whats up with zam?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by svann, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Sputnik_Stan Journeyman

Does the search work at the moment, whenever I try to search for anything the page just sits there and does nothing, do you have to subscibe now to search ? Anyone else having this problem? It only started happening after the migration.
  2. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

We're aware of the search bar issue. ZAM ops will get that fixed soon.

Also there is another issue that might be causing some sluggishness to the site for some people, ZAM ops is also aware of that and will fix that soon.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Just as a tip to the people struggling with search.....

If you mostly know the name of what you want to search for, this may help. When you type in the search box, you can see it auto-filling possible matches in a list below the search box. Normally, I'd just hit enter, and then click what I wanted from the new screen, but that's what isn't working right now. However, if you click the item you want from the auto-filled list below where you typed your search text, that DOES come up right away.

Obviously, this doesn't work for everything, but it may help a little bit.

Tat
    snailish likes this.
  4. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

snailish, svann and Tatanka like this.
  5. Garcielle Journeyman

Very snappy response time, great!
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Same with me pretty annoying and useless atm. I have a subscription but its having issues.

Andarriel
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Zam is working great for me now! Very fast.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

still nothing when I do searches never had this problem before.
  9. Flatchy Court Jester

I use recipe search to find a lot of things that search works fine.
  10. RustyOfOz Journeyman

takes about 3 to 5 minutes to load a page. Much slower than before the down time.
    Barton likes this.
  11. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

It's having issues tonight, ops is working on it.
  12. RustyOfOz Journeyman

thanks for the reply, it is working much better today
  13. Ksenija Elder

I use uBlock and Ghostery and ZAM is atrocious
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Chrome? Chrome has known issues with ZAM. Firefox here.
  15. Febb Augur

I am using chrome, logged out and using only ublock origin and I see zero ads. You might want to reinstall ublock if you are seeing ads or you know, pay a $1 to sub instead of being a cheap .
    Metanis likes this.
  16. NeverPayForLag Augur

Firefox is a catastrophy. Paying Zam but the money is not worth to do it because it is slower than on another system with Chrome and without Zam login.Something es very borked with all the advertising plugins there....

Button mashing on loading more than once sometimes skips these horrible ad scripts/plugins in the site and then the search result comes instantly.

Zam should remove these damn payment/advert stuff for paying customers in a way that they don't interfere with browsers like Firefox.
  17. Febb Augur

Your browser is probably screwed up. I have no issues at all with chrome or firefox of what you are talking about. You don't see any ads if you pay for premium.
    Zanarnar and Tatanka like this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I also have no issues with Zam using Firefox or Microsoft Edge. Don't have Chrome on any of my machines. I am a paid subscriber though.
  19. Zamiam Augur

I use chrome and I have no issues .. im a paid subscriber so no adds ..
  20. Venjenz_vox Venjenz_bertoxx

I paid for premium, but my ads are still there, performance is slow, and none of the premium services are enabled. Emailed support, so hopefully that will be taken care of soon.