What should I do with 35 million plat

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

There really isnt much you can spend on to improve yourself besides power leveling, and F that. Maybe buy collection items if you havent completed the ones you need for progressions.
    Wdor and code-zero like this.
  2. Iven Antonius Bayle

3. FranktheBank Augur

Like someone said, its 10-12 krono, which is just... nothing. It might be a lot to some people, but its just not that much really.

I would just give some away. If you see some newbies or someone asking newbie questions, just give them 100k. Its huge for them because they can buy spells and crap.

You can also buy some sets of gear to give away.
    Wdor likes this.
  4. Flatchy Court Jester

For sure, I have 4 accounts of 120 level characters but honestly did not notice how much spells cost.
    I have not bought spells for a level 120 Druid since level 88. I went to maidens eye and spent 300k on just basic rk1 spells, for levels 116-120. Yowzer.
  5. OldTimeNewbie Journeyman

So, can I ask how you got the plat? It sounds like you either have alts that have been in the game a lot longer, in which case you should know enough to know that plat can't get you that far, or you bought a bunch of krono and sold them to raise the platinum and now are looking for something to do with it.

Progress in this game is about gear and AA. You seem to be dismissing all advice about gear (seeing as you are in T1 ToL you should not be). And plat might be able to buy some AA PLing, but you won't get to max in 24 hours as your request requires.

And what does being a mage have to do with blood-soaked items anyway?
    Wdor likes this.
  6. Buds Augur

I assume you are not on the FV server. I've paid 60M plat for an item before on there. That's why that server is nice. You always have raid stuff to buy. I spend hundreds of millions of plat every expansion, gearing up all my toons with the best gear. 35M plat on FV is peanuts.

Depending on what class you are. Buy the best weapon or Pet focus item you can get. If you don't have anything decent to buy, ALWASYS convert your PP to krono. Kronos go up in value over time and PP lose value. I quit for a couple years after selling all my items and buying as much krono as I could. I bought the kronos for 300k each and when I came back, they were selling for 2.5M each. That's how you make easy money.
  7. Alnitak Augur

It's not a sin to be poor. Keep saving up.

If your character is lvl 120 and has only 100AA over auto-grant it means only one thing - it SUCKS !
    Really, it's very very VERY underdeveloped character. You'll need 25-30K AA's or more (class-dependant) just to become decent. Current-era AA's make a significant difference and you need to purchase previous era AA's before current, so costs are staggering.
    Meanwhile, in 1 day you can buy a collection of current and previous era ultra-rare items (blood-soacked and ice-encrusted) for raid-level click-effects (permanent passive AA's) to get immediate benefits. Also a raid-level weapon would be a good investment (worth a few Kronos, 7-12 mil pp).
    Pet classes are at disadvantage here - Summoner's earring costs 30+ Kronos easily.
    Beyond 1-day shopping spree - start working on your character: get your tradeskills maxxed for Rallos Zek earring questline (RZ earring is worth wearing even today as it offers 3 type-18/19 aug slots for unique effects those augs offer, as well during progression it provides a few unique gear recipies)
    And go back to Call of the Foresaken and start working on the expansion progression - Hero AA's provide a significant boots to your character. then finish expansions TDS->TBM->EoK->RoS->TBL->ToV->CoV->ToL. Each expansions questlines reward with many Hero AA's as well as plenty of AA's. You should be able to make a significant progress in your AA's.

While you are working on those - be aware that some missions will be quite difficut if not impossible for your box crew (catch 22 - those are easy for well-developed toons). You may need to purchase a few TA's for your progression (I'd say ToV+ missions, TBL- are quite doable by an undergeared box-crew of 120). 4 missions per expansion x 3 = 12 TA's per toon, 150-250K pp per TA these days. 2-3 mil pp per toon.
    Just a note - some missions grant 50 AA per completion (one time) and some easier tasks grant 25AA every time you do those, so 100AA after auto-grant means you've never done the progressions, means your character is very very weak, so start making it strong! And 35 mil pp will be barely enough. And ToL T1 gear SUCKS !
    Wdor likes this.
  8. uberkingkong Augur

Got the plat from doing tradeskills.
    Already had 300 in all the tradeskills I come back and make ToL items, cost about 35k plat to make, sells for 300k. Next thing I know I'm on 35 million plat and not sure what to spend it on for myself.
  9. Lingum Elder

I don't have that kind of stack (at least not on a single server) but get what you are saying. I got more than 10 million on a couple different servers. I am a life subscriber, so krono is pointless to me. I'm max level on both servers, have the best purchasable gear possible, all my spells and am nearly max AA. I am also GM on all tradeskills on one server, and nearly there on the other. I generate roughly 250k a week just from collectibles.

It gets to a point that you don't have anything legitimate to spend it on. I don't regard illusion toys as being legitimate.