When was the last time...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by sumnayin, Mar 22, 2020.

1. sumnayin Augur

Anyone can look at this forum and see the majority of posts are advocating for some sort of change, be it to EQ in general, or to TLPs and even to the company as a whole. Some want, PVP, some want FV loot-rules, all think their posting on here will make it happen. I counted 16 posts on the front page(as of this post) that were pioneering for change and a lot more on page 2, I just didn't care to count.

When was the last time that this company pulled something from this forum and implemented it into the game. I am curious, truly curious.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

All I can say, and i speak for everyone here, is that getting a FV server would be right up there with removing levitate from POF.
    Aenu Holysight and Bobbybick like this.
  3. Xeris Augur

That time there were like 10 pages of people complaining about the illusion trick that gave your helm a graphic and they changed it so now helmets don't have graphics again.

Oh wait... Nobody complained about that.

Or when everyone was talking about dirge being overpowered and then they nerfed it. Oh... Wait.
  4. Jaenisch Elder

Yeah wrong game...
  5. Silver-Crow Augur

The one that springs to mind was when the mangler/selos rulesets were announced. Mangler was going to be hard core, slow xp, obscene death penalties, and selos was going to be casual.

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth on the forums, the rulesets were changed before the servers were released to what you see today.

I guess that's why the yammering has started now so that everyone who has a pet ruleset in mind thinks that if they shout loud enough, it will be implemented over everyone elses preference.

In my opinion, the noisy minority shouldn't be able to overrule the silent majority, so i'm more than happy for dpg to stick to their game plan.
  6. Jaenisch Elder

Selos was always the hardcore server....it just wasn't perceived as that at first.
  7. Silver-Crow Augur

8. jiri_ Augur

I think they called it that because of the fast experience; it had monthly unlocks and very quickly started getting thought of as the hardcore race server. So they were both hardcore and tailored to a specific audience - just not in the same way.
  9. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

I mean I have personally affected change in EQ over the things I have posted in the past. The biggest one was the massive exploit thread I created 2 years ago. A solid half of those have been fixed now.

The issue is most people are asking for their pet projects or things that would require a lot of work for little benefit. Then there are those who are incapable of putting their thoughts into coherent topics and discussions.