What was the logic behind removing Close buttons on bags?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raluden, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Raluden Elder

I've been away from the game for long periods and missed some major changes. Like the disappearance of the Close button from bags. This has to be the most head-scratching change I've ever seen. What was SOE's reasoning? Amuse me, please.
  2. Feradach Augur

There used to be a Close button on bags? Don't recall ever having that. Not with the default UI anyway.
  3. Elizabeta Augur

Bags have a "Done" button which closes them.

If they are not showing for you, open a bag, right-click your mouse in the header area, and turn "Show done" on.
  4. EQbud Augur

The new DONE button is nice for non tradeskill bags, but for bags with a combine button it keeps reverting them to horizontal instead of vertical.
  5. Raluden Elder

/facepalm

Why is this defaulted to off??

Thanks.
  6. Yther Augur

Isn't there an X in the top-right too. I don't know for sure, but seems like there is. Is that a sign I need to play more, that I can't remember a simple UI feature is there or not. Anyway, I generally just Escape to close bags, or right-click the bag again, just like opening it up.

Yther ore.
    Tegila likes this.
  7. Djinnkitty Augur

With the massive tangle the UI has become over the years, they probably removed it, as there are a number of other ways to close it including esc and right-clicking the bag again.
  8. Jonny Panic Augur

I just use Shift+B to open and close my bags. The lack of a Done button allows me to position them in a streamlined vertical fashion without needing to allow for a button.
    FatbukSlapmeat likes this.