When will T4 be released.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by boukk_sebilis, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Slasher Augur

Decline in content lol we have a decline in content because the dev team is a fraction of what it once was. Do you really think they stopped doing 2 expansions a year because they wanted to go to 1 year cycles ? No it wasn't profitable to keep doing 2 a year. You know why guides help ? Because this is NOT 1999 people do not want to spend a week just to figure that one thing out.

No matter how much content you release people will chew through it fast and some will go slow. Guides have nothing to do with a hardcore player finishing the content fast. You just don't want the average casual player to be on the same playing field as you.
  2. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

Don't put words into my mouth slasher don't assume u know what I think.. The reason I think guides are bad at the release of an expansion is because it takes away from the exploration, the figuring things out, the mystery and awe of the game. Everything is laid out for you in a single file line with the guide weather you are a hardcore EQer or a casual player. There is only execution left after that, follow the yellow arrow on ur compass. I can play other games for that. I play EQ because its EQ and not that other stuff.. I do enjoy figuring things out on my own, one of the main reason I get excited for beta's, Its really the only chance to go into the untapped new realms created for us.

How is it ignorant to voice my opinion on a public forum? Did u read all of my post? Did I not say the guides are still needed? Did I not say that a lot of people depend on them? Did I not commend Rorce for his work? You sir are coming off as ignorant. Its my opinion that the guides hurt the game when an expansion is first released. Not that they shouldn't be made at all. People play the game at their own pace, I don't know why u brought this casual vrs raider/hardcore argument into this I said nothing of the sort.
  3. Slasher Augur

You ever been in a beta ? In fact were you in the last one ? That is basically a freaking guide why should people in beta get all this information, but not anyone else ?

and yes you come off as someone who can play more so you have time to explore and figure out who drops what and where. Hardcore does not mean raider. I know dozens who play 8-12 hrs a day and do not raid. They're able to consume content faster with or without a guide it would not matter they would still consume that content just as fast. The guides help the CASUAL players that is what you do not seem to understand. Why should guides be held back ? Holding them back hurts 1 group of players casuals.
  4. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

I've been in plenty of beta's the last one was the first time the devs gave out so much information. Guides are not named spawns.. and loot drops.. or quest outlines.. Guides are hand holding step by step, go here next, pick up this, talk to her. The guides im talking about are write ups of progression telling you exactly where to go and what to do, that are released on day one of an expansion. Its like buying a game that's been beaten for you already you are just going through the motions.

Im not replying to this thread anymore.. i'll just leave it at this.. The whole reason I said anything was in response to this.

5. Marton Augur

Nobody is forced to use any guides and nobody is forced to sign up for beta. If people want to play unspoiled game and they want to explore, they can certainly do that.

I do not have as much time to play as I used to have. EQ Resource has info, and I will use it since I do not have time to discover things myself. Personally, I am grateful to Riou, Rorce, Bemeith and others for creating new maps and progression guides for each new expansion.
  6. Falos Augur

Only skimmed the thread but Rorce and Riou are both extremely helpful people. It's rare for me to give praise because I consider my standards on the people that I interact with in EQ and play with in EQ to be rather high. But both of them and what they have done for the community has been fantastic. Rare to find that combo of skill, knowledge, dedication and an approachable personality all in one player, yet both of them exhibit those traits.

Sure there are elite types that will stumbled across things rather quickly but overall EQ is a game that has so much information associated with it, so many obscure facts etc that even if you feel like it taints what EQ used to be (where everyone was less knowledgeable about the game) it's necessary that such sites and guides exist, no website or guide or location will have all the information in one place, but EQresources (and before them raspers) has done a good job putting the vital stuff in one spot in a clear / concise way. Overall it does far more good for the community than any bad that it may do (which imo it isnt bad in the slightest but i guess one or two people in this thread disagree)

As for the rate at which they release their guide, it requires quite a few man hours for them to put all this stuff together and if it were me in their position I would personally want to get those things uploaded asap once i finished them rather than have it looming over me when there is new content constantly right around the corner and also things to do in the game on my own characters.
  7. Cicelee Augur

Do you believe casual players will quit EQ because eqresource waits two weeks before releasing maps and step by step walkthroughs of new content? I call shenanigans on this- someone who quits EQ and claims that reason have far bigger reasons for leaving the game, they are just looking to put the blame on someone other than themselves in their own mind.

I understand what Bigz is saying- you lose all sense of adventure and excitement when you have eqresource on your iPad next to your computer and are referring to it step by step, or when you have maps available on Day 1. However... players also can choose not to refer to these sources. But many do in the imaginary rush to be first in game/first on server/first in guild to complete tasks or missions or raids.

