When did Tiger pets get so small?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Goodkitty, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Goodkitty Augur

I remember the lvl 60 pet being a much larger size. When did they get small?
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It is the same for Ogre bear pet. It was stealth fixed on a patch around 2 years ago. I believe people were complaining about pets blocking Guild Lobby doorways. You can make your pet giant by going to Dreadspire Keep and having the gargoyles cast DT illusion on your pet. It would be nice to have them large again by default.
  3. Goodkitty Augur

Well we do have shrink. I think a better fix would to have shrink cast-able outside of a group!
  4. Numiko Augur

I noticed that too, I have been practicing on live with a baby beastlord (plan to make on on phinny when Luclin opens) .. and the first warder is the size of a kitten now!.
  5. Maedhros High King

Dont worry, at 105 on raids the damn tiger is the size of a house. Can see nothing else.
  6. YellowBelly Augur

They shrunk a lot of pets. The cool looking skeleton archers from the necro aa swarm of decay are now tiny and look ridiculous. The proc swarm pets from the ldon raid aug shrunk as well. Patch notes never did give a reason. I'm guessing it was people complaining about them while raiding. I really hope it was a mistake and they reverse the change.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Maedhros High King

Ugh, I can already see almost nothing other than pets on raids, I would certainly hate if they were even bigger.

If only there were different default pet sizes if the pet owner were in a raid instance versus in regular game. I get that pet uses dont like a bunch of brownie sized skellie archers (even though thats pretty cool) or tiny miniature elemental pets, or little baby bear and tiger cubs, but its a pretty big pain in the butt for everyone else (especially meleers and tanks) on raids when bosses are literally swarmed with a few dozen various pets.
  8. Duhbeast Augur

The big tigers are from group beastial alignment. I'm in the bigger pet camp, bring back bigger pets!
  9. Koryu Professional Roadkill

86 items with infinite charges of spell effect Tiny Companion
    13 items with infinite charges of spell effect Shrink

0 items with infinite charges of spell effect Grow
    2 expendable items with spell effect Grow, if you have a shaman who can make you potions or you don't mind carrying around mana batteries and a toolbox

Give us a Grow clicky and problem is solved. We'll have control over how big our characters and pets are, regardless of raid or group situation.
  10. YellowBelly Augur

The players who are in control of the pets should have the option to have them autoshrink. The only thing this seems to bother are raiders. That is a small percentage of the EQ population. I'm guessing this was a suggestion by some drunk idiot at a Fan Fair from five years ago. Once again it seems the devs cave in to the small vocal minority. Give me my regular sized pets back.
    Zirumkin Zenomorph likes this.
  11. Elricvonclief Augur

Keep the pets small, too many folks did boneheaded things before (blocking doorways, key NPC's, etc).

Since there are ways to make the pet grow, I'm curious about the motivation for having the pets large by default
  12. Goodkitty Augur

It's fun to see them grow as you level.
  13. Helena New Member

I like my small tiger kitty but it would be nice for everyone if they could make items that let you make them bigger or smaller not just smaller.
    Zirumkin Zenomorph likes this.
  14. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Give beastlords grow spell. Create option to turn off/on grow spell effects in the menu. Win/win.
    Boze and Zirumkin Zenomorph like this.
  15. Zirumkin Zenomorph New Member

Sorry for the necropost, but I've come to the conclusion that I really dislike these perma-tiny pets.

As has already been pointed out, the problem is most pet classes can shrink the pet, but not grow it. My beastlord has a snow spider illusion clicky for his warder, and I swear the spider now looks like it's barely a foot across. The other classes pets are also ridiculously small.

I agree with Koryu, above. Give us a grow clicky and the problem is solved.
    Boze likes this.
  16. smash Augur

Will rather have them small by default than huge by default. There are people who obstruct by placing pets at bad position. Like at quest npc where gotta turn things in.
  17. Febb Augur

I'd be for giving pet owners a grow spell/clicky if we can hide pets so we don't have to see them.
  18. Flatchy Court Jester

Just giive everyone the box to click to NOT SEE PETS AT ALL. Problem solved. Now lets get back to the real issue. GIVE THE TROLLS BACK ALLIGATOR PETS. Whoever thought that 6 legged bug was cooler needs neutered.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  19. Flatchy Court Jester

I have never understood the shrink pets thing so much but then again I mostly play sk and our pet isnt that big. I want mine large so I can see it and see what it is up to. I dont know how many times I have to tell people I group with to send their pet into attack.
  20. Zirumkin Zenomorph New Member

That's another good point...out of sight = out of mind. I.E. if you can't see it / don't notice it, you tend to forget about it.

That's on the inattentive pet owners, not the game designers. I understand your point though; it can make you want to scream when pet owners position their pets like that.

Another excellent idea. Why has this not been implemented? A simple check box (show/hide others' pets) in the display options would be all that's needed.