When will MotM go away

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Healiez, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Healiez Augur

Let me preface this by saying I like the buffed classic mobs.

I was just wondering if the devs had any plan for when they were going to stop buffing content. When do they feel raid mobs are difficult enough for MotM to not be necessary? I thought it would be velious but I was incorrect, I really can't see them buffing luclin mobs as some of them are already plenty nasty, but hey i was surprised they buffed velious

Another reason I would think luclin is because isn't that when they revamped a lot of things to make characters more powerful?? (Spells, resist rates, etc?)
  2. Darth Augur

Gates of Discord when 90% of the playerbase is gone, and the stuff is likely hard enough on it's own?
    Sumonerr_Tunare and Xanadas like this.
  3. Ducreux Augur

I'd be happy if they changed MoTM to just be another +40% hp instead of the 40% mitigation that we currently have. The boss effective HP would stay exactly the same but you wouldn't feel like a gimpy fighting it.

Being a level 50 melee in best in slot gear and hitting for less damage per swing than you did at level 10 is really good design.
    Drexll and Bobbydomino like this.
  4. Healiez Augur

Yah that's my biggest gripe with MotM.

I have slain the strongest creatures of the lands!! My gear couldn't possibly get better!!!
    You slash xxxxx for 19 points of damage
  5. Pikallo Augur

I like the difficulty for sure with MotM and would love to see it go through PoP. But I also agree that it would be nice to see more hps instead of a mitigation percentage. Is there any mathematical reason I'm not thinking of that would make adding more HPs instead of a mitigation % less reasonable?
  6. Xanadas Augur

Perhaps once Expansion N releases, N-1 bosses could have a "lesser" MOTM buff, where instead of hitting for 1500, they hit for 750 and instead of 80% mitigation, only 40% mitigation or something.
  7. Healiez Augur

Through PoP????

There are mobs in PoP that are capable of onerounding raid geared warriors in defensive, and this was them unbuffed...

Did it happen often? no, but it happened
  8. Weebles Augur

Agree 100%

Frankly, once the next expansion releases, mobs of the previous expansion should be unbuffed. Let us enjoy the game we remember, where we did content with 18 friends instead of an entire raid.
  9. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I've been looking for the thread for a few minutes now and I can't find it, but I am fairly certain there is a Dev post somewhere that states they do not plan on MotM for Shadows of Luclin raid mobs. I might be fabricating this in my mind, but I feel sure enough about it to post this, but too lazy to continue looking for it :)
  10. Darth Augur

19!! That's insane!!!

Darth -vs- Phara Dar: -- DMG: 2884 -- DPS: 21 -- Scaled: 20 -- Slash: 2600 -- Kick: 258 -- DirDmg: 26 -- % dmg as normal: 93.2% -- % dmg as critical: 6.8% -- Non-crit rate: 96.7% -- crit rate: 3.3% -- Attempts: 407 -- Hits: 214 -- Missed: 117 -- Defended: 76 -- Accuracy: 64.7% -- Avg Hit: 13 -- Max hit: 59 -- DMG to PC: 43586
  11. Thanarin Journeyman

MotM is most important early on for the tank-and-spank encounters. By the time you hit Elemental Planes it becomes a whole lot less necessary since those fights actually require a bit of strategy. I shudder to think how hard a buffed RZtW would hit for or how nasty a buffed Terris AE would be.
  12. LabattYoloSwag420 New Member

I shudder at people still getting lost navigating through zones with maps. That, my friend, is the real challenge.
  13. Garanle Elder

MotM doesn't add an aspect of strategy to the game, just makes it to where 20-25 random people cant drop a mob. You really want a challenge they should force 25 man raids with motm on and 2 clerics 1 enchanter limit. MoTm is making sure you have a decent sized balance raid force. I don't get why it is needed, in all honesty. Live servers you can go use all old gear and try to take down the mob old school style. Or if you want a real hardcore challenge take on the new content with your raid force.

