What is your controversial EQ hot take?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Alarya, Feb 20, 2023.

1. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

When I put my tinfoil hat on, it becomes clear they want to go out with a bang.
  2. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

The story goes "Final Fantasy" was called that because Square thought they were about to go out of business.
    Stymie likes this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

And when you take the hat off?
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Thats when they get you.
    Koshk likes this.
  5. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I miss the bobbing of levitation.

harder to tell if someone is far away, or shrunk and floating.
    Ravanta Suffer likes this.
  6. Alarya Augur

Cute dragons are 100% acceptable, especially when they are celebrating with Firiona Vie who does not need to be in skimpy "armor" all the time.
    code-zero, Rijacki and kizant like this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Rumor had it that she was based on a well known employee who has since left.

If this is the case then the original rendering is over 20 years old and its prob best she cover up now. Things go south at that age.
    Alarya likes this.
  8. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I miss how cool it looked, not to mention that climbing on top of certain things was easier.
  9. TheRealMuramx Elder

If Cazic Thule can be naked flaunting his Dad bod. Then FV can wear skimpy clothes...
    Alarya, Dre. and Metanis like this.
  10. Sanduleak Journeyman

(If I understand you correctly...)

One of the things that I would really like in EQ is the ability to use my other account characters as my mercs. And you basically get a window with your 1-5 "player merc" accounts to set their actions as either damage, tanking, or healing, and the game effectively automates them for you as such. And when it comes to loot, you can assign loot to your different characters as the master looter.

That eliminates the tedium of boxing, and adds some long-term meaningfulness to the existing "merc system," because you're actually progressing your own characters not wastefully developing mercs that you never see again.

I have no idea how difficult this would be to program and implement. But it would be awesome imo.
  11. Sanduleak Journeyman

Is the "Hero's Journey" not basically this? I've never done it, so I don't know. I'm not being a wise-acre here. I just thought that quest-line took you to a bunch of old and new zones while you leveled.

Because I agree with you. That would be awesome. I think this is something sorely missing in a lot of old MMORPGs. WoW needs it desperately, as another example, because as a new player you're funneled into BFA and then DF content when you have absolutely no idea who anyone is and why they hate each other one minute and suddenly get along the next. And it's even worse if you go into Shadowlands.

These old MMORPGs really need a questline that takes you through a few key events and zones from every expansion during the leveling process. Instead of "go here, killing 8 kobolds and then go over there and collect 12 leather hides," it can be "we've had reports of Soandson legendary bad guy in the abandoned castle nearby, see if you can find him or any evidence," and while in the castle you can either kill him (if the lore says he was there) or just collect as many lore/evidence items as you can as proof increasing your exp for the quest. Okay, now kill the dragon/monster/demon that confronts you as you leave. Cool, now next expansion.
    ISmellLikeInnySwamp and Metanis like this.
  12. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Not to mention, these boxes costing as much on eBay and similar platforms as a newly released PlayStation, in order to fleece players without access to whatever big box store sells them.
    Rijacki likes this.
  13. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

I agree. But, if it keeps the hamsters fed, and I don't have to participate, I couldn't care less if that's how they "grab cash."
    Kaenneth likes this.
  14. Hegsheoshed Augur

I forgot that deep down aren't we all just Soandso. I apologize to everybody's inner Soandso that was offended. I think all the graves were other names and Soandso was the one running around learning about three things or thereabouts. I think the last thing to learn was jumping into a hole in the ground. They did make the hole fancier looking later on or I am remembering some other game.
  15. Hegsheoshed Augur

16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I'm torn on them, it does encourage the devs to fix bugs in old content when it's current for TLPs.

But it also may keep them from enhancing old content. I'd like to see the Karanas/Rathe redone like the Commonlands/Ro areas.
    Rijacki likes this.
  17. Szilent Augur

Innothule/Feerrott being split definitely an anachronism. Could go for a stretch, combine with Rathe Mountains too since that's technically a starting zone now.

Karanas being turned into a 30k x 30k monster zone would be hilaaaarious
  18. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

just add some stables at each zone in with an NPC that casts a temporary high speed mount buff that disappears when you zone out.
    Szilent likes this.
  19. Gn011 New Member

I find the new "lock on engage" intriguing but it can go one of two ways...
  20. Justyse Journeyman

Create a throwing item for the Range slot, with summoned throwable ammo for the ammo slot. Usable by all throwing capable classes. That way you don't have to use the /bando to switch out to throw, and can keep your stats vs losing 15k hp+ and stats just to use a skill we're supposed to be masters of... Or if we stick with our standard Lower Expectations, maybe just give us a crappy throwing item more than once every 6 years.