What is the current planned future of Everquest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Mar 29, 2016.

1. svann Augur

The plan is that if Pantheon ever makes it to release then DBG will buy it then cancel it.
  2. Lheo Augur

Just keep EQ like it is and keep new expansions coming.
    Cakekizy likes this.
  3. Kanuvan Elder

Milking TLP
  4. Varlak New Member

Since they just scrapped EQ next instead of just re-working it I bet my week pay the everquest franchise won't ever expend.

If they started a new everquest today it would take 6-7 years to release it. Lets even say they could release it in 5 years. It mena it would lunch in 2022 with everquest to be 23 years old.

Unlike WoW and Lord of the ring keeping the fantasy alive with new none MMO's and movies lunching in theaters to keep the franchise fresh and alive everquest did nothing beside lunching everquest 2, a failed play station MMO and a failed RTS.

There is what 200-300k players playing both EQ and EQ2 noawadays ? (peak of EQ was 400k and EQ2 never scored as high).

So would you really invest millions in a MMO with such a low fanbase alive ? Personaly I wouldn't. Not if the game lunch in 2022. Not with an MMO that would attrack only players of 40years old and more. I'd invest into something new if it was my money.
  5. 1018_01 Elder

TLP with a new engine and graphics to PoP. Maybe a new race and/or class would be cool, been awhile.Feels good to hope... heh