what should my alt wiz spend his new muhbis on?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by svann, Mar 14, 2020.

1. svann Augur

Ran a casual TBL raid last night and won a muhbis, which I let my alt wiz jump in and loot. At first I thought to make it into arms so he gets raid level fire focus, but then I think I remember someone telling me that RK2 spells are capped at group level focus and wont gain any more from raid level focus gear. Is that correct, and if so then what would be the suggested 'buy'? chest? 2H?
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I believe the Rk2 spells being capped only applies to Bard songs, so raid level foci should still work for Rk2 Wizard spells.

Can't comment on best usage of a muhbis, however.
    Szilent likes this.
  3. Belkar_OotS Augur

I'd guess raid 2hder (procs). Followed by breastplate (focus and click) and arms (fire focus).
  4. Szilent Augur

BP no good, doesn't focus new spell. Because the BP focuses are super specific in what they do, group 115chest > 110 raid chest.

If the alt owns no raid 2h, then raid 2h. Raid staff accommodates one more proc aug than group staff. Old Rod of Ryzr is totally fine, though.

After that sleeves is a good call
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Unless you duo with the bard and wizard, probably should have given the muhbis to any other toon. Gear is just not that exciting for wizards much anymore … it's even worse when fully raid geared moving to the next expansion.

I'd agree that the 2h is probably your best overall increase in damage, assuming you have at least the TBL cheese 2h aug or the ToV cheese 2h aug. In non burn situations, the sleeves are probably better as they will cover ToV (and the next expansion) and are a 20 percent boost to the focus in fire (...that's not a straight 20 percent boost though … sad face …).

Using Kizant's super app, there's a 4k dps difference in favor of TBL raid sleeves, T2 ToV group weapon vs T2 ToV group sleeves, TBL muhbis 2h and a good proc aug. Burns the 2h should be on top … but that's more work than I'm willing to do for this...

But bottom line … neither 2h or sleeves is that overall exciting. But giving your group zerker a 2h muhbis weapon … that would have been sweet.