers, but if you not accept rules - just ignore it and be happy on your server you currently play :)
  15. Vicus Augur

The people who were begging that Miragul was non-truebox, the majority did not want free trade. If they finally release a non-truebox server then drop FV loot rules with it, it would just be a 6 month wait slap to the people who have been waiting for the server. They need to not overthink things and just give the people what they want. 1 server with normal Mangler rules, AOC, and non-truebox. The other server needs to be a more monitored True-box ruleset that is actually enforced. That has be the 90% and PVP/FV has been the less then 10%. Hope they actually make a smart business choice for once, if not they will have two Miragul empty servers. The newest server they released has the LEAST amount of people playing on it. Hopefully the AMA tonight isn't a joke and they give us info. If they do, then maybe the regime change is starting to listen to us, if they don't then you can assume the last three years is going to be the next three years.
  16. C3lowz Augur

Mangler bots: Hold my beer
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Some good spit-balling here, my thoughts on these follows.

- Ant-Cheat Software:

I agree, this could be a feature of the new TLP, a big part of Phinigel's success could be attributable to it having a few months of Truebox during which the usual miscreants were shut out & it took time for them to formulate workarounds, Mangler's problems are largely down to the fact that by the time it launched the Truebox system had a plethora of defeats crafted by the small army of hobbyists who like working around such things, and they had them ready to roll with Mangler unlocking.

This could be a revamped "Truebox 2.0" 3rd party program detection system perhaps with some form of IP based account cap, set at max 6 accounts per IP for example would deter the "more than a group" boxers/botters who cause some of the worst disruption, even that can probably be circumvented by VPN use.

Buying an off-the-shelf solution isn't ideal either, plenty of anti-cheat software has been game-breaking & poorly supported in the past & having an off the shelf package may be too costly to fit the budget for one server.

- Active GM Coverage:

I don't ever see a return to paid employees as in-game GM's due to the budget this game has available. Some GM-type events run as automated scripts on a rotating basis is always a possibility but that's likely to be a "whole new social event system" approach that could function alongside the other game systems, the existing CSR is unlikely to be seeing any major overhaul and the best we can hope for is more CSR being taken on should the game continue to grow from here on out.

- Guide Programs Reinstated:

Not quite sure what you intended here, there is an active & existing guide program which I think is not going to see anything drastically change in the foreseeable future, no reason the current program can't also cover these two new TLP, just depends on there being active players willing to participate in that & to not be players on the new TLP but be active there as Guides.

- Better Support/Ticketing system:

Improvements on what we have right now are probably something that gets looked at from time to time to see whether there is scope for change & whether those changes would be affordable & be likely to result in a better experience, the current system does work it's just slow at times due to the staffing levels being small. I don't see any major changes to this being a part of this TLP package.

- Premium 'Platinum Tier' Subscription to play (Probably not, but maybe.):

I am going to say that this is almost certainly never going to happen, I've read about the experiences that some of the people running it had with the last Premium Service model EverQuest had.
    While the vast majority felt it was a great idea on paper, the reality turned out quite sour.
    The most striking thing they said against it was how entitled it made the players feel, and that this seemed to amp up the severity of the rhetoric & complaints they received from Premium Service Players, not all were like this of course but too many by far were & this made running the Premium Service Model a very unpleasant experience for those directly involved.
    Going from what I have read therefore I think this idea doesn't have any realistic chance of happening ever again, but definitely not for this TLP.
  18. jeskola pheerie

Those are all great ideas that will never happen.

We know it is not:

PVP
    Free trade
    New race/class combos

After the AMA, I have a feeling we are in for a letdown, and it will be something like "Colorful server - prismatic dye is in from classic!"
  19. Mr Blue Sky Elder

I predict Mangler with slower exp rate.
    All named mobs with MOTM.
    50% reduction in spell damage and 50% reduction in melee damage.
    Reduction in named spawns.
    Random death touches from trash mobs.

Just think everything you don't want, that's what I think we will get.

The paying minions are in no position to ask for what they want "brushes dandruff off shoulder"...you will get what you are given.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I bet you are the life & soul of any party.:rolleyes: