What's the chances on getting Fellowships sooner?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Oct 20, 2021.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Now now hear me out, I know it's not classic but even p99 has fellowships so I was wondering if there's any chance fellowships can be brought out sooner for TLPs?

For anyone that never used them, they are fantastic, and anyone that has had them most likely misses them. They make short playtime players get way more bang for their buck, and they also help hardcore players with just eliminating some of the tedium. The downsides really aren't there as far as I know, with the exception of chipping away at world travel, but by Luclin this facet of EQ essentially cuts the jugular and by POP the blood is bled.

Fellowships, in short, help friends get set up easier and faster through campfires, and also allow them to help friends progress via shared exp. The big thing is that the campfires allow friends to group up quickly and legitimately play eq "for an hour" whereas we all know EQ just isn't friendly to short playtime players. It seems like TLP is focusing on this cohort's quality of life, and campfires coming out sooner would definitely support this goal.
    Koredan and Korea numbah3 like this.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

3. Jaera Augur

Fellowship is accurate but campfires are not. All of the components for campfires were condensed down into one item that gives you a fairly massive buff as long as you are in range 1000 of your campfire.

The xp banking is very unintuitive on how it works, but if you do it right, then the campfire vitality can be really great.
    oldkracow likes this.
  4. Xhartor Augur

The fellowship is one of those QoL features you never want to give up once you have it.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Those special campfires.... I actually never used them, but rather I should have said I only like them for the teleport aspect/getting groups together fast.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd be happy with just the campfires working for porting too, no vitality no special campfires, just the ports.

I imagine it would be PoP at the earliest as the NPCs are in Plane of Knowledge to create the fellowship and get the port clicky from.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  7. Rybar New Member

This would also be amazing for my group of friends since occasionally we have more than 6 online and then someone gets left out of the XP for the session. This bites. If we were in a fellowship they could at least be accruing vitality (think bonus XP) for the next time they are in the group to make up the ground they missed out on being out of the group before.

The teleports would be obviously great too to help sync up the rest of the group easier and get playing!

It's certainly a big ask but I would suggest it could be added in with Luclin. That's when AA experience being missed out on is more of a detriment to your character.
  8. Quik Augur

I would be all for this!
  9. Loki4567 Lorekeeper

+1. Experienced fellowships for the first time on Selo. You can get 12 buddies together and talk smack in your private chat, and if one of said buddies has a new job, new wife, new kid, whatever, you can help keep them caught up with the XP gain from the other members of the fellowship.

I'd limit the buffed campfires to their specific era, the buffs are incredibly powerful, even at level 75, but the regular port-to-campfire clicky is great in and of itself.

All in all a relatively harmless QoL improvement that would do well in the luclin+ era, instead of waiting till level 75.
  10. Paladorfthemighty Apprentice

This would be too OP for multiboxers who are already locking down good camps in the classic era IMO. Maybe Dragons of Norrath at the earliest
  11. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
  12. Abundant Elder

13. Nolrog Augur

I would love to see fellowships put in ASAP. I think it's a great QOL kind of addition. I mention it to my guild on Thornblade frequently (I wish fellowships were available, WTB Fellowship, etc.)
  14. Aiona Augur

From where I am sitting Luclin looks like the best expansion to put fellowships in. And now that I am thinking about it, I can't even imagine why this feature wasn't released until after TSS -- I just get this feeling that fellowships was an idea that got 'postponed'? :D
  15. tollo New Member

They seriously need fresh gimmicks to sell their next TLP and this one doesn't seem half bad
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

If tunnelquesters got remote buying and selling, why shouldn't adventurers get fellowships and campfires?
  17. Saux New Member

I love this idea.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

On most TLP the "PUG-scene" is mostly if not already dead before Fellowships put in an appearance.

I do however think that they'd hasten the death of PUGs if they were introduced any sooner, moving Campfires to being used by any group might help some though.

While Fellowships were a good idea for cliques they ended up being used the most by boxers to help level their alts and they didn't help PUGS at all, if anything they help reinforce cliques & reward players for being exclusionary.
  19. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Fellowships and campfires are extremely useful for everyone. You can easily drop a fellowship and join another to quickly teleport to your pug. Win win!
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Depends if they like you enough to want to temporarily drop another character or precious alt to fit you in, if the actual Fellowship Leader isn't even online you are SOL.