What to Play?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Korzu111, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Korzu111 Elder

Hi All,

I just renewed my subscription after not playing for a few years. I ordered some Krono (10x) and was looking to start playing on Coirnav. However, I’m unsure of what to play. I’d be one-boxing it. My play style is mostly solo, and although I’m not totally against grouping, most of my playtime would be in the morning (like 5 A.M. - 9 A.M.) when groups would be hard to find. I’d kind of like to level up and farm to build up a good krono base for the next TLP that they do this March so I can get in at the start and level a few different classes. I’ve played Wizard mostly, and some Druid, Warrior, Shaman, and Enchanter before. I was thinking of something new, but not sure if that’d fit what I’m looking for and my style for farming. Any opinions?

Thank you!
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

If i was going to 1 box solo and farm i would pick shaman. At least early on, shaman and enc are probably hard to argue not being the most powerful classes. Necro probably isn't bad either.
  3. Hinastrom Elder

Solo leveling with this experience rate will drive you nuts very quick, its painfully slow.

That said, if you are going to only 1 box with the main goal of farming krono, I suggest shaman as well.
  4. snailish Augur

You have 10 krono... that's a huge start compared to many players on a new server.

Solo leveling and then farming wise I'm not sure you're going to efficiently bring in krono now till March vs. just not spending your 10 krono. Unless you buy non-expirable value items (not something a new expac makes worth less) and just cash them out at the perfect time (while they are worth more than you paid for them, while population still is there that wants them).

Welcome back and play whatever is fun. Slow XP rate means solo feels slow... my necro on Agnarr feels slow at times due to all the medding downtime. I can kill reds, but I do a lot of sitting.
  5. Korzu111 Elder

I’m leaning toward Druid because I can roll halfling and get the XP bonus, plus ports, sow, and soloing ability. Plus, I think I could twink one out for 1-2 krono and just save 8 for the next TLP. I can farm giants and explore more of Kunark/Velious/Luclin. I only have minimal experience outside of classic tbh, so I think it’d be a good learning opportunity.

On the downside, I can’t do solo dungeon crawls as a Druid, but I don’t know how much I could do that anyways as I might have 15-20 hours a week for play time.
  6. Fhiele Augur

Necromancers are pretty good at solo xp and farming platinum(but not necessarily named items). Its also not something you've done before, unlike Druid. You have ench experience, so you should be all right at necro charming too. You can probably kit one out for 1 krono. All you really need is a dot damage focus and some int/hps.
  7. Risiko Augur

Druid is a solid choice. Other than that, I would go Shaman, but really just play what you find the most enjoyable.

The Shadows of Luclin expansion comes out the week of Thanksgiving on Coirnav. There will undoubtedly be bonus experience over the Thanksgiving holiday, so take advantage of that time to level up your main. Also, Luclin brings mounts to the game, and if it is anything like the TLPs before it, you will be able to buy a mount from the marketplace for about $20. It's a huge bonus to all casters, so be sure to pick one up.

This is perfect timing to start on Coirnav. Welcome back, and I hope you enjoy your stay.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Dru isnt the worst choice. In raids and groups they really lack in pop. But ports are still viable through luclin and they can certainly still solo.
  9. Kazz99 Elder

Course if you want the occasional group.... shaman get groups very easily.... druids once they can heal a group also get them decently easy but thats not until later.... solo power, not much beats a shaman but druids and necros are also very good there.
  10. a_librarian Augur

If you have any interest in multi boxing then druid/enchanter is amazing and will let you dungeon crawl and level anywhere you like solo at a decent pace.

For a single character I'd suggest necro, enchanter or shaman. Enchanter and necro will solo level much faster than shaman and can do it without any gear.
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Don't waste your time with the server it's garbage. If you only got 15-20 hours a week and play during off hours won't even hit level cap for like 5 months.
  12. Korzu111 Elder

I leveled up a few characters (druid, warrior, rogue) to the 20s, and I've turned my 10kr into 26kr... Now I don't know if it's time to just hold on to the kr for the new TLP (still 4.5 months away!) or buy some caster items (WDC, Ring of Lightning, Choker or the Wretched) and try out some casters... ahh