When are GM's going to start clearing the bot crews on Aradune?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by urbanbo70, May 28, 2020.

1. urbanbo70 Elder

Within the last hour or so I was in CB trying to find a pick that did not have them with no luck. One guy was pulling to his 6 man bot crew up by trainer. He had to zone and when he came back in there was only 1 person controlling the whole group. They all trailed right behind him back up to trainer.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

his 2 kids and wife all had to take a bathroom break, at the same time.

Keep it up though, I like your pluck. You'll make detective someday!
    Herf, Uesce, Kutsuu and 1 other person like this.
  3. That0neguy Augur

Why are you trying to stop families from playing together?
    Herf, Janois, Bailen and 3 others like this.
  4. kit74 Lorekeeper

Honestly it's not in their interest to, that would be biting the hand that feeds them....my guess they might ban 1 or 2 here and there
  5. wade_watts Augur

I really wonder when I read these posts.. Aradune has basically been an insidious crap-show of people trying to accuse everyone else of of boxing non-stop or breaking the rules. Even worse culture than prior TLP's in this regard. Non-stop OOC chatter about reporting folks, judging on their behalf. It seems like the burden of proof should be higher than "it kinda seemed like they were boxing"

"One guy pulling".. was it... the puller? Did it happen to be a monk or bard?

"1 Person controlling the whole group".. I'm not sure how to gauge this for people I see playing. Because they acted in unison when a mob came? Or not in unison? It seems like maybe some supporting evidence might help.

"They trailed right behind him to trainer" - is auto-follow a surefire proof now of boxing? I've had folks auto-follow me occasionally when they weren't familiar or were just being lazy. Is this now considered hacking/botting behavior only I guess? Maybe DPG should just remove the command if thats the case.
  6. urbanbo70 Elder

The point is these low level zones need to be monitored now more than ever to squash it before word gets out that nothing will happen as a consequence. When you have a full group shuffling along back up to trainer after shuffling along to zone out, that seems like something that would need to be investigated at the very least.
  7. NromDuke New Member

After a few months when these bots/5+ boxers spend as much money as they're going to and halt their subscription. Then they will send out an email saying how they started sending out ban waves. /rinse and repeat per TLP.
  8. wade_watts Augur

Yeah - but if you're just running around being a and accusing people of boxing that might not be, thats more insidious that some folks boxing. I agree with your point and action should be taking in confirmed cases. Just speaking from experience one day in. Personally, while single boxing, I had 2 totally different groups be accused of being boxers where, to my knowledge, nobody was actually boxing. The witch hunt needs to stop.
    Fredescu likes this.
  9. Snails New Member

I was in a full group running around everfrost and people accused us of being botters. Only 1 guy was 2 boxing. I was in a different group at a little higher lvl and somebody trained us, probably thinking were botters.

The thing is you dont want to be issuing warnings, or temp/permanent bans to innocent players. That is real bad.

You need to wait, collect evidence so your 100% sure you have the right people.

Plus if i made 6 or whatever accounts to box and i get baned day 1, or in the first week im going to charge back the subs on my credit card. Then what ever company is running this game paid somebody to enforce rules, and also lost money on the charge backs.

Theyre going to wait a couple weeks or so until the player population settles, charge backs are no longer valid, and then ban wave. Its literally how its done, you see it in other mmos.
    code-zero and Herf like this.
  10. Dominate Augur

Let me fix that for you!

Or you could have just said: I couldn't get a SBS camp and I was mad and/or jealous someone had the toy before me!
    Candycorn likes this.
  11. Thygrym Elder

They aren't hard to spot. 1 character (usually a chanter) leading 5 mages that are all on auto follow is quite easy to spot. A GM can sit unseen and watch ... within about 5 mins they'll know if it's a multiboxer or actual players.
  12. coconutn New Member

you get 3 warnings

then 4 stern reprimands

then the gm's internship is over sry no bans
    Herf likes this.
  13. Cruel New Member

Just got kicked off the game and reported for cheating, unattended gameplay. How is a group medding and a puller looking for mobs cheating? I guess the new thing will be reporting people for cheating and getting them kicked from the game, and back into the 2 hour que.
    Herf likes this.
  14. Gio1999 Augur

Were you guys born yesterday? I think most of us know a box crew versus a family.

If your "family" is constantly on autofollow and farming high end camps 24/7 then they can ban you and sort it out later.

That being said I've only seen 1 "maybe" box crew.
  15. Jezzie Augur

I'm sure some idiot will try 24+boxing on this server, some people just can't help themselves and I guess breaking the rules is just how they get their jollies!
    Having said that I have to say that I am yet to see a single person 6 boxing on this server. Plenty of 2 boxes using auto-follow and those boxed accounts are so bad that there is no way they can be using 3rd party software. It reminds me of Phinny launch.
    I'm thinking that that most of the 6 boxers went to Rizlona where they can do what they want with whatever software they want, I just don't see it as a big problem on Aradune to be honest and if somebody is 6 boxing they will stick out like a sore thumb in a month when we're all crammed into the lvl 50 zones.
    It's not worth getting frustrated over it at this stage of the game. It's more fun if they hit 50 and then have to re-roll, it might even be worth the 2 hour queue to login and play the game!
  16. TheDohn Augur

Did you petition?
  17. Lateryn Augur

And this is why you will never be able to enforce it. Because they will all claim exactly what this person just said and only about 5% of them are telling the truth.
  18. Rcbauer Augur

The bot crews are the last ones they touch. I saw 6 running around crocs in sro last night. Literally all sat and stood to cast at exact same time.
  19. Gnothappening Augur

Yeah, they need to be banned. Anyone dumb enough not to put a different delay on each of their boxes deserves what they get.
  20. Zapford Elder

I guess I'm lucky, I have yet to see a big bot crew, but I was entertained by a two character botter who evidently was afk exping and died in Feerott. He was right at the respawn point, trying to run his scripts. stand/sit 3 times in a row, and then a longer sit...over and over. No response from the player.