What Were The Biggest Nerfs in EQ History?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ibc93, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Not sure where you got that info, but DotC is still available in the DBC store.
  2. wingz-83 Augur

My J-Boots.
  3. Moege Augur

TLP's has the 48 limit version, live does not. Something like that iirc
  4. Moege Augur

Next big nerf incoming is for berserkers their double dico is being 'fixed' direct dps loss of about 3-4%.
  5. eqzekisdead Augur

Kelp Hilted Mace nerf. It was my favorite item in the entire game, now trash.
  6. Stymie Pendragon

I thought that as well, but I probably had it confused with /gems. I spent many a long respawn timer in OT playing that mini game. :)
  7. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Draught of the Craftsman never changed.

In 2019 it was "replaced" with: Quaff of the Craftsman. It rolled out initially in a bundle for the 20th Anniversary and replaced the Draught in the marketplace.

That lasted about 1 year. They fixed the issues with the Draught and returned it to the marketplace (probably because the Quaff sales were awful?) They also raised the price twice (from 1000SC to eventually 2500SC/DBC).

Originally, it was also "indefinite" in PoK, but that only lasted a month or so.

TLP's don't have access to the Draught for quite some time.. something like HoT or VoA....
    Moege likes this.
  8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

They did some shady stuff by adding alternate success/failures, I can't remember the name they called it. However, it made the draught effectively useless for some high end combines.
    Moege and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

It was like.. a useless item and an alternative product or some thing like that yeah.
    Skrab likes this.
  10. Moege Augur

RoS raid diamond combines being one of those alternate fails.

/sarcasm
    But its not a fail you still got a different item.....
  11. Skewert Lorekeeper

Do you remember the name of this AA (the one that provided a snare)?
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

Vander's Bane was a pretty good nerf. It used to proc a strong swarm pet and often enough to be good dps even without flurry (always-proc aa) running.
  13. Desean-Xeg New Member

One of the more annoying nerfs was adding a 30 sec recast to enchanter self runes during EoK. Went from being able to tank namers to a spell that wasn’t even worth a gem slot.
    Skewert and Tucoh like this.
  14. Zunnoab Augur

It's probably come up but the pull/gravitate/moment ability immunities getting blanket added to an excessive amount of things, negating the purpose of the abilities existing, is way up there for me. I hope they aren't as extreme in the next expansion.

It gets a particularly dishonorable mention for me because it doesn't do anything to make the game more challenging or fun.

I don't think anything but some bosses and maybe some named should have those immunities. Certainty not base pop or adds in missions/raids.
    Skewert likes this.
  15. Tucoh Augur

Yeah this is one of the more unfortunate ones. EQ would benefit if rangers, monks and enchanters could tank with proficiency somewhere between a mage pet and a plate tank. Enchanters in particular being able to lock down mobs by focusing on defensive spells and weaving together runes and stuns was pretty cool gameplay.
    Skewert likes this.
  16. Iven Antonius Bayle