What would you like to see in EQ, 2017 & beyond?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by snailish, May 28, 2017.

1. Bailen Augur

Much has changed, but there is still a lot there that people will recognize. Crushbone and Kelethin are still there.

Many of the changes are not a negative in many returning players' eyes. They don't have as much time now to dedicate to EQ, and not having to face a long run deep into a dungeon to get their gear from their corpse is a relief for many. The same for other changes to the game, like picks and the origin ability. They do make the game different from the one they knew, but also save time.
    snailish likes this.
  2. Raptour_MT Elder

--Load character straight from patcher similar to what the EQ2 patcher allows currently.
    --Acknowledge that bows are 2-handed weapons and should be given 2-handed ratios.
  3. Sheev Lorekeeper

I'd like to see a stable, playable Antonious Bayle, but I have more chance of seeing a flying pig.
    Yinla and disgruntled like this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

DBG have been awesome with "quality of life"-improvements the last few years: advanced loot, stat-consolidation, and all those other nifty features that just comes natural to us now, like out-of-combat-resting...
    They deserve credit for that at least! :D
    Im not super impressed by the calendar yet though, would be better if guild-officers could add guild-wide events too...or if I could make an event and invite friends/guildies to it...
    I should have kept my mouth shut! :mad:
    Zahel and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

A big second on this. The few devs. have tried pretty hard IMHO to do what they can to make EQ a more enjoyable thing to play. However, much remains to be done and I hope they will have what they need to keep plugging away at things. Lots of these things were thought to be too difficult to put in place in the past, but they found a way.

Having said all of that, for those of us trying to max out our Artisan's Prize a way to /outputfile known recipes would be a huge time saver. And yes, I will keep beating the drum on this.
  6. nantalbus Elder

Few things I like to see but I know at lest 2 are not going happen or would be very unlikely to happen.

1st. we need a level increase.

2nd. The next exp needs to be like hot and tds in the way that access to zones is locked behind something(even if its 1 mission per zone). Not having it locked and having access to the top end zone on day 1 just feels wrong.

3rd. The new exp while not being super hard need to be hard enough that unless you in eok t1/t2 group stuff its going be hard as heck. Nothing I hate seeing more is someone wearing gear that is 2 exp old being able to handle the new stuff. The next exp need to be just hard enough so that if you wearing eok t1/t2 stuff you be ok. Wearing tbm top end gear can do but with great care. But anything older then that should be a death sentence.
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

• Return to the quests that don't walk you through step by step what to do (i.e. return to hailing, working through text queues, faction, identifying items to see if the lore holds any clues, etc.). I have never been a fan of the quest window for anything other than raids (and even then, I prefer the dz tool far more).
    • Since I know the above is a pipe dream beyond comparison, at least have some standardization in how the quest window works. There is no reason that, if I find an item in the wild before I am assigned a quest, a quest giver would not accept it for completion of said quest. Some quests let you pre-loot, some don't; some that let you pre-loot only let you do so if you trade (or try to trade, with a mercenary for example) the items so that the quest knows you "obtained" the item.
    • Give us the storyline of the prior expansion when the next expansion starts. This used to be covered to some extent in the journal but that faded away with DoN. Now, if you cannot complete all of the group missions (and are not a raider), you don't get all of the lore.
    • If the development team is set on moving forward with the aa method of increasing spell power (which is fine, given the state of spell development the last couple/few years), then it would super swell if we (1) got all of the spell lines back that were arbitrarily left out of the TDS spell turn-ins and (2) the increases increase more than one aspect of the spell where applicable (i.e. a spell that does hate + heal, nuke + heal or hate + nuke should have both components increased, not just one). Look, I get it, some spells were made once and never upgraded (usually in the expansions without level increases). I have so many of those lines it isn't funny - but you know what, most of those do not necessarily need an upgrade (they are percentage-based buffs, percentage-based disciplines, auras or spells that trigger some sort of static counter/recourse, etc).
    • For the love of Rodcet Nife, please give us some way to memorize more spells. A discipline user can fill up all of their hotbars with all of their disciplines if they so choose (I have more disciplines on hotbars than I spells in my spell bar, for example (paladin) . . . even though I almost never use most of them). I would love to take advantage of the spell development from well, levels 66-95 with the unique spells or extension of spell groups that were added. There is simply not enough room. Of course I could swap mid-battle (great plan for a tank!), but then I would still be thwarted by the initial recast timer (which in some cases is 10+ minutes); discipline users face no such restriction.
    • Thinking of recent expansion features, I wouldn't mind more key rings to free up some inventory space. I think one that folks have mentioned wanting is for the various nimbus clickies. I would personally rather have a teleport-oriented key ring. I have two bags full of clicks for gating/transporting myself around (which doesn't count any potions, or items with charges). This could alternatively be another great candidate for innate aa lines (unlock the line/aa by casting the port clicky once).
    snailish and disgruntled like this.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

