What to play?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Khalifa Kush, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Khalifa Kush Lorekeeper

Hey gang - I have a group of friends playing (shaman / enchanter / mage / SK)

I'm looking to fill the void with something melee dps / solo / twinkable for cheep right now. Will get a krono.

Monk
    Ranger
    Rogue

Which should I go for?
  2. Ducreux Augur

Unless you plan on raiding I would advise against the rogue, they are really lackluster in the group game compared to Monk/Ranger and also don't allow you to do anything solo when you are outside your group of friends.

All 3 are easily twinked out with even a few krono. Fungi and Silver Chitin Handwraps are dirt cheap on this server and there's lots of decent ratio weapons available for all 3 classes that you can find really cheap.
    Finley likes this.
  3. Khalifa Kush Lorekeeper

Awesome thanks for the quick response! On a dps level for the current expansion on Phinigel. Ranger and Monk are close? or Monk destroys ranger? I'm just thinking I'll miss out on SoW and stuff. Fletching :(
  4. Reht The Dude abides...

Keep in mind, phinny unlocks expansions pretty quick, compared to original releases. If you plan on playing the character for a while, you should consider how the classes stack up in the next few expansions as well as looking at where they are now.
  5. Aenoan Augur

It's going to depend on the expansion and gear, I am a bit bias I like monk better than ranger for dps. I play a ranger on Phini right now and he's pretty amazing, I wouldn't even worry about sow though monks eventually get up to run 8 (71%) and you have Jboots in the mean time.

Rogues do pick up steam but it's not until late expacs, but like Reht said - check the expansion there are times classes do fall off a little.
  6. AgentofChange Augur

Monks are far and away better dps than rangers right now. It's not even remotely close.