What is Ragefire's Capacity Limit?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EqEqEq, May 20, 2015.

1. EqEqEq Elder

Would be nice to know. Thx.
  2. gander Augur

Not enough.
  3. Taledar Elder

would be interesting to know
  4. DBCooper Elder

Absor announced 1000 was the max on the server until they were happy with stability. Meaning, most of all you guys that subbed just for this are SOL for awhile. It stinks that this diversion is such a pita for those of us that play on the regular servers, since 2 hours of raiding a week doesn't occupy much time.
  5. Deadlyne Elder

6. Mardy Augur

Is it really 1000? I thought it was 2000 on Fippy? I could be wrong, been awhile.
  7. Dredlox Elder

lol 1000? They will need 5 servers and to be honest about max classic can handle anyway. Let's piss of 4000 while we "observe" server load.
  8. DBCooper Elder

Said 1000 just until they are happy its stable, then probably go up incrementally.

Its absurd that they don't have servers capable of handling minimum of 5000 online at once. The original servers that went live in 1999 (which were probably bought in '97 or '98) could handle 2000 before crashing, and after some changes they made regularly went to 2500+ on servers before they were split.
    Anglesy likes this.
  9. Krizem Augur

Wow that is a surprise I remember the servers well into the 2000s back in the day.
  10. Hateseeker Augur

Who says they don't? They were gradually increasing it to ensure stability. This is a process that happens over a few hours, not usually days (it took days back in 1999, not now).

Also, upper level content sufficiency is the real issue to be concerned about. I wouldn't worry about whether the server will end up able to handle the logins.
  11. DBCooper Elder

There was like, 46 servers? Something like that, the day eq announced that over 100,000 people were logged in concurrently (right after gates went live iirc?). So yeah, zero reason to be locking this at 1000 people.
  12. velious916 Journeyman

Project 1999 servers hold 1600 + from what ive seen. Fail
  13. Kaayne New Member

So about 1/10 of what they need on launch day. Way to go!
  14. Mardy Augur

This is sadly where the engine limitations of EQ hinders the growth and longevity of the game. They should work towards a mega server design so there will be no login limits, and no server will have to be full or empty, high or low populated.

But eh, people are here for the classic nostalgia experience so I guess folks should expect to see older tech heh.