What server should I play on?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Candeth, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Candeth New Member

Can someone give me a quick break down on the different servers?

Havent played in over a decade and am looking to just check out the game again and level as fast as possible.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

You have a handful of options. The choices are essentially: Test, Regular, Firiona Vie/Brekt or TLP. Various rulesets apply depending upon the type.

• Test is its own animal, and I can't really speak to it as an actual server to call home. There is a permanent experience bonus and for all intents and purposes you have a gold subscription without paying. There is essentially no economy, and people can copy characters from any other server to this one ostensibly for testing purposes.
    • TLP servers are . . . different. They cater to people who for whatever reason do not want everything in the game available to them at one time, but prefer to restrict themselves to limited content. There is a whole sub-forum about them that you'd want to peruse if you were to consider this playstyle, as it is not for everyone. This is the only server type that requires you to maintain a subscription to log in.
    • Firiona Vie/Brekt are the free-trade servers. With certain restrictions, almost everything is tradeable on these two servers. You can never transfer off of either server. Beyond that: FV has a permanent experience bonus and a high server population, while Brekt has neither.
    • Regular server are anything not mentioned above. All content is available, though you need to purchase the latest expansion to have access to content above level 105 (and a new expansion is coming out presumably in about two month or so that will take us to 115).
    Fanipak frootsnak likes this.
  3. Candeth New Member

Thank you I started on the FV server it seems like a good fit.
  4. AcemoneyFV Augur

Shoot me a message with your class. Saintly is my in game name. I am always farming named and getting augs/gear, can parcel you a bunch of stuff.
  5. Pristine Oakwynd

Thanks for this topic. Started out a wizard on FV to see what the server is like, and reading this topic helped so that I thought it might be worth checking out.
  6. Mevo New Member

Think im going to roll over here also after reading this
  7. Judor Journeyman

Brekt is also pretty much completely free of trolls - exactly opposite of FV...... :)
  8. Mevo New Member

actually just noticed one is rp think ill give brekt a shot since thats not really my thing thanks for the info