What's on your grouping Bard's melody?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by kinadafz, Aug 24, 2017.

1. kinadafz Augur

My bard is 87 or 88 right now, mainly a bot for melody and auto attack. So, no charming, mezzing, etc...no way I have the skill to sustain that and 5 box.

What I do is a melody of 1-6

1) Slow (if hard mobs, the tim eslow. If easy, then <insert AE slow here>, or if need snare, then a snare slow)
    2) Most recent haste song
    3) Increase in Fire dmg song (have a mag in group)
    4) Increase in healing spells (merc has troubles healing me sometimes)
    5) Overhaste
    6) health/mana regen
    7) Selos or equilivent run boost

I may have an extra one in there, but for the most part, all of that hits me 90% of the time or so. I also have the overhaste aura up, so there is always overhaste, just may not be the best kind at all times.

Am I missing something crucial / what do you use? Remember, need easy mode :)
  2. svann Augur

aria, march, fjilnauk's song of suffering, arcane melody, fjilnauk's spiteful lyric, dobens spry sonata, pulse of sionachie, amplification.
    edit: just noticed you are lower level so let me break this down for you.
    overhaste, haste/atk, 2 proc songs, 2 ac songs, regen, amp.

I have requiem of time for slow on pull, but if I have a real tank I dont bother since they mostly have some kind of slow proc. If he is struggling then Ill use it when we get a name.

Silence of silicia, and mez mostly for splitting. Wave of torpor for if I screw up the pull or we get adds. Some tanks can take 3 mobs in camp no sweat, some cant.
  3. kinadafz Augur

Amplification - great song I am missing currently in my melody.

I also have one proc song going, but not two.

That's 8 songs in your melody - is that just because you are higher and have longer lasting songs / quicker casting ones? I think 6-7 is all I can reliably pull off to be on at all times.
  4. Brohg Augur

the A Tune Stuck in your Head AA has very high uptime with full ranks invested. most of the time, you get to run more songs.
  5. Theo Journeyman

Just a heads up but if you have the Bloodfiend's Throat Gem or other Harmonize clickie then Amplification is useless.
  6. svann Augur

Amp is double the strength of harmonize. Try it.
  7. Filter Augur

I bot my bard specifically for my zerker. I suck at using the bard since he's just standing there adpsing and autoattacking. I haven't used him to pull yet other than mezzing one and bellowing the other. When there are 3+ I'm screwed since I know nothing about bards yet...yet. Bard is still in heroic gear unless I have looted some random gear that was rotting by chance.
    I'm only singing 4 songs so I obviously slack/suck! Is there any thing specific to melee I should be doing? Bard is 102 at the moment and I don't want everything to be up 90% of the time so if if memory serves me correctly I can only do 5 songs? I'll post my songs later since I'm at work eating lunch.
  8. svann Augur

To see how long your songs really last play them in the guild hall/lobby/pok where they dont count down and mouse over them to see the seconds remaining. Then to see how many you can fit in that time play a melody and time it while counting the songs as they complete.
  9. kinadafz Augur

My bard is exactly like Filter's, only mine is 100. Here is what I sing:

Requium of Time (slow)
    War March of Protan (haste)
    Ruuabri's Reckless Renewal (crit heal modifier, gotta help that merc out)
    Aria of Va'Ker (overhaste / spell dmg buff)
    Chorus of Salarra (hp, mana, endurance regen)
    Kaficus' Song of Suffering (dmg proc)
    Arcane Hymm (dmg proc)

I find that most of the spells are up most the time.
  10. Brohg Augur

This is a totally fine result, except if you include Aria. Aria has to be up all the time, or something needs to change.
  11. kinadafz Augur

I use the Aura of Va'Ker combat that. So, melee overhaste is always at 25%, and the spell % bonus is always at like 28 or 30, dont' remember. Then, when the song is on (probably 90% of the time), then the spell gets boosted, where melee stays the same.

But, now I'm confused. that aura says it's self, but the description says it's companions (which I assume is group). Which is it?
  12. Theo Journeyman

Amplification is marked as a 0.2% boost to singing, Harmonize is 0.9%. From my test (before posting just to check) using Pulse of Sionachie Rk. III for the numbers...I saw no difference using either or both.

Have just tried again, this time I removed all buffs and took off my singing mod items. Pulse of Sionachie Rk. III for the numbers...

