What zones have you never been to?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arclyte, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Arclyte Augur

I've been looking at a list of zones in Classic/Kunark/Velious and I noticed that there is still a big part of the game I've never experienced.

I've never raided. I've been to one CT kill and tagged along on a few of the Plane of Air islands.
    In Classic I've never been to:
    Cazic Thule
    Splitpaw Lair
    Kedge Keep
    Kerra Island

In Kunark I've never been to:
    Dalnir
    Chardok
    Kaesora
    Most of City of Mist
    Most of Karnor's
    Sebilis
    VP

And practically all of Velious and Luclin zones/dungeons.

I'm thinking about going all in, and playing a class/race I've never played before and checking all these zones off my list. I think it's mostly because these zones are harder to get XP in, or dont drop enough loot, but I want to go check em out this time around.
    Tomar and Pirlo like this.
  2. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Kerra Island is cool actually. Its like a hidden gem where the Pre-Shar Vahl, Pre-Stonebrunt cats chilled out, fished, raised kittens and battled Heretic Erudite's to the death in a rocky island/pit. If you just sat around you would see a bustling, thriving early cat village.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  3. rippah30 Lorekeeper

Kerra Isle is a part of Toxx now though, not it's own zone I believe.

Personally never been to Hate, Fear or Sky in Classic
  4. Kolani Augur

I have a running joke that Crypt of Dalnir isn't real. Do you know anyone who's ever been there? See.
  5. a_librarian Augur

Splitpaw is one of my favorite level 25-40 zones to do solo or duo with certain classes. All the different enemy class types keep it interesting and dangerous, and a few useful things can be found there (stun whips for pets, white hellebore for making level 20 distillate potions). My favorite obscure thing about the zone is the lake in the middle of the zone with level 31-34 snakes which can be charmed by druids or shaman even

As for what I haven't done, almost every outdoor Kunark zone. One day I am going to do a iksar kunark leveling route all the way to 60 and see them all
  6. Machentoo Augur

Crypt of Dalnir was one of those zones that used to be a permanent hotzone. On Fippy, not everyone wanted to make the run there, but if you did, you'd get 3-4x more xp than in any other zone of similar level range due to the way the xp cap worked. Spent many many hours there leveling alts.
  7. ch0rny Elder

I'm gonna start again on Mangler and plan to make it a point to explore more! I have NEVER been deeper than the entranceway to Split Paw and Never done more than kill a random mob while running through Runnyeye. In Kunark, I oddly spent a LOT of time in Dalnir, but NEVER Chardok or HS. Velious is all pretty mysterious outside CC, ToFS, CS and GD.
  8. Khale Journeyman

I always wandered around. The only zone I have not been in through Velious is Sleeper's Tomb. My favorite zone used to be Kedge Keep since nobody else would ever go there.
  9. Tomar Journeyman

Great post, I can relate to this. I am taking some notes here ty.

I've actually made it a point to push this idea within my guild on Mangler. The theme behind it is to explore the lost/forgotten/unexplored zones.
  10. Protagonist Tank

It's in Tox now, but it was its own zone once upon a time.

The only classic zone I've never been to is Sunset Home. When I played, the guides just had a room inside one of the islands in Sky, not their own dedicated zone.

I'd bet on one of the most underutilized/unvisted zones being SolC, though that's not released in Classic.
  11. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

While pondering the answer to this question, I loaded up my explorer achievements for classic zones. As expected, I'm a huge nerd that's been to every classic zone at least once. I was a bit surprised though to see a zone on the list that I'd apparently been to despite having never heard of it:

[IMG]

The Pit of Rathpher? Googling didn't yield many details, but it seems this was probably a second version of The Arena that guides/GM's could summon players to back in the best of the best days. Makes sense I guess given the geographical location of this achievement, and the zone having "Rath" in its name. Now the question is, how did I manage to travel there...?
    Fallfyres likes this.
  12. Protagonist Tank

You competed in one of the old GM pvp tourneys?
  13. Rajaah Elder

All of them, 100%, up until VOA or so. Never raided PoSky or went past the entrance of Runnyeye though, so I'd like to do those things sooner or later.

I'd be willing to bet that the top zone nobody's been to is Forgotten Halls in GoD. It's aptly-named because I don't think many people even know it exists. It's too bad because it's a super-nice zone, much more interesting than most of the GoD zones visually.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I think zoning into the arena gives you Pit of Rathpher as well.
  15. sumnayin2 Augur

Been to em all, I was that guy that in WoW when achievements came out I instantly had the explorer achivement/title for exploring all of the original world...and would have been the same for EQ if achievements came out while I was playing back in the day.
  16. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Wish I had! But nope. Even if I had, the tracking for explorer achievements began with Rain of Fear expansion, so apparently I’ve traveled to The Pit of Rathpher since then!
  17. snailish Augur

Our circa 2004 evil roleplay guild made lists of zones and targets. We weren't serious raiders so it was things like Nektulos...kill all halflings, Rivervale... kill all halflings, Misty Thicket... kill Mootu...kill all halflings...

Some we did, many we never did. We did have really messed up factions. If it was under level 55 Kunark to Luclin we probably did it. We actually missed more in classic when we looked back on it later, and PoP was rough with us not raiding. This guild was rebooted a few times and even into TSS era there was gaps in our list (we did a ton of under 70 TSS).

Dalnir is a great zone. Hard at appropriate level. Way off the beaten track hurts it. Having its prime original loot drop moved to a different zone killed its high end appeal, but then people were just camping the final boss and not doing the dungeon. Any leveling monk playing "pure" needs Dalnir as that is your armor upgrade.
    getlostgreg likes this.
  18. getlostgreg Lorekeeper

That sounds freakin' rad. I'm jelly.
  19. Krezzy Augur

Wu's is of a similar era, with most pieces being objectively better. Or did you mean "pure" in the sense of only wearing gear that drops for you?
  20. sumnayin2 Augur

Wu's was like 9 months after the release of Kunark, in the middle of Velious.