What should a bard be melodying in my box!?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Malkavius, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Malkavius Augur

So I recently came back and i've been playing around for about a month and found what I really want to do. I love wars so war is my main, I love bers so ber is my second, and I found I love bards as my third. But I have no clue what /melody songs are best while leveling. I typically run overhaste/regen/ds and whatever next. This was all while i was 2 boxxing and testing what i wanted to maybe do. I have zero experience with bards. I made one about 10 years ago and still have a drum around here somewhere.

I essentially just want the best /melody set up while also having the utility songs when needed. Assuming its like lvl 50+ .Would also be nice to know what songs are obsolete but look good? Alot of spells are like that. But not the best set up when i'm lvl 115.

I know you guys mean good but when you post your 6 box set up with 30 macros per toon and have 1 screen with 6 smaller screens explaining why and how a class can be utlilized it can be a bit overwhelming,
  2. Cadira Augur

I'd say overhaste, warmarch, reckless renewal, and then you're choice of either a dps proc, pulse for healing increase and Regen, or an ac buff like spry sonata to help survival or any combo of those three as aas let you twist more songs.

Not a bard expert, but I always box one.
  3. Spacemonkey555 Augur

At lower levels you need to pick thru the spell list and figure what you want, it tends to change as you level up with new songs every level. Overhaste & haste are very popular, aoe slow/snare, song of sword dancing (dex buff if defiant doesn't cap it), selos, mez are stuff I'd have memmed and try using, but regen won't do anything for bard/zerker/war unless you're not using a healer merc maybe.

Visit the plane of knowledge library and there are vendors with every song up to 90.
  4. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

Unless you have a regular source for haste-spells, use the Warmarch. Add Overhaste. Add Damage proccs, since you seem to do mostly melee - forget songs that increase spell damage. Add Damage Shield and/or AC. - everything that makes your team hit faster and harder, makes your toons harder to hit and punishes those that do. If your bard has a high enough level for the aura song, don't add regen-song but use the aura for healing and manaregen. Experiment a bit how many songs you can play in a row - 5-7 should be possible with a good connection, those don't have be constantly active but the breaks between ending and restarting a song should be as short as possible. I guess you fill the other slots of your group with mercs, I'd suggest two healers and a melee damage dealer.
  5. Szilent Augur

boost aura always from level 90, not regen aura!

from level 90 on, boost aura isn't just haste. your group wants its otherstuff all the time. don't waste aura boost on mana regen
  6. Wulfhere Augur

Hmm, well I find that the group performance can be better with my bard stacking Echo (Auras/Health/Mana) and Aria (Utility Beneficial/Haste/Spell Focus) vs doubling up on aria-style boosts as you suggest.

The echo is working to restore the group while I'm out pulling and we get the more powerful aria boosts during the fight. The thing is that the boost bonuses don't always compare to the multiplier of mana/endurance efficiency and recovery, say like for a druid casting more NFW per hour of experience.
    Varillian likes this.