when we see FV / AoC TLP server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Iove, Jul 14, 2019.

1. AcemoneyFV Augur

Probably only a few changes, if any. Servers cost money, if you want an FV type server, play on FV. FV TLP server obviously has no appeal to them as they basically already said, it wouldn't happen.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

It's coming don't you worry. :D
  3. yerm Augur

On a tlp, velious begins the game stage where group loot is always inferior to raid loot, and with luclin further its all nodrop. So while classic and kunark have incredible means for kronolords to farm and rmt, velious starts to inhibit it or push them out of the way (fully raid kael, or park in cs/sg type spots). By luclin the market is generally weak - little to truly smash wallets with using bots, at least comparatively. Plus potentially the krono buyers often get to a stable state and don't need to keep paying to win. So you constantly see it: around luclin, the krono crews diminish on tlps.

If you have fv loot that changes dramatically. A small crew of sweatshoppers or bots or a neckbeard vming can rake in now-tradeable armor drops, emp/vt keys, bane weapons, you name it. Esoteric medallions for sale. Bic bottlenecks, signets, faction tokens, da range click... the possible items to farm up are now there and can be bought/sold. Obviously, the positive potential here is why people DO want that fv ruleset.

The problem is the negative side. Many many guilds see perpetual bank heists, drama over aow or st drops, etc, but come luclin your raiders seeing $$ and wasting dkp for it largely vanishes. A lot of guilds eventually tone down hoarding because after a few expacs they only need potions and minor stuff vs like kunark era trying to fund real loot into the guild. On a fv server, that NEVER happens. Everything you raid, every item you dkp out, every alt who wants a rot item, is a potential sale. Guildbanks will perpetually be in a position to acquire real upgrades for plat.

And then if mangler taught us anything, it's that A TON of everquesters are happy to, even proud to, pay real money for in game loot.

Fv loot is a curse. It will lure pay2winners, who will draw rmters. It will make every guild add a stress layer over loot. It will cause any breaking or quitting player to wrestle with an incentive to cash out, without needing to go 3rd party.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I agree quite well with your estimate of the issues, but that is a people problem not a game design issue. It would be nice to progress on a server as small group like mine (15) that can progress from trade-able loot into future expansions.

Perhaps you need to associate with folks who have larger resources outside the game who you can trust not to sell pixels as a way to subsidize their real life.

Mass gathering wealth in a video game and purchasing loot is just the same as playing 24/7 and gathering loot. It's just a different way of playing.
  5. yerm Augur

It's not just the guild banker. Obviously you're a fool if you join a mabbu guild on a fv rules server. I fully trust the dude operating my current guild's.

We just had an officer quit. His account (afaik) was not scrapped or sold. I hope he comes back. On a fv server his chars would be naked krono holders by now. We just had a few folks come back who have been gone weeks or months, their chars still at least time geared. On a fv tlp they'd probably have been scrapped.

I noticed a good deal of dkp increase for tradeable items from velious vs nodrop luclin superior ones, back early on. People saw dollar signs and bid higher. On a fv tlp, this is constant, and every non epic drop I have to worry about people thinking wallet first and raid viability second.

I've raided with a few people who saw a real good offer and took it. It's actually caused me to become extemely negative/critical about playing eq with people who don't earn good rl income. On a fv tlp the dollar signs are ALWAYS there.

I don't trust the typical player, let alone a krono for tacos nolife raider, to never put money before guild interest.

All of these without ever touching the issue of unearned power levels / poor players "earning" bis and still being poor players. That's its own debate.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

A piece of tradable gear doesn't suddenly turn someone into an rmt scumlord. Kracow hit the nail on the head, that's a purple problem not a game design issue.

Will guilds have to reassess how loot is bid? Likely. But saying FV turns people into kronolord rmt scum is like saying leaving car doors unlocked is hard for poor people to not break into.

But if Bait Car taught me anything, its that some people are scum bags and some are not.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  7. ShivanAngel Augur

Mangler and Selo's are both still very new with healthy populations, lets not dilute that please. Maybe in a year or 2
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Probably right at a year or two... game time.
  9. Stagentti Augur

Nope.

Mangler is nuts with certain high end loot because krono farmers can lock it down 24/7 and there's nothing you can do about it.

A lot of stuff that sells well on Mangler is worse than raid gear during certain expacs.

Once raid gear hits the market, that tradable loot's value plummets because it's no longer the best thing available on the market.