I also don't believe that there is any proof that delaying eqresource maps and walkthroughs for two weeks will prevent content from bring devoured on Day 1. You are always going to have some players and some guilds who are just better, have more time and focus, and who just want to win the imaginary race on Day 1. I do believe, however, that there is two things that can prevent and lengthen Day 1 into Day 10 or 100:

1. Delay eqresource walkthroughs and maps for 7-31 days. Even though players can choose not to go there, the fact that the option is available on Day 1 means many will check it out at some points.

2. Require every raider to be Savior of xxx in order to raid that zone. If anything, the chances of 54 raiders becoming Savior in every new content zone before raids start is ridiculously slim. At least that should prevent all content from being devoured on Day 1.

If, of course, EQ developers feel that all of their content being devoured on Day 1 is an issue...
  8. Mikestab Elder

If EQResource held off on posting their walk-throughs and guides until day 14 of a new release, EQCollective would take the opportunity to come online day 1, or EQexpert or EQguru....
    BQLIFE, Noobieguy and Axxius like this.
  9. Axxius Augur

^ This.

When the information is out there - somebody will post it. It's called The Internet. If SOE didn't want that information to go public, they would not lift the NDA. Attacking EQResource, or Allakhazam, or w/e other info site is silly. They are doing a great job and are not trying to make their own rules for the sake of looking important (like that other guy who withheld info). If SOE lifted the NDA - there is no reason for anybody else to dictate when the info should be available.

Don't listen to the haters, Rorce and the rest of EQR crew. Your work is greatly appreciated!
    Sinestra, Nilwean and Noobieguy like this.
  10. Noobieguy Augur

Not sure why those who don't want to use the guides are upset, don't pull up the site if you don't want help! I like having guides to help me get things done. Sometimes I want to do them myself, if that happens, I just don't look at the spoilers!
    Sinestra and Nilwean like this.
  11. NaVi7512 Elder

T4 raid merchant is up and the cost for a BP is 180 ... being 120 for a T3 BP looks like we are only getting 3 T4 raids.
  12. Cicelee Augur

I could care less if people use the sites. I use eqresource a bunch and it has been an invaluable source of information. I was just pointing out that if you delay releasing the walkthroughs on ANY site (I was not aware of the other ones to be honest) that people would not rage quit because of it.

I think it is silly to have all content devoured on Day 1. Just my opinion. But I also don't participate in the rush everyone has to be first in EQ. Among my guilds top 54 raiders, I was probably #45-50 as far as reaching lvl 100. So I personally am not rushing to be first in anything- I know I will eventually finish things. I do wonder if EQ developers care that their content is devoured on Day 1.
  13. Trajet D'Or Augur

Can you post stats, screenshot or upload to Lucy?

And that logically means 2 T4 raids.

T2 Alaris - 3 clears for a BP, T3 Alaris - 4 clears for a BP, T4 Alaris - 6.25 clears for a BP
    T1 Fear - 3 clears for a BP, T2 Fear - 5.25* clears for a BP, T3 Fear - 6 clears for a BP
    *based on prices being set before Vulak dropped currency

T4 - 9 clears for a BP matches previous pricing patterns better than 6 clears.
  14. BQLIFE New Member

Guides = Awesome!
  15. Explicit Augur

[IMG]
  16. NaVi7512 Elder

17. Trajet D'Or Augur

Wizard stats:

Burden of Truth: Purity: 80 AC: 153 HP: 3388MANA: 3745
    STA: +21 INT: +22 AGI: +20 Spell Dmg: 48 Magic 50-100dam

T4 Hat: Purity: 75 AC: 147 HP: 3033 MANA: 3353
    STA: +16 INT: +17 AGI: +16 Spell Dmg: 37 Magic 45-100dam

T3 Hat: Purity: 75 AC: 140* HP: 2935 MANA: 3243
    STA: +16 INT: +17 AGI: +15 Spell Dmg: 34 Magic 45-100dam

*AC went up this patch, didn't think to ask for a SS of the T3 Helm.
  18. NaVi7512 Elder

For SK's:

T2
    AC: 390
    HP: 3289
    HDEX: +19

T3
    AC: 400
    HP: 3373
    HDEX: +20

T4
    AC: 415
    HP: 3487
    HDEX: +20
  19. Elricvonclief Augur

So how much overall gain going from T2 visibles to T4? around 150 raw AC?
  20. ibniumn Journeyman

Call me crazy, but I think it might be fun to quest for the map in the zone prior to the zone that you need a map for... Like there's a guy outside the zone in that needs 20 bat wings from the next zone, and he gives you a scavenger hunt type quest to follow to find the bat wings. Then when you get back to him with his bat wings, you are rewarded with a map that has something similar to fog of war everywhere except where the quest took place... Instead of true fog of war, it could be a blurry map without NPC names and whatnot.