What will you do during next weeks 36 hour downtime?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I do home health, so my normal shifts are 12 hours, but if my relief calls in I pick up their 12, then my next normal shift of 12... it's happened a few times. thankfully not too often.
    Vumad likes this.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

GOG is great. If you grew up in the olden times you might also find some stuff that interests you at https://www.myabandonware.com/ . So many random 90s/early 2000s games that time forgot.

Bonus: Free cause abandonware
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I was in my 20s in the 90s, I definitely remember many of these. Thank you!
  4. Nolrog Augur

Probably play some Civ VI. Do some yard work if it ever stops fricken raining. Try to log on over and over for 36 consecutive hours.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Phiyre Augur

League of Legends and virtual pinball will keep me busy :D
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Laundry, weeding, FSX SE, riding my bike, kids, oh, and work...:)
  7. Demigiuse New Member

I understand that games have there work that needs to be done on them, and every engine needs a good tune up every now and again.

I think my only big complaint about this is the timing they have chosen to do this.

It is anniversary time and all the events surrounding it are on a timer and then they will be gone. The 2nd half just was released and you are going to take a 36hr break which will most likely be 48+.

I do surely hope that you plan on extending the times of these events as it was poor choice in time frame and I feel this kind of migration upgrade or what ever it is could of waited till after this event was over
  8. Demigiuse New Member

This isnt to fix a game that is all ready working, or hot fixes cause last patch messed up up a few quests or instances..

This is daybreak upgrading there own hardware and systems, sorry but I feel this could of waited a few weeks.
  9. Leigo You come here often?

Gonna get on GTA V with a bunch of EQ buddies and play massive bumper cars!!!
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This isn't just EQ, this is the whole of Daybreak, there proberbly isn't a good time for anyone to have this downtime. There maybe things that need doing now, which cannot wait any longer. That side of things we will never know.

It is only a day and half, but for some it will seem more like 2 days due to the time it goes down and up. It could be much, much worse.
  11. Godsanvil Journeyman

Sounds like some of you are living in squalor while EQ isn't having some extended update event.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

QFT
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I am here to state,
    For reasonable is the hour,
    I both succeeded and failed,
    In shoring up my lack of will power.
    I did, however, walk
    It is what I said I'd do.
    And now I ForumQuest
    Writing stale poetry for you.
    Dythan likes this.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Minty fresh certs. One of the greatest shams of IT. :)
  15. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Taxes and Trolling.
  16. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Probably finally try out Stellaris. I've heard mixed reviews about it, but I'm a sucker for a) space and b) Paradox games.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Server down an hour earlier than expected!

And so it begins.

About to start 30 minute workout, followed by breakkie.
    Weather is nice and sunny albeit a little chilly, looking good for getting some stuff done outside and maybe a little painting. :)
    NO SHOPPING!!! - YAY! - got that out the way yesterday, amazing what no food in the house makes you do! :rolleyes:

See you all on the other side. :)
  18. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Yinla, Dreamweaver posted in the announcements yesterday:
    It's Daybreak's maintenance, NOT Darkpaw's.
  19. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I'd like to revise my answer. I will spend the entire day at work regretting that I didn't leave myself logged into the forums since I forgot what day the maintenance would start. Luckily I'm still logged in at home, so now I can go around responding to stuff I couldn't earlier. But first, dinner.
    Yinla likes this.