When is the next TLP? Ready for a new one. Preference. No box. One account. Starts on Kunark.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Stoobid Aggro New Member

Considering the utter shitshow the launch of Aradune was, you guys owe us TLP people a new one.
  2. MMOer Augur

Starting at Kunark would be good.
  3. Yruc Augur

Brand new live server. All zones unlocked except the tutorial zone - everyone has to start in their old school cities and everyone starts at level 1. First one to 110 wins
  4. Grudge New Member

yes, when is the next TLP?
  5. Nolrog Augur

Not anytime soon, since the last 2 just opened Velious. They are still early on, go play there.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  6. Machen New Member

While this is true, the other side of the coin is that EQ players will often take breaks from the game, a month or two here, six months there. Every guild on the TLP's that lasts more than a few expansions sees this happen with people coming and going. When there are newer TLP's, often when a player returns to the game, it is seen as less of a hurdle to start afresh on a new server than to get caught back up on their old server. The more and more this repeated cycle happens, the less and less I've seen players that take a break return to their former guilds/servers. So the steady attrition that happens every expansion every server is having a bigger impact these days.

It does say something interesting about the priority of the community vs the gameplay. Perhaps that's further exacerbated by the fact that many of us have been in several different guilds over the past few servers and seen people come and go aplenty.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  7. Machen New Member

I have no interest in a server designed around people being able to make Kronos.
    TheChosenOne and Skuz like this.
  8. KrakenReality Augur

So, you don't play EQ?
    sedain111 likes this.
  9. Machen New Member

There's much less room for RMT after the first 2-3 expansions, and I greatly prefer playing those later periods where RMT dries up. Kronoquest is only really a big thing at the beginning of each server.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. ikarinokamii Elder

same rules as angarr, except starts in kunark, locks at SoD. with 6 month unlocks. 4 months for non level increase ones
  11. Machen New Member

Of all the places to lock, why SoD? Why not press on to Underfoot?
    Genoane likes this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

All of this is absolutely accurate observation.

I think it's a two-fold issue.

1. Players have a perception that it is hard to catch-up even though it actually gets easier to catch up, and the remaining players eventually "learn" that to retain player numbers they need to dedicate at least some effort to helping returners & more casual members to stay relevant and to getting the tiny few players who start on their TLP much later on up to raid readiness.

2. Gains - as in the feeling that the player has increased in power from upgrades, or efforts they make seem to "tail-off" - in the latter game efforts to improve your character are the culmination of a thousand different small power increases spread over a vast array of things, Levels, AA, Heroic aa & progression, gear, augs, tradeskills, etc. in the early game it is far simpler & the gains are more immediate & narrowed almost entirely to Levels, gear and eventually to AA - that "power diversification" eats away at what any one increase feels like to a player so I think the "fatigue" can set in from spreading out power gains in too many areas and as a necessary result each individual area of gain starts to lose impact. EQ goes from feeling like "significant power increase" to a game of feet, then inches & eventually to tiny fractions of an inch (or Kilometres, Metres & millimetres for my European metric-system cohorts).
  13. Hialmar New Member

I'd like a TLP much like Agnarr but locks in the 2nd to latest expansion.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

They're making a few of that exact thing in 2021! Just roll on Phinny or Selo and when it hits live don't buy the newest xpac :D
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

Duplicate (why can't you delete your own post?)
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

17. Tankkin Journeyman

The server the OP posted, then a selos version without truebox~
  18. Nakoda Lorekeeper

lol @ the people that think they will do a pvp server makes makes me laugh everytime
  19. Nakoda Lorekeeper

game is dead after OOW you hate the 3 best xpacks in the game @@ what is wrong with you lol
  20. Jontrann Augur

You have more of a chance of free trade happening then one account, too many couples/spouses play this game together for them to ever limit it to 1 per ip.
    Skuz and code-zero like this.