When will live servers get AoC for old world content?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dawdle, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Dawdle Augur

Gold members that have access to this on TLP servers should have access to this on Live. When Phinny reaches live are you going to remove them? Lets get this done now for those of us that want to do the achievements. By not doing this on live you are encouraging boxing an army of alts just for old world content which is trivial and really not hard to do. You know if it's about server space or whether or not gold members pay for that space these alt army's for farming achievements don't pay for anything. I don't want to be that guy but with so many people fighting over the same content it had to be done. The better option is to just add AoC.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

The one thing that I think might be holding them back is the artisans prize. I assume AoC would allow someone to spawn all of the POP bosses at will assuming they are not on lockout. Being able to receive a BIS item by a long shot in a day might be what is keeping them from making this change even though most people that would even consider getting the aug have already done so.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Dawdle likes this.
  4. Horyuken Augur

The PoP bosses are be far the easiest part of the aug quest. I was able to get them all in a two day period. If anyone is willing to do all the running around for the eron's quest they are more then willing to camp some bosses over a 2-3 days.
  5. Goodn Augur

No. There are many...many other threads about adding AoCs to the current Live servers. The same arguments against still apply. Just search the veteran forum for aoc.

Although the "farming for achievement" argument is cute. No one "farms for achievement" … cause you only get the achievement on the first kill...sigh. And anything PoP or lower can be EASILY soloed/moloed by pretty much any class. There's no "army of alts" needed.

If someone is sitting at a spawn point, sit there with them. Be faster to kill. Or simply say hey, can I join your group cause I want the kill achievement...don't care about loot. And if it's a PoP flag, then you can hail the PP just as well as the killer.

If/when Phinny catches up, it can be a special Live server (like FV or Brekt) with a slightly different rule set. If you have a burning desire to finish all the achievements with as little work as possible, then you can be on Phinny.

This is about the amount of work you want to put into the game to get an achievement, to get a flag, to get the best item in game, etc. If you want to have an argument about that, then let's have that argument. But everyone needs to stop about PoP and under mobs being impossible to get on the live servers. It just is not true.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

With the longer respawn mobs it is not just the matter of competing with someone for the mob but knowing what the spawn time is and being able to be online and in the zone when the mob spawns. Adding the AoC on live servers would eliminate the need to spend a large amount of time camping a spawn timer and they are on a week long lockout which is longer then most boss mob respawns already.

Also don't forget that some of these mobs are perma camped because of epic drops or other chase items in general which make them harder to find uncammped.
    Dawdle likes this.
  7. Dawdle Augur

Lol when you switch the S around it looks like farming one achievement rather then farming many. Maybe English isn't your thing or maybe your just trying to troll because you got some tough guy point to make. I figured 12 toons was enough to start with but I lvl'd them all to 100. That's what it's taking to get some of the achievements because people will just leave toons in these zones 24/7.

If you want spawn times on anything Velious or PoP you better be rdy to invest huge amounts of time on FV. NToV/Kael loot is still selling for millions but you need alts perma camping to get times and then if your lucky you can get there with your main to get the kill or you'll be waiting another 72 +/-12hrs. If your server is a ghost town you should be happy but on a busy server all the PoP gods are perma.

I guess locking down PoP even more is also a good way to drive this issue in the right direction because I am not going to debate Goodn. The alts are free and while I wait to get this old crap done the army is almost all lvl 100 which was when I was going to start placing them. That's 12 more toons that all need the same achievements.
    I originally started 18 accounts over a year ago for the /veteran LoD. So I hope I am putting in enough work for you hard core EQers but if it wasn't locked down before me It'll be even more locked down in a few weeks.
    Mind you I am making tons of plat off this, under cutting everyone's prices, and driving down the markets to the point I feel like it's a rip off but I can live with it. So glad Goodn settled this for us. Happy hunting and GL. Very few people are going to do this but I am more then happy. AoC being added to live would be better all around and easier on DB's servers.
  8. Lianeb Augur

I can only think of one PoP boss mob used in an epic. And only one or two “chase” items that are in PoTime (instances already)

If you’re hard up for PoP kills transfer to Zek (population 12) for free and then then transfer back with your flags.
    jeskola likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Agents of Change apply to raid mobs in all expansions so there is a lot of content that would be more accessible besides PoP where there is loot that is more in demand.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Some of us like to gank old content for lowbie alts as well. It’d be cool to have Agents as an option for that reason. It’s amazing how all these years later how permafarmed ToV, Seru, Ssra, etc still are.

