When does tipsy teena go away?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fumi-chan, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Fumi-chan Augur

The systemwide message spam is getting a bit much.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Most likely May 11th / 12th.
  3. Fumi-chan Augur

Thanks Bobbybick.
  4. dont hate the playa New Member

Agreed. This event certainly shouldn't be covering my screen in messages when I return from a prolonged AFK, and we should have ways to ignore certain systemwide messages. Hell, I'd be happy with simply an option to disable Systemwide "Progression" and systemwide "Event" notifications, and leave an additional category like Systemwide "Announcements" (IE: Server shut down)
  5. Gremin Augur

really? you cant ignore something that happens every 4 hours?

Filter it off to a window if you cant handle it.
  6. Catashe Augur

Don't just don't.. If you take this away from them.. They'll just complain about something else... =\
    Nolrog and Gremin like this.
  7. Gremin Augur

lol
  8. Fumi-chan Augur

Yikes, so you guys want to rail on the people you assume are complaining (spoiler: we're not) and totally miss the irony of some of you being the first to complain about the complainers? To be clear, I was simply asking a question about something that has outstayed its welcome. I couldn't find an answer anywhere so decided to try the forums.

tl;dr: Question asked, Bobbybick kind enough to answer. That's the end of the thread. Cheers.
  9. Nolrog Augur

I logged in this morning just so I could like this.
    TLP4Life likes this.
  10. TLP4Life New Member

I hope it stays. The race is the onty reason I log in to play anymore.

Many of us have quit raiding just to compete in this event.

Frankly, I find it disturbing that someone would make this thread that could potentially lead to taking away an aspect of this game that many enjoy. Go find something you enjoy in the game and leave us gnome racers alone.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  11. Brontus EQ Player Activist

How is a level 1 gnome supposed to kill level 24 mobs to obtain a key to Unrest basement to finish the quest?
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

The same thing level 1 gnomes do on every server where the doors are unlocked. Get a higher level to come help.
  13. Brontus EQ Player Activist

In most cases, a level one gnome will die in Unrest before they can even reach the basement door. Also, what if there are no high level players in the zones with keys? What then?

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me that the point of this quest is to survive by yourself without the aid of others. If high levels are required as bodyguards then the quest is not really a quest.

DBG could have easily moved the the final quest NPC to an area that doesn't require keys.The truth is that DBG added locks on the doors in Unrest without even considering how it would affect the anniversary quest. You don't need to apologize or white knight for DBG here.
  14. Machentoo Augur

Then you are doing it wrong.
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

The quest was designed with the idea that you have 30+ people all participating simultaneously and basically zerg rush the basement. It worked this way for the first couple races on Phinny and was pretty fun. At the time there were no locks on the Unrest doors so that wasn't a consideration. Now that the race is old news you need to find workarounds to getting through the final leg.

Yeah they could probably move the final hail NPC out of the basement so that the 1 server that has locks in place can theoretically accomplish it without the aid of high level players, or what is more likely is that they remove the ability for servers to even do the event at all until they reach XYZ expansion.
  16. Jahtw Journeyman

So, i have no idea what lock you're all talking about. I did the event today for the first time, was the only player in unrest and level 1, and clicked open all doors to the basement and finished the race. (After dying about 10 times to train the mobs out of the way.)
  17. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I thought they moved the NPC outside the door on pre-Kunark servers in the last patch. The doors are unlocked after RoK launches on a server.