What is the best ts pet weapon?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Redemption, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Redemption Lorekeeper

nothing summoned and obviously not conflagrant weaps.
  2. Lianeb Augur

Bleakwood Tonfa?
  3. Yimin Augur

4. IblisTheMage Augur

5. Redemption Lorekeeper

i will make a few of each then. thank you for the info. i sometimes box a necro and being able to provide my own weaps will help me. as well as giving me something to do with the tons of ts stuff i collect.
  6. trollboy New Member

Do you know if this will work on the regular server? I always need pet toys for baby, and she tends to live longer when she is stunning her target.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

There are a bunch from either cotf or TDS. Having 4 mages I try to mix up their weapons. There is one that puts a dot on mobs, some that will heal your pets, some with nice procs and the ones mentioned above. If you go to eqtraders and look at all the player made weapons from these two expansions you can figure out what proc will work the best for your game play.
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

AE-heal proc?
  9. Aurastrider Augur

Got food poisoning so not feeling great. Will look it up when work week is over and feeling better. Think it's just heal targets target though.
  10. Lianeb Augur

Is that even a thing on any weapon let alone a tradeskilled one?
  11. Nniki Augur

No.
  12. Aurastrider Augur

Here is a quick list of useful ones depending on what you want. I could be missing some but this is what I have based on my limited time. These are all from COTF and 1H weapons so you can mix and match.

-Blade of eternal tempering: Force of anger VI (460 damage plus anger)
    -Chronomagic Axe: Blessed Rune IV (700 damage rune)
    -Displacer blade: Displacement Tear (Decrease HP by 1k per tick)
    -Entwined Hammer: Ethersmash (Stun 1 sec/decrease movement 50%)
    -Ethernere assassin's dagger: Vampiric strike IV (Drains target for 216) *good backstab damage
    -Ethertipped Stilleto: Force of magic IV (360 magic damage)
    -Sorcerer's Blade: Mana Charge (Not really pet clickie but read if you are a caster might be a bandolior)
    -Warped baton: Burst of Ice VII (600 ice damage)
    -Ethernere coated whip: Force of magic IV (decrease HP 360)
    -bleakwood tonfa: Vampiric strike IV (Drains target for 216)
    -Otherworldly blade: Strike of venom IV (360 damage)
    -Mace of regression: Healing burst VII (Heal you for 600)
  13. Ironnuts Journeyman

Is it safe to say nothing will generate more hate than summoned rageswords? I looked up numbers on zam and seemed blade of eternal tempering wasn’t even close. But I have also read that runes and stuns are big hate generators.

Chronomagic axe is primary only weapon. Pet will equip 2 of them tho. Is this a bug? Is he really procing rune with both weapons?

The combo that seems to have cured Aggro issues for my earth pet is: 2 Rageswords and a Conflagrant Guardian (22% hate) mask. If your a tradeskiller the mask only cost about 11k to make if you can buy diamonds on your server for 5k. I always had to run DPS merc on normal, can now run on aggressive with no problems. Less problems with BL I group with taking aggro too. That seems cured too.
    Metanis likes this.
  14. Redemption Lorekeeper

i main a paladin and drag a necro around to turn stuff undead and do a little dps so i am not intrested in gearing up the necro pet to tank. mostly was just intrested in getting more utility out of the pet. since i can handle stuns heals and slows i guess i should just focus on the best dps proc i can make.
    PCSS likes this.
  15. IblisTheMage Augur

Shift to air?
  16. Ironnuts Journeyman

Sorry to be clear I’m referring to ros t2 name tanking setup here. Air pet plenty of aggro of course but can’t survive the fights on the few times if tried him in these situations.

But like I said I’m good, I’ve found the combination that works for me. TS weapons look way cooler, but unless some knows of ones with more hate then rageswords I’ll stay with the ole trusty stand bys.
  17. Ironnuts Journeyman

Redemption, just wanted mention 107 necro pet with summoned gear can tank ros trash. Now I run my nec with a mage so it’s not a hassle gearing him. But my first line of CC if necro pet off tank.

I’m sure you got your strats that work for you, Just something you might want to check out and have it in your tool box.
  18. Aurastrider Augur

By accident looking at items to tribute I came across a weapon that will heal your group. Sword of the Sanative. Soothing wave: Heals your group for up to 550 damage. Not a trade skill weapon but this is the closes thing to an AE heal I have found. Not a true AE if you raid but in the group game I would consider it one.
  19. Orbital101 Augur

PCSS and Aurastrider like this.
  20. Aurastrider Augur

Says primary only will they equip both? If so this would be pretty amazing for my crew with 4 mage pets plus my sk pet setting off group heals. Might even be able to do without a healer in some content if it goes off enough.