Motm is a butterfly patch for an abuse on another server. It sucks that smaller guilds can't enjoy the content at their own pace (who gives a hoot if you beat a raid that is 10+ years old).
  14. Finley Augur

I can't imagine why it is needed at all on Phinigel except perhaps they don't want people 1-2 grouping Nagafen. By Luclin raid targets stop dropping tradeable gear, and certainly isn't needed from there on. Who knows.
  15. The Hated One Augur

Wife and I came back for phinny. We were on vulak. Gone for LJ and Rage. I can understand why the boss buff was put on for those servers. The whole mage army thing necessitated it. But that is not happening here. Pets are already nerfed. It really isn't feasible for someone to box army here...and if they can do 18-24 legit...holy crap they deserve the loot they get. Now that said...the small group of folks that I know that are here are increasingly concerned that we will not be able to enjoy the game we know...well used to know...and came back for. In every sense this boss buff has changed the game. We love the idea of trying to accomplish more with as few people as possible. Those of you who have experienced this have to admit that is one of the funnest things about this game. Zerging a mob with 100 people.../yawn. Killing that mob with 8 people... crazy, intense, fun! This buff COMPLETELY removes that aspect of the game. Sure...we could come back 3 expansions later and try and kill stuff...but that is not why we came back to EQ...and nor it is what we are paying for.

If they are truly enforcing the no box rule...the buff just is not necessary here. How many of us killed Lodi in kunark with 1 group? Hell a 60 shaman solo'd it...IN ERA! Buffing it here just changed the encounter to the point that the game is completely different. That is kind of crap. Im not asking for a handout or for the game to be changed to meet my special needs. I am asking that the game NOT be changed so much that it impedes the progress and fun of those of us who don't want to be forced into joining 100 person guilds. Yeah I know go to another server...go play on live...blah blah... but hey we came here for the same reasons as everyone else...to enjoy the progression server. Well...lets have real EQ back, where skills and tactics matter...not just numbers...and let us progress.

There are enough obstacles down the road for us with keys, access to zones etc...in the short time set you have on phinny, if you buff targets out of our access...your going to lose us. What will be the point? IMO...all zones should be open. No keys or flags. There just isnt enough time. Give us access to the content we are paying for. But that is my opinion.
    Garanle and Rhiyannon like this.
  16. Weebles Augur

Very well said, and something I have been echoing since they started adjusting raid encounters.

Let's be honest, the only reason the uber guilds want it is so they can monopolize content. The whole "more challenging" thing is a crock of ****. Increase the number of people required doesn't make the encounter more challenging at all, it only makes it more restrictive.

You know what's fun? 1 Grouping Derakor the Vindicator. You know what isn't fun? Raiding NTOV with 72 people, where you could go AFK for 15 minutes and it wouldn't even make a difference.

MotM is the laziest, most BS way to "turn up the knob" and DBG should be embarrassed.
  17. Sdoofbuc Augur

I would like to see Velious+ with no buff.

Classic and Kunark I understand. Zerg = Win EQ

But if I have to auto attack on a VT blob for hours then I may have to quit. Or most likely just go play on one of the free servers.

I play this game for fun. This buff is not fun for me.
  18. pattho New Member

Totally agree with what has been said
    Being able to coordinate 18/24 level 60 people to kill things like Inny or CT should be allowed, it was being done in 2000.

The goal was to put a stop to
    1. The 3-5?7? people per server that play 18 boxes
    2. The 1-3 people per server that play like 24 boxes
    3. The 10 or so groups/guilds that have like 6 individuals that 6 box
    15$*18=270$ a month or 10$.krono*18 or heck just 18 krono at 30kpp a piece is 540k pp a month
    I seriously doubt more than a handful of players are really doing that.
    Actually I do not even think #3 should be a target to stop...

If you have 2-3 tanks and like 4 clerics plus 12ish dps melee/casters/support you should be able to tank and spank everything in era Kunark.

Post kunark 24+ properly geared and leveled people should be able to do all the more strategic fights.
  19. Risiko Augur

I remember a tank that got killed in less than five seconds just about everything we fought that dragon in Halls of Honor (I think that's the place) in PoP. Remember that Venthos? Lol good times.
  20. Machen New Member

It isn't happening here because the boss buff was put in place. If it were not, it absolutely would be happening here. 1 group kills of the dragons and probably some of the gods would be happening right now without it.