Class stability where class abilities matter on current content. Meaning all content should take into account things like pick lock, crowd control and so forth. This will maybe make people see past just can you tank, heal or kill and take into account classes that have unique abilities that should matter.

If no increase in level cap new and improved buff spells or AA's to significantly improve the current buffs. Maybe even a passive AA for every class that increases beneficial buffs by xx%.

Alternative quest pathways that have illusions, teleport clickies or familiars as rewards. This will give people things to do in current content once they have finished the main quest pathway.

If possible fixing pathing issues in some of the older content. There are some zones I can only scratch my head as to how they were released with how horrible the pathing is.

Tradeskill merchants in housing area and guild hall. These could be a market place purchase if they wanted to make a little extra money.

Larger housing capacity for storage and ability to place more items in yards/houses.

Separate databases for TLP and live servers each with their own launch pad. Changes made to TLP are not made on live unless it actually makes sense to do so. Even though we are all playing EQ they are almost like two different games.
    snailish likes this.
  9. disgruntled Augur

Faction mattering. Ways to repair all factions like Faerie.

Questing for spells that we can sell to people who have more money than time. I have time but can't kill current content named. I used to farm important spells like Strike of Solussek, Remove Curse, and Perfected Lev and sell them to make money for the high level spells.
    snailish likes this.
  10. disgruntled Augur

Ability to pass XP (more than just the lame fellowship XP) to other toons. My magician went from 27-75 with people doing Creator missions. I was able to play my best toon while still assuring I'd have pet toys for the guild in a couple of months.
    Ditto, level-blind missions!
  11. Senadin Elder

A new class, Psionist
  12. kizant Augur

All I really want is a new caster dps aug for range slot. Something around 4k damage would be nice. Also, mage nerfs to make up for the new dps augs they'd be getting.
    Sancus likes this.
  13. Lheo Augur

1. new Caster merc: The doter....Stats like the nuker merc just using dots like a necro
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

1. A lag free AB
    2. Somewhere new to die, not some place I've been before years ago! How about Norrath's other moon?
    3. More wizzy ports!
    4. AE TLs for all our normal ports (wizzy & Druid)
    5. TLs to Hate & Sky (wizzy)
    6. TLs to Emerald Jungle & Skyfire ( Wizzy & Druid)
    7. Fellowship exp, put back to how it was originally implemented
    8. More buff slots on ourselves and the NPCs - preferably seperated
    9 MY GUILD HALL BACK! Complete with its Throne of Swords and Star Ship Enterprise! Teleporter and cloud rooms, Officer meeting room, sex dungeon, Horder room with lots of gold!
  15. Zahel Journeyman

I like the idea of just removing the spell memorization cap completely, and let us move spells to the normal UI bars like every other modern game. Is there still a reason to limit the number of spells?

Combat ability timers should have a spell casting window that pops up, just like normal spell casting, to let you know how much time you have left. The current window has a bunch of unnecessary UI boxes that are legacy from back in the day when that's all you needed. This also allows for less clutter as the window would only pop up when you have a timer.

Aside from that I actually don't have that big of a problem with the current UI (especially now that they have made a ton of QoL changes to filtering).

Other changes I would make are basically taking the effort to actually balance classes. Define what you want each class to be good or bad at and then stick to it. Current class balance is probably the most out of whack it's been in a long time.