What's epic about 10 player standing around

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Rcbauer Augur

waiting for an NPC to spawn for turn in?

Excellent :)
    Zipper and Duder like this.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

No one tells stories about the time the waltzed into a zone and got their epic. Look, you've already got a tale that you felt was ready to post. Imagine how great it will be next week when you finish.
    Diptera likes this.
  3. Madcat1983 Journeyman

Ya they talk about the epic dragon kill or the Giant fight with that Massive Monster ... not about that time you stayed up for 5 days strait to sit in neriak cleric guild waiting for an npc to show up move these bottlenecks to raid mobs and be done with them
  4. Febb Augur

Oh I see, you decided to play classic EQ. You must like excruciating pain then huh?
  5. suineg Lorekeeper

On every server but Mangler the epic 1.0 is completely irrelevant so you must be on Mangler.

The server that people knew would be slower paced and more of a classic feel. I guess you made the wrong call there.
    Thalliius likes this.
  6. Madcat1983 Journeyman

I am having a Blast on mangler with my guild atm I chose to do mangler not for the nostalgia but to ease back into the game its almost 14 expansions past were I left off fro crying out loud and its been 20 years would have maybe thought they could have evened out all the epic's by then ( mind you this is not the first TLP they have done and not the last I imagine _-
  7. Tierdal Augur

classic experience, selos is open
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

As mentioned you really had options *this* time. I think tlp epics could use some work of course. But selo is still an option. In a few months the next tlp is liable to put a dent in mangled anyways.
  9. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

People talk about that all the time.

Like, "Haha remember how dumb it was we had to stay up for days on end waiting on a single spawn? Early MMOs were terrible games!"
  10. Riptide666 Elder

It just takes "planning and coordination" according to some....
  11. yerm Augur

People tell their "war stories" all the time about turn ins and other trivial epic camps. Obviously the lines don't feel good, aren't ideal design, and rarely result in fond memories. The overall quest experience does. People very much do feel great senses of accomplishment for working through a long task and getting to the end. In a similar fashion, most people don't really like the rng tradeskill leveling method and feel relief instead of joy at skilling up, but when they finish a shawl or earring etc they are super stoked.

I'd certainly like if the epic quests were more interactive. More camps, rares, and bosses instead of lines. The problem is, I do NOT want oprah epics instead of lines. It's not epic if it's easy and everyone has it.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

I would argue that the epic 1.0 is completely irrelevant on any TLP. Yes, some are easy (rogue) and/or must-have (cleric). Enchanter epic isn't one of those... IMO.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you're a cleric in a raid guild and don't have your epic i feel like 9 of 10 members would agree you don't deserve raid loot either.

And of course every other cleric would probably let you take pally rezzes.
  14. yerm Augur

Cleric epic isn't so bad. The only bottlenecks can be soloed before kunark even unlocks. The solb turnin is up in a naggy dz if you can't get ow. Monk is a little more involved but you can at least score the robe before kunark and getting the spawn is soloable, even if the kill then needs a raid.

Any epic besides cleric and monk is a vanity item.
  15. Gana Augur

And rogue since it is the epic that legitimizes a rogue as a DPS class.
  16. yerm Augur

Playing a rogue is the ultimate vanity decision from the get go. You are trading better dps and/or utility for the ability to click illusion masks.
  17. Rcbauer Augur

You must know lots of bad rogues then
  18. yerm Augur

Inconceivable
    Gana likes this.
  19. Protagonist Tank

No, they don't. That may be what you roleplay you talk about, but what everyone talks about is whinging rambles about how long they stood around waiting for a spawn. Just like this thread.
  20. Rcbauer Augur

Yet here you are...