What to do when leveling (achievement quest lines??)

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Zinger, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Zinger New Member

Hello, I just started playing a week ago, got a level 22 druid on FV. I'm looking for some sort of questline or something to help me with some purpose during leveling. I heard theres something along these lines in achievements. However its all overwhelming on what to do and where to go.

Any recommendation for leveling up tor the first time ever would be appreciated.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

On your character screen towards the bottom it says "achievements" click that and on the left you will see a lot of buttons for different things to do. Various ones include different zones or quests or collectables and just all sorts of stuff.

The main one you want to start with is the tab that says "Hero's Journey" Click that and it has quests you can do level by level.
    If you need more info on each one then I suggest you google the name of the quest or zone and choose the result from Allah

For example click Hero's Journey then look for the "Welcome to the Moors" level 21-25

And under it there is a list of quests to do. If you wanted to do "Ordunn the Minor Golden pick one " then type that in your google search. This will have a walk thru
    The Golden Pick I :: Quests :: EverQuest :: ZAM

Another option is to just go to allah (Zam) and look for the zone you want to check out and look at the tabs that say "quests' at the top of that zone page and choose one you want to do.

There are a lot of other pages that players have made to level up or quest or play - those too you can google -

this is a nice one
    https://almarsguides.com/eq/gettingstarted/
  3. Zinger New Member

Thanks a lot!

this is exactly what I was looking for :)
    CatsPaws likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The other thing you can do now that you are above level 20 is the hot zones: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=30481

These are level based and you just go to the zone for whatever level you pick and kill 5 mobs there. You get a nice piece of armor, some plat and extra experience. You can sell the armor if you already have that piece.

If you only chose one task then you will be locked out until the next day so when it is possible you want to chose as many as you can, even if you don't do them they will stay in your task window if you decide to do a different one later in the day.

Use your map and in the upper right corner it says zone guide. It will show the start zone as whatever zone you are in when you bring it up. Put in the zone you want to go to as the end zone and it will show you how to get there. Very handy

You also want to make sure you downloaded Goods maps and Brewells maps as those are great in game maps that will help find stuff. Google them to find the links. IE Goods maps Eq - always put the EQ or everquest after your google so you get everquest related stuff
  5. Zinger New Member

amazing! will do, thanks again
  6. Tucoh Augur

Few quests will accelerate your character's power faster than just grinding mobs, especially as a new player and especially on FV where you can get gear easily. CatsPaws' advice to use Franklin Teek is the best exception, he'll generally provide you high-value quests in high-value areas.

If you're looking to break up the monotony of leveling with quests, you've got a ton of options. I don't really have any recommendations. The problem with EQ quests is that the larger ones are fairly imbalanced in terms of difficulty where you'll be able to do 90% of them then run into a block where you either need to outlevel it significantly or get help. This social aspect is intentional. At higher levels things get more normalized where you'll be given level-relevant quests to work through as you level.

In addition to what CatsPaw posted, this resource is a good one for interesting quests http://www.paullynch.org/eqguide/guides/quests/
    Zinger likes this.
  7. quakedragon Augur

I would recommend Franklin Teek and do hotzones till 65. Cresent Reach, Blightfire Moors, and Gorukar Mesa have some good quests worth doing too if you like to do quests. The other zones, not really that great for quest and reward. Then defiantly do the Heros Forge achievements. The level 75-80 heroes forge gives you basically raid gear, and the 65-75 is pretty good too.
    Zinger likes this.