For all the attention TLP takes away from Live, it’d be nice to have the same instancing options as they do.
    Felicite, Yinla, Slippry and 2 others like this.
  11. Febb Augur

I don't think the servers can handle even more instances loaded on top of them. Until they get the stability issues resolved and have even more capacity to load more on top of that, I doubt this is something they will consider.
    jeskola likes this.
  12. Hannah Journeyman

Wait, so you are admitting to locking down 18 bosses permanently on your server, and being a jerk to other people posting on your thread. There is probably value in having a discussion on this (for the sixth time) - but you already claim to know everything and lock down everything, so why would we do it in this thread. If people can't handle you being PoP overlord on FV, then make a toon on ANY OTHER SERVER.

...Hannah...
  13. Thancra Loladin

You don't really need that if you play more than a couple hours per week. You don't really deserve anything special if you commit less than that to the game.
    Reynen and Dythan like this.
  14. Nudia Augur

We will probably get the AoC on regular servers when it is deemed financially beneficial by DBG (not the court of public opinion) to add and support them.
  15. Dawdle Augur

Nice new member attempt at trolling; just point the the dolly where the mutli-boxing perma camper touched you plz. Wait you can't read anyway.
    So much drama... Did you think I was going to fight to get an achievement and then at the end just walk away. I'll sit there 24/7 just like they did. The best option for the health of any server is AoC.
    No need to yell at me about ANY OTHER SERVER. I play on 5 servers. 2 of them have AoC so no issue. 1 of them is a ghost town so also no issue, nothing is ever camped. 2 have an ok population but 1 is just afk bots everywhere.The real krono farming comes from playing TLP so adding AoC to live is a moot point when we talk about markets or investment of time.
    Look it doesn't hurt Live to get AoC and making toons to camp what perma campers where camping doesn't change anything anyway so no need to call me a jerk.
    How many mobs would a perma camper camp if a perma camper could camp mobs. Well I got 12 toons + 1 now to do this not 18, but I have 6 more accounts rdy and am making another 18 for next year so they will have lesson. It's like a virus just eating away at any hope people that aren't taking this seriously would of had. A perma camper will camp all he can if a perma camper can camp mobs. Every TLP knows this.
    So lets just keep sticking to hard core, I love these hard core trolls, don't worry I'll bring my version of fun to your server soon even if there is no body there because I am loser baby, like Beck, not a jerk. ---Add the AoC, it's what the majority want.---
  16. jeskola pheerie

Oh, hi Sam!

[IMG]

That's it? Casual
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

So that's what the Village People look like today. Yech
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

So if the mobs respawn during your work/sleep/raid hours you don't deserve to get them? This request is about being able to get a chance at older raid mobs because not everyone has the opportunity to experience non-instanced content due to schedules and respawn timers. Don't forget there is a 7 day account wide lockout for all AoC instances which will keep the extra loot added lower.
    Yinla and Dawdle like this.
  19. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Live servers should get AoC, but only after they have been fixed to stop the terrain expoits, ie c1 in PoF.
  20. Dre. Altoholic

I don't think it's amazing considering accounts are free and there have been multiple heroic character giveaways. One player with enough computing resources could theoretically permacamp every old world raid mob without sending daybreak a dime.

Regarding loot, there's a plat sink opportunity here. Toss some nodrop BiS pieces on a vendor in the raid zone for plat and let people twink out alts to their heart's content. Heck, plenty of people would pay just to hang some classic items in their house/GH.