What type 5 augs for paladin?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Hardtry, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Hardtry New Member

Looking on magelo a lot of people are using dex, sta, or agi. What do you use and why? Is one the best for raiding?
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Dexterity for group tank Paladins, Stamina for raiders.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  3. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Dexterity if you just prefer a fairly "balanced" setup that works (i.e. does something, maybe not defensively, but something) in both settings.

Stamina if you just want flat survival.

Agility if you just like the way the word Agility looks.
  4. Qimble Augur

Stam is best for raiding and it isn't even close. But no matter which you pick, if you're got good gear and play properly you'll be able to tank whatever you need to. Stam stacking just makes you more able to tank extra mobs during oh moments during raids.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Gear is so overwhelmingly mudflated it doesn't matter much. But I prefer stacking dex with a focus on agi as secondary. I'd rather take a 45 ac aug with 20 dex/agi than a 70 ac aug with 21 dex, for example.

I feel like you get better overall stats that way (I think with tribute going I was at almost 3000 hdex and 2300 hagi the other day in raid, end up with like 300 more agi for less than 100 dex tradeoff if you do it that way, and the ac drop doesn't mean anything really now, unfortunately). I play the game outside of raids enough that I'll take the dps and avoidance boost vs stamina, when I have plenty of hp for raids as is (500k buffed).

Try and pick one though really. Dex is better by FAR if not raiding though. Raiding...we don't need a single piece of in era gear to beat the raids the past 5 or 6 expansions.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

Heroic Dextierty for group.
    Heroic Wisdom for raid, because melee stats are useless.