What's going on with the game audio? New bug?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Braikkarrii, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Braikkarrii Lorekeeper

Hello,

I have had this strange issue with the game audio for almost a month. When ever I log on to the game, there would be no audio playing at all (on the selection screen, or after I log on to the EQ world) on occasion. But after waiting for a few minutes (maybe 20 to 30 minutes) after my character spawns, the sound would suddenly un-mute itself, although no game audio settings were changed. The problem is hard to reproduce as it seems to happen sporadically.

The only work-around I have managed to find is to manually adjust the music and sound volumes in the game itself to get any sort of sound, without waiting for the game to un-mute itself.

Game setting wise, I have the music volume and sound volume toggled to 25% each, with environmental sounds, combat music, and randomized loading music enabled.

I have checked that my speakers are connected to the computer when ever this problem happens and confirmed that I am getting audio back from my normal programs.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think its mentioned in the bug thread. I didn't read close enough to remember many facts, sorry. :( But I don't think its you. :)
  3. Cadira Augur

Noticed that audio trigger sound is now part of the regular game sound, so you have to have that turned on to hear AT's. I hate ingame sound, and loved that AT's were on their own. Wish this was reverted.
  4. Defjam1 Journeyman

The audio triggers becoming tied into the sounds was borked in the last patch, they know about it. I suspect it was inadvertent since it was a suprise to them, and wasn't mentioned in any way in patch notes. Can it or will it be fixed will be dependent on what it was that made it happen in the first place and how much time they have to spend on it. I have not had any occurrence of the sound lag the op refers too.
    Cadira likes this.