What phinny should be

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nostalgicfool, Feb 6, 2016.

1. nostalgicfool Augur

- Real two box server (ie at most two account on a PC).
    - Much higher solo xp, so we are not forced to group, note that live was like that since i remember that solo xp was sort of ok.
    - Encounter lock : the first who pull gets it.
    - Weak trivial loot rules : The greener is a mob the less likely you are to get ok loot, this would imply that we get a (self)-mentoring system.
    - Expansions based on vote except for may Kunark (because classic is so small).
  2. Venthos Augur

I wholeheartedly disagree with every point you've made.

- No, boxing destroys the social aspect and sense of community. You're not going to rid all boxing, but the current Phinny rules curbs it to the die hard boxers.
    - No, soloing was never an aspect of EQ -- ever. Some classes could do it, and it was okay in lieu of getting a group, but it was something always discouraged by Verant by way of how the game played. Group, this game is about socializing.
    - No, that is a core change to how this game works and also encourages massive griefing. Look at Project 1999's forums for threads about "autofire" and other "FTE" (First To Engage) problems where absolutely garbage shady tactics occur to yank spawns by abusing this type of rule/mechanic. And that's with a somewhat active GM group. Here on Phinigel, we have no GMs effectively.
    - No, look at Firiona Vie and see how poorly this went. The abuse to get around it (create a raid) and the other grief-like behavior to circumvent this.
    - No. I am not categorically against a vote, but this server was created with the promise of no votes. It should stay that way. RF/LJ were created with the promise of votes, they should stay that way. You can't pull the rug out from us on this.
    Raludar, Your_Ad_Here, Critt and 7 others like this.
  3. Zanarnar Augur

I couldn't agree more with Venthos. :D
    Vaelkyrie and Rhiyannon like this.
  4. Thraine Augur

solo exp was better than no exp, but group exp has always been better and should stay that way
    Vaelkyrie, Darkening and Rhiyannon like this.
  5. Turinbar Augur

HAHAHAHA Venthos. I'm going to look for the post where you said " XP is fine on Phinny ", I told you it would be changed, and now it has. Every reasonable person thinks xp was bad.
  6. Venthos Augur

XP currently still is fine, and it's sad they're modifying it. But it remains to be seen if it's a minor bump or if it's the 2x+ rate you're wanting. If it's the latter, then the 10-45 range is going to be absolutely dead and many XP zones that are reasonable time investments now will become ghost towns. If it is the huge jump that'll let people go 1-50 in a weekend, then that's a shame. As soon as they come out with an Original Phinny rule server again, I'll abandon to that one for the social aspect.

Either way, you derailed this thread for this? I'm honored that I affect your day that much. Very sweet of you :)
    Your_Ad_Here, Critt and EQvet like this.
  7. Poydras Augur

XP is fine. The fact that they're changing it does not disprove this. Nor does the presense of online whining. There are people who love/hate every aspect of the game, and we hear from them whenever something is changed. The TS gives his personal preferences, the rest of us give ours. Then we give our worthless bs analysis why we think our is best for all. Like I 'm about to here:

The real problem was that they released phinny so soon aver the prior two, and many just presumed all other things would be equal and they could just "transfer" their same raiding guilds to the new server and proceeding with the instances and/or faster unlocks they really wanted. The group game was just an obstacle to them, rather than the vast majority of gameplay in EQ classic and kunark as it is supposed to be.
  8. iceyx Journeyman

I can't disagree more.

1.) if you want to box, go play lj or rf. It is not welcome here. We want actual people playing all characters. It is SO MUCH BETTER

2.) no. More group exp yes, but this isnt wow. You should not be able to level solo anywhere near as fast as a group.

3.) another dumb Wow mechanic. DPS races are part of EQ. There are plenty of other games to choose from. We just lost a dps race to asylum of shadow last night, and it only motivates us to be better.

4.) that has to be the worst idea i have ever heard. In a game where so much low level content is still relevant at higher levels, this would cripple a lot of things and makes 0 sense.

5.) im already bored of classic, and kunark is going to last maybe a month before it joins it on 100%farm status. Another "just go play ragefire" point here. I dont want to wait 3 years for POP because some people that play 3 hours a week want catch up time. 3 month is perfect.
  9. Poydras Augur

By the way I'd prefer the opposite of trivial loot: everything nodrop except tradeskills.

Perhaps they could make all currently-droppable stuff heirloom to allow twinking (while keeping the nodrop stuff as it is).

Though I guess these ideas might kill their whole krono-based business model.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  10. Venthos Augur

Holy heck. Wow. I'm so sorry, I'm so used to be people wanting the ez-mode tram ride through content I misread your post. My apologies. Wow. Weird seeing a post wanting the game to be harder. Deleting my post that thought you wanting NO TRADE removed from all items.
  11. vardune Augur

All of this is wrong. It's fine just the way it is. Maybe a longer unlock, 115 days but that is it.
  12. iceyx Journeyman

Now i know you are just trolling
  13. Poydras Augur

Do you always argue like you have a pole up your rear or did this thread topic hurt you personally somehow?
  14. Rauven Augur

Phinny wasn't created around voting like Ragefire. It was created around metrics.

Funny how its the most populated TLP server... despite not being the one created by the majority of players. In the end this proved one thing to Daybreak:

The players don't know what they f-ing want in a server. So lets just choose it for them. They'll be disgruntled, but they'll play it anyway.

Congrats Everquest Community, you caused democracy to fail. And all you had to do to make a statement was stay on RF/LJ. Didn't have to do anything but just play. But you rerolled. And proved Daybreak right.

This doesn't apply to those who actually like Phinigel, you guys are awesome. You play on the server you like and don't moan and whine about others.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  15. Miss Shortcake Elder

the only thing that this would change is the multitude of low level idiots sitting at zone lines spamming "LF ROTZ!!!!!!" that train you trying to get free loot like how the public plane zones work now.
  16. -wycca Augur

P99's raid scene is, without a doubt, more toxic and horrid than Ragefire, Lockjaw, and Phinnie's combined. Those rules, plus corrupt GM rulings, turn it into a case of petitionquest & suckupquest. Trust me, socks and dps racing is far better than dealing with the P99 raid scene.
    ElaidaTL likes this.
  17. Venthos Augur

Agreed. Each time pre-Phinny that I had a brief thought to checkout P99, a brief look at their raiding situation stopped that thought dead in its tracks.
  18. Venthos Augur

I said this in a few other threads, that the fastest way to kill a game is to put its community in charge of its design. Players, as a whole, are horrible at making good gameplay. Prime example is DayZ and how that's turned into an unworkable abomination thanks to community driven development.
  19. Machen New Member

If it were the most populated TLP server (historically speaking) they would have had to set up a second Phinny server, alla Lockjaw. They didn't. Ragefire had far more toons, more pickzones, more everything at launch and during the first month or two than Phinny has seen. Not really unexpected when most people 6 boxed on ragefire and most people are playing 1-2 toons at most on Phinny.
  20. -wycca Augur

To be fair, they said that the phinnie hardware was even beefier than Ragefire's was. That being said, it's absolutely accurate that people are playing 1-2 toons at most in large part. I am aware of only a handful of 3-4 boxers in our guild for example. I don't believe we have a 6-boxer even, let alone an 18-24-32 boxer like RF/LJ have seen. I was a skeptic when it was announced, but it's clear that the true-box code has worked well. It's also been very enjoyable for me personally, and I think it's been more conducive to people becoming attached to a character rather than them becoming disposable or people being disillusioned.
    Raludar and Rhiyannon like this.