What is the point of Remote Moonfire?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Tarrin, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Tarrin Augur

I was under the impression this new CotF spell was supposed to be an alternative to the fire based Remote Sunfire in situations where you can't use fire spells. Am I missing something? Is this a bug? Was I given the wrong impression and this spell is even more useless than I previously thought?

[40187/5564] Remote Moonfire
    Classes: DRU/99
    Skill: Conjuration
    Mana: 1928
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Fire -120
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 1s, Recast: 24s, Timer: 11, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Decrease Current HP by 8850
    2: Cast: Moonfire Enervation
    Text: You are chilled by a frigid moonbeam.

[34926/5545] Remote Sunfire
    Classes: DRU/98
    Skill: Conjuration
    Mana: 2119
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Fire -600
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 1s, Recast: 24s, Timer: 11, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Decrease Current HP by 9316
    2: Cast: Sunfire Enervation
    Text: You are singed by a destructive sunburst.

2. porky Augur

If you didn't get the gist of what the devs thought of druids from the initial glance of our spells, let me explain it to you...
    About 3 seconds before expansion launch, someone remembered there was a druid class and they hastily threw together some existing spells and renamed them... This is the only thing I can imagine as for the reason we got what we got...
    All the other classes got one good spell and a bunch of stuff they wont use much if ever... We got stuff we would never possibly use, in a million years... Whoever made this stuff knows absolutely nothing about the druid class and cares even less...
  3. porky Augur

I will say this to add, this is the only spell I actually bought, cause I thought it would be usable in those few raids where you cant use fire spells... I was wrong, thanks for pointing this out to me before i made a raid mistake with it.
  4. Bauer Augur

It's an oversight.
    In Beta Aristo said this was a side grade for when fire spells can't land on a mob. It should be checked on cold resist. Even the spell description mentions 'cooling'

Report it in game or make a post here detailing the issue, Aristo should be able to change it for you.
  5. malibu66 Elder

Xorrb 2 ....

Oh, and change them both to Evocation please ... or Alteration if you think its a heal ...
  6. Nenton Augur

The truth is actually worse. Our 3 pitiful spells were already in when beta launched and nothing that was feedbacked during the entire course of beta made a difference. Aristo codes what he wants, listens to no one and druids continually get shafted.
  7. Iila Augur

Yeah, if these spells were a rush job, there would actually be an excuse for how bad they are. But much like our last batch of new spells, Aristo made them then ignored all feedback trying to turn them into things worth using.

I was so excited when I saw remote moon fire in the spell file because it could be an extremely useful spell for us, BUT it shares a timer with sunfire, making it redundant trash.
  8. Lenowill Augur

Yeah they put the wrong resist type on the spell. /bug it and/or call attention to it in a patch notes bug thread or other bug feedback thread until it gets changed.
  9. xaga Elder

i was pretty bummed when i saw that these were put in as is.....
  10. Stephen51 Augur

My girlfriend plays the druid, though I have a lvl 95 alt, but I have to say the spells were dreadful. Feedback from players can only be blamed to a certain extent (I'm not blaming players, I am just pre-empting the argument that its somehow players' fault). The utility spell, brings together 2 self buffs, so rk1 is pretty useless and rk 2 is about 1% useful to group players. The combination of spells if there had to be one should have been 2 spells used in combat imo.
    Of all the new spells, that I have looked at, the spells for druids were amongst the worst. The remote spell will be fixed, but even then it doesn't do much for the class.
  11. Tarrin Augur

From test update.
    - Druid - Remote Moonfire now is correctly resisted by cold.
  12. Nenton Augur

And still useless in every situation except for the 1 or fewer raids each expansion where you can't use fire.

Was funny though seeing people trying to sell the rk.2 combo buff spell for 100k when expansion first launched when you would be hard pressed to even give it away.
    Noken_Xeg likes this.
  13. Tarrin Augur

I completely agree.
  14. Iila Augur

It's still only -120 resist check, so not as reliable as a heal as remote sunfire on resistant mobs. And the timer didn't get changed. (Had to check, JUST IN CASE).
  15. Tarrin Augur

Sadface.
    This is all that would need to be changed to make it useful and give druids their own unique/niche healing method.
  16. malibu66 Elder

Unlinking the timers is a pipe dream ... but I'm still hoping. That would be a great combo for tanking mobs that summon.

I'd also love to trade in the double self-buff spell (I looked up useless in the dictionary, and yep - it was there) - for a cold based twincast heal. At least it shares symmetry with Moonfire.
  17. guado Augur

I don't think any class received acceptable spells/abilities in COTF. I do Dru/Mag/Brd.
    Dru: absolutely worthless
    Mag: Shield of Fate is ... OKAY... nothing ground breaking
    Bard: absolutely worthless

and WHY THE HECK are we not getting T1-B today?