HP/Mana/End Regen
    No songs 434/291/74 (no buffs)
    Pulse Only 936/624/125
    Pulse and Amp 1206/803/153
    Pulse and Harmonize 936/624/125
    Pulse, Amp and Harmonize 1206/803/153

So my conclusion is that actually Shadow of amplification form Harmonize is broken. It is providing no benefit to singing skill at all.

Now if I put back on my boots (350% singing mod)....
    HP/Mana/End Regen
    No songs 440/292/75 (no buffs)
    Pulse Only 1212/804/154
    Pulse and Amp 1212/804/154
    Pulse and Harmonize 1212/804/154
    Pulse, Amp and Harmonize 1212/804/154

Stat caps may be playing a factor here so its difficult to know if Amp or Harmonzise is working as intended when you have a 350% singing mod item. so I tried bellow of chaos on some trash in Feerrott.

Bellow of Chaos
    Just song: 546 Damage
    with Amp: 546 Damage
    with Harmonize: 546 Damage
    with Amp and Harmonize: 546 Damage

No looking good so far...
    So what about boosts instead... using Horthins Psalm of Potency Rk III to increase the damage of Nisara's Chant of Flame Rk. III...

Just song: 23164 Damage
    with Amp: 23164 Damage
    with Harmonize: 23164 Damage
    with Amp and Harmonize: 23164 Damage

Needless to say I am lost as to what benefit either provides at this point. Please tell me if I am wrong... I would love to see how others test this.
  13. Brohg Augur

You've reached the modification cap on the songs you tested. So some Kicks.
    svann likes this.
  14. Brudal Augur

Doesn't shadow of * buffs say "This spell has no effect." after awarding or increasing the AA Item: Resonance/Harmonize/etc at a rank based on the ability cast? It is odd that the spell version of amplification mentioned a max focus of 320, but not sure that carries over to the AA version at 4/4. Or is there a buff version that is stacking with the AA line?
  15. Theo Journeyman

Thanks for pointing this out to me, while I was removing the Buff the AAs where still awarded so I was under the effect of Shadow of Amplification for all the above tests.

So based on this oversight Amp appears to stack with Harmonize.

Question is though, is it worth including Amp in your melody when most of our songs reach a cap without it?
  16. Fhiele Augur

My bard is 57, and I struggle with grouping songs

Obviously Cantana, and then what? If there's a chanter or shaman, I don't do haste, so maybe chant of battle, nillipus march of wee, and elergy(int/wis bfuf). I'll have that as my 2-5, with 1 as selos so if I'm pulling I mel 1,2,3,4, and in camp 2,3,4,5

If I have to do CC, it means no chanter, which likely means no haste, which sucks because mezzing and maintaining cantana and haste is a challenge, but you know, make it work.

In that first case, I'm not sure 3 of my songs are useful. I should probably just chant for the DPS.
  17. Tucoh Augur

In my box group my bard's spell lineup is:
    1: requiem of time
    2: Silisia's Lively Crescendo
    3. Fjilnauk's Spiteful Lyric
    4. Selo's Accelerating Canto
    5. Fjilnauk's Song of Suffering
    6. Slumber of Silisia
    7. Aria of Maetanrus
    8. War March of Jocelyn
    9. Chorus of Sionachie
    10. Pulse of Sionachie
    11. Rytan's Reckless Renewal
    12. Dichotomic Psalm

And my primary melody is:
    /melody 7 8 9 10 5 11 7 3 8 9 10 5 7 11 3 8 9 10 7 5 11 2 12

So:
    Aria->War March->Chorus->Pulse->Suffering->Rytan's Reckless->Spiteful

I sometimes replace Spiteful with Doben's.

I don't feel too strongly about it. It's a pretty good balance of ADPS, regeneration and defense. I found Rytan's Reckless to dramatically improve crit rate beyond the 25% it says it does, which makes it a little underrated to me.

On assist I cast Req of Time and then start my melody.

My buff cooldowns are: Second Spire, Fierce Eye, QuickTime, EoK BP
    My DPS cooldowns are: Funeral Dirge, Cacohphany, the two swarm attacks

I spam:
    Banestrike, selo's kick, bladed song, Reflexive Rejoinder
    Vainglorious Shout, Flurry of Notes, FRenzied Kicks, Dance of Blades