What is the reasoning of locking TLPs behind a paywall?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Templeton, Feb 15, 2019.

1. snailish Augur

They don't need to expand EQ F2P at all. The argument could probably be made that it was a wasted effort in EQ for the monetization that comes from it vs. straight up sub people using the marketplace.

Now that Selos will beat Phinny to live (if I math right???) I wouldn't be surprised to see it end up getting special conditions and staying sub to play. A "Premiere Live Server" if you will.
  2. Mortenous New Member

Back in the old days, we had this concept called, "paying for things". Oddly enough, things still cost money to operate.
  3. jordune Augur

So does it help dbg or not if i box 6 to 12 toons and spend the cash on
    Xp post and bags and mounts?
  4. Mrjon3s Augur

Its only $15 a month. As long as your playing a minimum hour a day your getting your money's worth. If you start anytime from classic-luclin you can make enough krono to never have to pay for a sub again.
  5. hoovadalewt Elder

And F2P, if done right, is proven to make more money for the operator.

The whole point is to sell subs and sell cash shop stuff, but to do that you need to get them into the shop. F2P gets people into the shop.

So, your point is...?
  6. hoovadalewt Elder

It has been said repeatedly in this thread that I agree that the first two months should be sub only.

So, yes, seriously.

With a sub giving an xp and drop boost, the vast majority would sub. F2P is just a method of getting people into the shop and invested into your product so you can sell them . It would be no different on a TLP server. No one is making a fortune from a dying server.
  7. Brunlin Augur

Because free bots is not Classic
  8. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Why would a business lock a service behind an idea of paying for it?

Is this what 2019 is coming to? I seriously hope that question was from a Millennial then I can understand it, but from a Gen X'er....:rolleyes: