When will this end...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, May 17, 2017.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

Bee vomit on toast with unfertilized chicken embryos and strips of fried pig flesh on the side. Mmmm good.
    Brohg likes this.
  2. Coagagin Guild house cat

Ever seen an egg with a tiny little dot of red in it? Those would be the ones that have been fertilized.

(*wink*)
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

No kidding. If you don't want to play any more, don't. Wishing that no one could play it requires mental gymnastics that I'm unable to understand.
    Thancra likes this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

Goodness gracious.

I never said I want the game to end tomorrow. I was just musing as to when the end will be, and hoping aloud that I can/will be there for the end.

Game could end in August 2018. It could end in October 2054. Doesn't matter to me either way. Just would like to know. Which I know I will not get that answer.

Either I am the worst thread starter on these boards, or some of you are unable to read, but the point I was wanting to make feels completely missed and misunderstood by some. Probably a combo of both...
  5. Khat_Nip Meow

Whatever.
    Stop playing now if you don't enjoy it.
    draginn likes this.
  6. disgruntled Augur

Never ever delete or give away all your plat. About once a week, I help someone who did that and is starting over now.
    Niskin and Goranothos like this.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

I have no intentions in destroying my plat or any of my items. It was a suggestion directed towards the OP since he wants this game to end. He can pull the plug on himself instead of wishing it to come to an end for everyone else. I think often times people forget that people feed their families and provide a roof over their heads because of this game (not talking about the RMT people) so asking for it to end just because someone wants closure is incredibly selfish and honestly someone who has that little care for others wellbeing deserves to delete all their own crap and hopefully regret it later.
  8. Bashiok Crownguard Augur

I think a few people are uncomfortable with the thought of the game ending, or the game developers giving an answer to Cicelee directlee. He's probably the last person of renown that started on Lanys T'vyl server, or the last survivor, maining the same toon and class from back then until now. He may not get an answer but you shouldn't antagonize people for asking a simple question.

Games that were more hyped have reached the end of their sustainability and were shut down. I think that it is worthwhile to investigate. The ones who are most bitter towards Cicelee are probably the same ones who haven't thought about what they are going to do after Everquest. If you look at EQ2 as an example, even though it seems to have less people, less concurrent or whatever, as long as EQ1 is supporting it, they can charge 15$ per month. It's fortunate to remain alive as long as it has. There was another Sony Online Entertainment game that was free to play, was relatively fun to play and they shut that down with the quickness (Infantry Online) I put a lot of time into the EOL mode of that game, and it even had its own community even though the servers were only capable of about 100 players.
  9. Drcoracle Journeyman

EQ Will never die!
    [IMG]
  10. Wizlard Augur

What is this thread? Someone please explain.
  11. Bamkan Augur

OP's wife is putting pressure on OP's EQ habits.

Stay strong OP !

Always remember - She accepted you and EQ when she met you. Don't feel guilty !
    disgruntled likes this.
  12. Cicelee Augur

I was watching this really awesome movie the other day on television. It was so great that I wanted to see the ending, but I had a doctor's appointment coming up later that day. It was a long movie, and it was the only time the movie was on and I could not record it. I was able to go on the channel menu and see what time this movie finished so that I can plan my time to see if I had enough time to see the ending of the movie and go to my doctor appointment.

I was playing this really awesome MMO the other day. I have been playing for 17 years, and would love to see the ending of it. But as I get older I am having more real life responsibilities that I did not have when I was younger. I am not able to ask a developer to determine how much longer the game will go on so that I can see if I will have enough time to see the end and still have time for real life.

It has nothing to do with me wanting to quit the game, me not happy with the game, my wife on my case about the game, me wanting developers fired, or most other things mentioned in the thread. Again I poorly communicated initially, and that is my fault.
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You said in a way, you hope it ends soon. So yes, you probably are a pretty bad thread starter. We read it just fine.
  14. Bashiok Crownguard Augur

unfortunately I don't think it will have an "ideal" ending. most games that end early are forced to if manga/anime that ends early are any indicator. So it ends up being incomplete or lackluster, and only a company like square is able to revive franchises a la Reborn.

That said, the current model seems sustainable until your newborn reaches adulthood. But look at how fast eqnext disappeared even though it was almost complete.
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

What makes you think it was almost complete? heh
  16. bazinga Elder

It's so simple even someone playing wow could figure it out....It ends when it is no longer profitable.....it could end for other reasons..as many speculated when SOE sold it, but for sure, it will end when they can no longer squeeze a copper piece out of it.
  17. Cicelee Augur

Yeah. Ummm. No.

You read something, added words in between the lines, took a guess on what you thought I wanted to say, and now believe your guess as fact. Which it isn't.

In any event, there are people who understand what I am trying to say. And some who don't and are unable to understand the point being made. I connected with the former, and failed with the latter. All is fine.

I hope the game ends during the Great Robot Takeover of 2078 when Planet Earth becomes overrun by AI and are reduced to pawns and minions to robots. I know if that happens, I will not be around for the Everquest sunset. And that is OK. I would like to be around for the sunset, but it will not be a life regret if I cannot. And that is fine.
  18. Bashiok Crownguard Augur

blizzard said they almost completed it but it wasn't fun smedler was cool wth being honest with the ppeeps that play the game.
  19. Drcoracle Journeyman

Oh, I understand. But you are asking a question that is a non-sequitur.
    The title of the game should be your answer.
    As far as ending "game script wise."
    Being shut down for various other reasons is another topic.
  20. Bashiok Crownguard Augur

You might be onto something, once EQ1 ends, EQ2 begins!