What Toons have I got? .. and on what servers?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Dweezil, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Dweezil New Member

Is there anyway to check what toons I have, and what servers they are on .. without logging onto every server to check?

... it's been a while since I have played on live (apart from various TLP's), and I have forgotten whats where and whos which o_O
  2. Thunderkiks Augur

Have you wiped the computer at all? If not then all the UI files will be there and they have the player name and server name in the file name. Other than that I don't know of any other way besides logging on to every server to check.
    Razzle, Gundolin and Zapford like this.
  3. Derd Augur

Short answer, no. But really when servers are up it wont take you that long to log in and go thru the server list. Aw, yes I forgot you could check your eq files, sorry :)
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  4. Drusi Augur

Back when Sony run eqplayers(I think that what it was called sort of competition to magelo) you could see your characters there.

It's been some years since they closed eqplayers.

So yeah got to log to character select screen for each server, you do not actually have to log in the game.

Think of it as a treasure hunt!

Who knows maybe you will find a level 65 cleric with an epic on a server that you had forgotten about. :)
  5. Gialana Augur

There is a file in your EverQuest directory named <station name>_characters.ini
    That will list all of your characters names and their servers. If you're working with a fresh EverQuest folder, I'm not sure if that file is automatically created the first time you log into your account or if you have to do something else to populate it.
  6. Anhari Augur

If you need the level, race and class, then you have to go through each server to look at the character select screen.

There is the file _characters.ini that lists each server and character that you have accessed. I think you do actually have to log into the server and character(s) to get them listed in this file. My file only has two listed now since I have only played two characters since my hard drive crashed and I had to re-install the game on a different HD. I HAVE looked on the character select screen but didn't log into the char/server.