Krono farmers literally can't lock down nearly all the best loot on an FV/AoC server because you can pop your own raid instances. There is no way for them to obstruct you on that.

What do you think happens to prices, in classic for example, for Planar gear once every guild is doing their instances but instead of stuff rotting it's being sold?

This "krono farmer's dream" mentality is just wrong.
  10. taliefer Augur

if Free trade is such a popular thing, why is Brekt server all but Barren?
  11. Quill Augur

The core problem with getting a FV TLP server is one Absor. He's old and set in his ways and apparently remembers the days of FV when progression could be blocked and FV loot was Cancer(back then, it really was). He then apparently can't comprehend a world that has changed now that progression is not blocked, which then turns FV rules on its head and makes it far more appealing. I would also suggest introducing spawnable picks (with constraints of course) for said server.

Convince the old feller to change his ways and actually try something new and maybe we get a FV TLP. The worst that can happen is nobody plays it.

It'll probably be sometime between hell freezing over and the end of the world, but unfortunately he set himself as the gatekeeper for that.. so good luck!
  12. Dahaman Augur

FV has a +50% XP bonus over Brekt.

When given the choice, people choose the higher XP mod when all else (practically) is the same.
    oldkracow likes this.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

How is that working out on Mangler? How would an FV-rules server change that?
  14. Dahaman Augur

I hope we can all agree that RMTs will be on any new Free Trade server (just like on every new server).

I think we can also agree that RMTs require folks to sell to in order to be successful. It therefore follows that for a Free Trade server to be a RMTs dream server, a Free Trade server is also a server that retains a lot of other people for a long time.

Having a ruleset that keeps a lot of people around for a long time... that is bad because of... why?
  15. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I believe he meant to say allowing raid loot to become all trade able a lot of the group-able items will lose value at an alarming rate thus allowing more options and less of a single item being a monopoly.

Will this work for all items? of course not
    I think mangler is the best server thus far.... High krono prices in value + ease of access to tons of items = fun to me at least.

All I know is the higher in value a krono becomes the harder is it for the bot type krono farmers to keep up.
    Accipiter likes this.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Aggressive botting, especially without consequences, is also a big driver of krono prices going up.

When you ask farm HG or sirens grotto and collect 10s of thousands of raw plat per day you're not going to be sensitive to price and you're simply going to be buying krono to resell.

The average player gets hosed.
  17. Jalen007 Lorekeeper

Brekt is a TLP? I thought Brekt was simply a dump server for all the toons that were on the OOM event server? It had all expansions unlocked, yes? Not sure what the appeal would be to play there.

People are asking for a Free Trade TLP.

One of the most frustrating things is not being able to trade items I've worked hard for. For the most part, I just want to trade them to my other alts. No-trade seems like it's mostly a time sink, so every single character you create has to go through the same grind. It's really not needed on a TLP. In fact the faster the unlock rate, the more favorable the free trade element is.

If you are worried about people blocking content, do something a little different and start the TLP in a slightly later expansion, where all raid content is instanced (there is no open world raiding). In these expansions, most group progression is also instanced. For example, Dragons of Norrath. A Free Trade server starting with Omens of War or Dragons of Norrath, would be different and fun.

The one issue I see here, that I really dislike, is people telling me what I should want, or not want to play. I see a lot of people with fixed mindsets. I played for several years on the FV server, so I know exactly the benefits of playing on a free Trade server.

This past anniversary would have been the perfect time to introduce a free trade server, as two servers were launched at the same time. For those that are opposed to the free trade ruleset, there would have been another option. Having a choice, is not forcing a ruleset on anyone. With all the TLPs that are currently running, having one with a free trade ruleset is simply giving those that want to play with that ruleset an option.

Please stop trying to control what other people want or have access to, and give them the option of deciding for themselves.
  18. Jalen007 Lorekeeper

The OMM race server was fun. I don't understand why they didn't just make it a TLP that continued from Omens of War with the free trade ruleset. I mean, they had the event server, then just dumped all the characters that were on the server to Brekt. Why? Why dump all the toons on a completely unlocked server? It's like they went out of their way to eliminate the TLP element.

The only thing that even remotely makes sense is that they planned on doing several event servers and Brekt was going to be the dump server for all of them after the event ended. However, they realized after the fact, that TLPs were far more popular and profitable.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

Fv server launching in omens... not bad at all....
  20. Stagentti Augur

Your question makes 0 sense.

Try again.