What is this in the notes about dot changes?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Fian Augur

This sounds like a nerf, as they were saying that dots have become too powerful. Can anyone explain what they were seeing in test? As an enchanter, should I be worried?
  2. scaethach Scholar

Certain DoT AA essentially pushed the growth curve on damage too high too fast. Those AA were scaled back to flatten the curve a little. Enchanters got a slight boost to our least used DoTs, the rest were unchanged for us.
    minimind likes this.
  3. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Basically necros were nerfed in this xpac with dps decrease. 10-20% approx I haven't studied it completely but wondering why I paid money for a punch in the face
    Orienn, Rizzin, Krazzi and 2 others like this.
  4. Moege Augur

You would be getting it anyway. New expansion or not, paid or not.
    Andarriel, Kaenneth, Tarvas and 4 others like this.
  5. Derd Augur

Basically a overpowered class has been readjusted to a level that is still probably too high in dps. Some melee classes got a small boost. Necro and mages played reasonable well will still top parses. Melee played perfectly will attempt to be closer.
    Tegila likes this.
  6. Spacemonkey555 Augur

That's true, but the timing and execution was horrible. A game company should never take preorders for $250 while planning a major unannounced nerf to be delivered with the expansion. If they'd announced or executed the nerf 2 months ago I'd have no issue with it.
  7. Cicelee Augur

So a class that would finish first on the parse gets nerfed, and will now finish first on the parse afterwards.

OK.

Edit- Am referring to older content. No one really knows about NOS parses on Live for obvious reasons...
  8. Buds Augur

They probably wanted to add to that AA line for this expansion and thought it would be too strong. So they nerf the AA and then make you pay more AA for the new AA level, that does what the old one did or maybe even less. Any nerf is bad, they should have just let it stagnate for this expansion.
  9. Rongo New Member

For me it feels like the usual way: Players start to complain that they are not anymore able to end on #1 on some parses. Their conclusion: the evidence of this parses shows, that the class parsing better needs to get nerved. If sufficient posters chime in, eventually dbg will react following those posters. This of course will be followed by players of the nerved class posting to be unhappy with this nervs.

My guess: as staff has not anymore the ressources nor the knowledge to proof such complaints, it's sufficient that enought complaints are posted in order to reach the goal and get some nerfs distributed.
    And while we are at it, we will hit not only the class shouted out to be too powerfull. Lets hit some others as well to try to make belive, an analysis has led to the conclusion, that an ability (in this case dots and their aa's) have been the culprit.

Those happy with the goal reached afterwards will post some half-hearty statements that the nerv has not been strong enought, to prevent, that it's going to be partially taken back. Some of those hit with the nevs will be fed up and leave.

Important: do not miss to blame the owner of the game to be the responsible of the nerves.

Now lets check, who's next to be shout out for nervs.
    sauron3030 likes this.
  10. menown Augur

There are no new ranks for the now "Enhanced Ruin" AA in NoS. Only the focus from the AA was decreased for necros and a few other DoT classes.
    I also disagree that any nerf is bad. Some abilities come out too powerful when they are first conceived.
    Kaenneth and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  11. Fohpo Augur

Rip bard dicho
    Szilent likes this.
  12. Tucoh Augur

We talking about this?
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...aa-feedback-thread.285974/page-2#post-4181010

Specifically, a drop of 3-4 seconds of damage for nec, sk, sha and dru?
  13. Fian Augur

Yes, and also this -
  14. Szilent Augur

Tucoh likes this.
  15. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

I feel the same way. paying good money for lesser ability to solo sucks.
  16. Rolaque Ancient

It's not the end of the world. Basically, it is a zero change for druid dps after you gear up in NoS. And us dotters will be at the new relative position deemed appropriate. Whatever the change in DPS due to Enhanced Ruin, is returned by other AA's and new gear focus effects.
  17. Zarkdon Augur

I always love it when the most powerful class gets a nerf, remains the most powerful class, and cries about it.
    Vumad, Svann2, FranktheBank and 6 others like this.
  18. Tucoh Augur

19. Marton Augur

This is not true.
  20. Mukkul Augur

Nothing so cliche as a gamer trotting out the old "slap in the face" line, because forget balancing the game across all classes, this multiplayer game is only about you.
    Heimdall likes this.