What should I do with 35 million plat

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Flatchy Court Jester

I would give it away to newbies. I remember when I first started. Me and this guy I met and grouped with were hanging out in pok. This character starts yacking to us and knows we are newbsters right away. She hands us 20 thousand plat each. We were freaking out because of our good fortune. We didnt know what to do with so much plat! We both ran out and bought drog mounts. pretty sure that was my first mount back then.

I have always tried to give away plat to new people I have met because of this. Well if they are truely newbs.
    Wdor, Orienn, Nennius and 1 other person like this.
  2. Iven the Lunatic

Anybody offering more ? The highest bidder bragger will receive two cookies.

[IMG]
  3. Stymie Pendragon

I immediately thought of this old movie. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend watching it. :)

Tatanka likes this.
  4. Malbro Augur

Donate it to the Malbro charity fund on Luclin :p
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Herf Augur

Be like Oprah.
  6. Stymie Pendragon

I could use a couple of new cars. My youngest is about to get his license, so sign us up for 3!
  7. Juzam_Djinn Elder

I mean, that's what you do when you get rich in real life. If you don't want to be rich, buy Kronos and I will gladly take them off your hands.
  8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Don’t listen to these poors.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Buy more pie. I like pie.
  10. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I have an old friend, who has given up the game. Before he left, he asked me to set up a Safety net character for his important things, that only I or he would have access to. He parcelled insane things to her, I got them from the parcel guy and put them in the bank. (not listing what he sent but I know what it's approx worth in game is, and insane is the only way I can describe it.. )
    Then a year later, he says "nope, I won't be back, it's all yours. I can finally make you keep the stuff I sent you to help you help other people, because you can't give it back now."
    we argued.. I took the 5mil cash from the toon, left the Kronos and everything else alone.. I just don't feel like it's mine, he MIGHT change his mind some day and want it all back. 5 Mil I can reasonably pay back if he returns and wants it back.. there is no way in hell I'd be able to replace some of the things though.

all this to say, fund a tradeskiller, only don't give them pp, we often refuse it.. but we never turn down supplies..
    Wdor and code-zero like this.
  11. zleski Augur

Make a difference.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

I would just hoard it and do nothing. This is not financial advice, I'm just too cheap to buy anything from bazaar so I find myself hoarding plat which I'll likely never spend on anything.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I got like a 140k. Is that a lot? :p
  14. Bigstomp Augur

Buy crypto plat. There is no way spending fake money to buy fake money will ever do anything except make you rich.
  15. LadyQuake Elder

Dont know if u are a raid person. If not see if anyone selling that bloodsoaked armour. Or kronos for free subscription for a while.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

throw a party!
  17. Laronk Augur

Move it to FV and see that 35 million doesn't go THAT far.
    Sinikad and code-zero like this.
  18. uberkingkong Augur

Yeah your right.
    Only responses I'm getting is jealous people trying to put me down or being told to buy a blood soaked item. I'm not even a mage. Have zero interest in blood soaked items so if thats all there is to offer thats sad. I'm already 305-315 in tradeskills too.

I'm surprised no one is mentioning best way to spend 25 million plat, everyone seems to go all in on 1 item that is super expensive. Thats how you go broke without effectively spending your plat.

Like 1 million dollars, yall be talking about how I cannot afford some cars, and how I should spend it on a car thats worth 1 million. "1 million thats nothing, keep saving theres a car 2 million. 1 million is average, keep saving!"
    I'm broke now, wasn't very effective use of my million.

I'm looking for things where its not investing into the stocks or bank again but investing in MYSELF.
    Like buy services to increase my knowledge of something. Buy some service that reduces my time spent on time wasting tasks that I can turn into money making time. Etc. Good effective spending.

Like I said, I'm lvl 120 ToL T1 geared Autogranted AA and 100 AA more than that, so 36000AA.
    35 million plat, I'd like to spend 25 million of it in ONE DAY
    Whats effective spending of 25 million plat?
  19. code-zero Augur

That's not really a whole lot of plat to be honest
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It's all relative. It's about 10 times as the most I've ever had. And even at that level (~3.5M), I don't have a whole lot to spend it on. Spells, distillers and such, only cost so much.
    Wdor and code-zero like this.