What setting turns this on/off?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Monkman, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Monkman Augur

The lightning behind Gorenaire in this image is related to what setting?

For months and months I never saw this, just recently (~2months) I adjusted a setting and can see it now and believe its related to my crashing in certain zones (smoke/caverns of endless song)

[IMG]
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

3. Monkman Augur

I have advanced lighting off, and all settings under the particle (spell/env/player) set to off and/or lowest they can go. Definitely not /showspelleffects as i always run these off..

That lightning isnt a spell, its part of the zone effects for this raid and is supposed to act as a "barrier"...

Stumped on the combo of settings that turns this (and other auras like anashti t3 raid off)
  4. Horyuken Augur

Pretty sure that is Env Particles second tab in options. It controls torches, fires, smoke and stuff like that throughout the zone. I would bet that's your issue.
  5. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Would be easier to buy a better computer there kiddo!!
    Critts likes this.
  6. Sarkaukar Augur

7. Caell Augur

Sounding more and more like a hardware issue not a software issue.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Monkman Augur

Yeah the worst part is 99% of the game runs smooth, no fps issues or crashes anywhere else besides caverns zone in and the plane of smoke “sand dervish” mobs. I can ignore the caverns progression as it’s for an alt but the thing that worries me is I won’t be able to get past smoke in the new expansion. Everyone says you can run this game on a potato but clearly they’ve integrated some graphics that require high performance gpu
  9. Sarkaukar Augur

Did you run extended time Mac diagnostic?

Okay, I have a question for Mac w/bootcamp. Which version of directx 9c are you running? The last version was 9.29.1974, June 2010, which had the last set of modules created for it. The older directx 9 installers do NOT update to the June 2010

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Edit. And no one this thread or the other have replied back on the setting, if there is a setting that would disable it. fyi some of the setting changes do require either zoning or restarting the game.
  10. Panthur New Member

It's particle effects.
    Type /part off
    (it can be off/low/med/high)