When is that super augment coming out?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Jennre Band Leader

I just checked mine, and its maxed at 4500 hme
    Velisaris_MS and Nennius like this.
  2. KrakenReality Augur

Don't really care, I think that in team activities (sports, hobbies, etc) you should take the effort to be the best version of yourself. I'm not alone in my thoughts either, as thousands of others continue chase seemingly minor upgrades for their character power.

Just look at your own experiences this expansion, I'm sure you chased some augmentation upgrades that are only slightly better than what you had before or added some minimal % upgrade AAs.
  3. kizant Augur

I don't waste much time on things that don't matter.

[IMG]
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Which is why he has asked me to go do his for him.. Not that I am..
    Jennre likes this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

ZOMG, I'll win EQ (finally!) ;)
  6. Cicelee Augur

The point is this- a super augment based off of achievements is not going to matter. ROI getting an extra 4k h/m/e is not going to matter. There is not a single raid guild that will wipe on Aaryonar and afterwards say "Well if only we had that super augment based off of achievements then we would have won!"

The only thing the super augment is going to do is make people who care about their Magelo rankings mad. For the rest of the player base, it will be a boost in stats that, at the end of the day, is not really going to make a difference.

If the best version of yourself is 36k in achievements, so be it. If the best version of you is max slayer, so be it. If your best version is 22k in achievements, so be it. It is not going to matter because it is just numbers and stats. What does matter is your effort in the raid or group or mission or whatever, paying attention, and performing your best in the situation to maximize what you can do. And no super achievement augment is going to matter in any of those situations.
    RPoo and Jennre like this.
  7. Cicelee Augur

100% correct. Max Artisan Prize does not matter. Just like max super achievement augment does not matter. It is just numbers.
    Jennre likes this.
  8. kimbotta Lorekeeper

Don't really care, I think that in team activities (sports, hobbies, etc) you should take the effort to be the best version of yourself. I'm not alone in my thoughts either, as thousands of others continue chase seemingly minor upgrades for their character power.

Just look at your own experiences this expansion, I'm sure you chased some augmentation upgrades that are only slightly better than what you had before or added some minimal % upgrade AAs

Let not confuse best version of yourself and major lack of new content, boredom. People do this mind-numbing stuff because they don't come up with anything better.
    RPoo likes this.
  9. Sobmre Augur

i just casually do tradeskills because its something to do in game i know its not gonna make or break me stats wise. its just something to do.........
    Cicelee likes this.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Or, you can really make it not matter with cosmetics. They could institute tiered system of rewards. For example:

100,000 Achievement Points: Breezeboot's Frigid Gnasher Ornament*
    75,000 Achievement Points: Platinum Armor Suit Ornaments (your choice of Plate, Chain, Leather, Cloth).
    50,000 Achievement Points: Lord Bob Illusion (Original Blue Efreeti model)
    25,000 Achievement Points: Noble Dojorn Illusion (Original Red Efreeti model)
    10,000 Achievement Points: Noble Dojorn's Flying Carpet
    5000 Achievement Points: Plane of Sky Efreeti Tower (House Item, Teleport to Plane of Sky).

*Ngreth has said he wouldn't do a BFG ornament but he did say the same about the Gaudy Rainbow Cutlass Ornament....
    Andarriel likes this.
  11. Cicelee Augur

Would be interesting if a poll was created in game asking players if they would rather have a 5000 hp augment or the ability to look like Lord Bob. I personally think most would go for the numbers because even though numbers don't matter much per se, there is something to many to see the tangible stat increases that make you feel like you are progressing your character. Something an illusion, while cool (I still rock the OG siren after all these years) simply cannot do.
    RPoo likes this.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

This.

I don't think they need to add anything. But wouldn't matter if they did, wouldn't matter if it seemed some massively OP thing. Because:

NONE OF YOUR GEAR MATTERS OUTSIDE OF WEAPONS AND FOCI

None of it matters. It hasn't mattered for a long long time. I used to min/max. I was serverwide #1 in AC as a tank when we cared about that, for a good long time (alternating between a couple other guys back and forth). I would have done anything for any upgrade.

I stopped caring a long time ago, not because of lack of time (because I put in enough time to min/max if I wanted, I just don't care), but because it doesn't matter. You don't need a single piece of gear from an expansion to beat it. So gear doesn't really matter.

I don't camp augs at all. I don't even camp type 5 augs. Why? I'll get most eventually just by playing at my own pace.

So no, we don't need any extra reward for useless achievement points. But if they did, no, it doesn't need to be cosmetic or meaningless, because even if they added 5k hp to your naked stats it wouldn't do anything anyway.
    Cicelee likes this.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Cosmetics outlasts stat-flation and mudflation. 5000 hp aug will either be ridiculously good (the debate about min-max) or totally obsolete (in 3-4 expansions). And the devs seem uninterested in updating the 4 TBL FF evolve items or Artisan's Prize.

I've noticed more people invest in raid armor ornaments, illusions, mounts, and merc contracts than ever before. If you told me 3 years ago that people were paying 10+ Krono for Sinister Clockwork, Blue Clockwork, and Golden Hero armor, I wouldn't believe you.

Imagine this in sleek silver or platinum. It's gonna turn heads and keep folks interested in achievement points.
    [IMG]
    Andarriel and Elyssanda like this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Was this actually promised? My memory isn't perfect and my sarcasm detector could be totally out of whack too.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

HP/Mana/End numbers are getting too high already, we don't need to add another super high aug to it.

Rewards for spending achievement points on would be nice, things that we could purchase and choose what we get would be nice, a bit like the coins we get for the anniversary. Giving the players a choice of reward means they don't get stuck with ornaments, hero's forge, familiars, mounts, illusions, housing items, etc that they don't want.
    kizant likes this.
  16. Tucoh Augur

Of all the problems with EQ, the fact that gear doesn't matter that much is one of the most shameful parts. Game needs a stat rebalancing.
    Andarriel and Cicelee like this.
  17. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Honestly, when I see a silk class player grinding this thing, I think to myself why even bother? I don't say it as to discourage a goal someone has but I totally get where you're coming from. :)
    kizant likes this.
  18. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Cosmetics only like this I'd say. Don't make people grind stats on chieves.
    Sancus likes this.
  19. Cicelee Augur

No one is going to force you to grind stats on cheeves. Does RA require everyone's Artisan Prize to be 3k h/m/e?

For those who have put forth the time (like basically everything that occurs in this game) you get an augment that is better than what most have. And if you want to do old raid cheeves or slayer or hunters for a couple hundred HP, that is on you.

I say this as someone who is nowhere near max achievements, nowhere near max slayer, and not even close on raid achievements and hunter from VOA and prior. And whose Artisan Prize is, at most, 1650 HP...
  20. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I will camp 900 hours at one spot for a 10 hme increase that will be obsolete by next expansion and nothing will stop me!
    Astral64, Jennre and RPoo like this.