What is my next step for armor at 80 plus?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by eci2000, Nov 13, 2013.

1. eci2000 Lorekeeper

Greetings,

I am only 73 but wondering what I should be looking at after Elegant Defiant. I am not a big quester but I might have to bite the bullet for armor? Also I had not played since 2004 so a lot of zones I'm not familiar. I looked for links but only thing I can find is T1 thru T4 list in HoT. Is that my next armor step as a Druid? I got lost reading about drops and player made pieces and placement of materials. I love EQ but it can be a but overwhelming.

As a side question do I need to focus on epic? I did 1.0 long ago but I read about 1.5 and frowned. I learned that the time spent grinding is soon replaced with better stuff in 6-12 months.

Thanks in advance.

Newt of Bertox
  2. Gladare Augur

The hero's journey has had some gear added past elegant defiant. I know for SoD anyway. You just have to quest to get it.
  3. Zaxamaphone Augur

Elegant Defiant is going to last you a long time. Depending on your plat situation you can buy "Glowing" armor from the bazaar for the after 80 levels that will last you until level 92. Search for "Glowing Othni" or "Glowing Reis" armor.

Whether or not your Epic 1.5/2.0 is "needed" is a subjective question. Both are relatively easy to get if you have a higher level friend to help you out. I recently got 1.5/2.0 on my 74 (at the time) Necro and solo'd a lot of it. A couple of fights required me to get my 92 Bard to do the heavy lifting. The 1.5/2.0 is pretty much a requirement for a Necro though as there still isn't a weapon in the game that is better. You're a Druid though.. you will find lots better even in the /bazaar. That being said, I always do the epics just for the "fun" factor.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Abstruse armor is pretty ridiculous. It is the first time group able and tradeable armor surpasses raid gear for that level req (80).

Drops in T1 HoT zones, Feerott/House of Thule Lower.

Solid 900~ HP/Mana and Focii for level 90. It should be available in bazaar if not check out grouping in HoT lower. I know many people exped there a year ago... Though I guess current design has its way of making content 2 years old barren.
  5. eci2000 Lorekeeper

Thank you all 3. I will keep an eye out for Glowing armor and a guildie took me to the courtyard in HoT the other night. Something drop that was like a dark blue circle or gem and told me to grab it for armor. I got 2 but they are slightly different names I think.

As for epic, I started 1.0 and just got sick of sitting underwater waiting for the corrupted aqua goblin to spawn. Should I continue with 1.0 and then eventually 2.0 or do I need to do 1.5 as well? I read I can solo all of 1.0 in my 70's so I will take some time once I hit 75 to do a few of the 1.0 quests as I find time.

Thank You,

Newt
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

So the Druid epics didn't scale well with time.

The focus effect which reduces your aggro degrades starting at 75 and stops completely at 95.
    The clicky effect which increases nuke DMG by 50% for 24s has a few flaws. Firstly after 20 nukes it gets used, which can disappear really quick with some classes like Magician XXXXX of Many spell line. To the point it poofs in 2-3s on a raid. Secondly it also degrades after level 70. Making it useless in the modern game.

If they ever removed the 20 hit limit and level 70 scaling, I'd say yes it is super important. Now however only do your epic if it is fun for you (it is a game after all)... And/or you want to do the ornament for it.

The Dark blue orbs you looted were for the armor I mention. They have a standard naming system:

Abstruse Remnant of XXXXX

Desire - Chest
    Fear - Legs
    Devotion - Arms
    Greed - Hands
    Knowledge - Head
    Survival - Feet
    Truth - Wrist

They also should show the slot in the item display itself.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:House_of_Thule_Armor_Guide

That should get help you.
  7. Tobynn Augur

Didn't scale well? Pffft. Didn't scale at all!
    Eviara likes this.
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

dont like quests - too bad you might farm some PP and buy some
    Dream notes need 30 per slot

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=90255

Rotharran Radhelm is located in the northwest part of the Feerrott in an NPC camp just outside the Rathe Mountains.
    Items sold by Rotharran Radhelm
    _____ of Fearful Reverie is Tier 1 and available at apprehensive (no progression required).
    around 10 slots can be bought to gear up some

have fun
  9. eci2000 Lorekeeper

Wow...thanks. I will check to see what I got and figure it out from there. As for questing, I like to quest, just not forEverquest. The 20 plus hours in Lake Rathe without a Corrupted Aqua Goblin was a reminder of the grind. I am not in a rush so I will be a nice break. Just need to figure out if I drop 1.0 and focus on 1.5 or do it and then I guess I can try 2.0.

What is the ornament for epic?

Thanks,

Newt
  10. Crystilla Augur

Also, don't forget they just added in armor in this week's patch (or was it last week's patch) for Hero's Journey on the level 81-85 SoD quest line. So that's a good option as well.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  11. Iila Augur

The 1.5 and 2.0 won't have the same style of open world camps and targets that the 1.0 does. You'll have to do a pre-task for the 1.5 if you skip the 1.0, but it's overall easier. And you can go back and do the 1.0 even if you've done the 1.5/2.0 and pretask.

When I came back a few years ago, I was able to easily solo everything for the 1.5 and 2.0 at level 90 in group gear with my tank merc. EXCEPT for the last orb from a CoA boss. Asking a melee class to faceroll a couple of the bosses will be a lot easier than trying to solo them yourself.

The ornament quests start in Felwith, and each time you complete it, you'll unlock either 1.0 or 2.0 ornaments in an unlimited supply. But you can only unlock ornaments for epics that you have. The quest takes you all over oldworld and kunark, with a cool class specific solo instance. And there's an added bonus of a Jaggedpine teleport clickie by the druid location.

Go into the druid instance without spoilers, it has some cool puzzles and bits of lore. There's no real danger of dying as long as you go with a normal mixed loadout of spells.
  12. beryon Augur

Glowing Athlai & Othni are 71-76, so you can use those now. Glowing Reis is 85.

If you can't find affordable Dream Motes, you can usually get Silver Tokens dirt cheap. You can use the tokens to buy stuff from Gilbot in Brell's Rest. The gear isn't as good as the dream mote stuff, but it's still a nice upgrade from Defiant. Plus you can get weapon augs, which aren't available with dream motes.
  13. Mykaylla Augur

The new armour added for those quest lines is amazing in comparison. For a couple of examples for the OP:

Sleeves
    Necklace

Compared to gear from the same zones, it's far and away better- it's even better than the top tier SoD gear from that expansion- you're looking at nearly double the AC on some nonvisible slots and 10-20 more on the visible, and an extra 150-200 hp/mana per slot. You can also start using it 10 levels earlier, with a required level of 75, and a recommended level of 80. To compare the best group gear from the SoD era...

Sleeves
    Necklace

If you just want to hold out and see if you can find abstruse gear, that's cool, but if you start the tasks in the lower SoD zones, you can get gear that's very comparable, that you can use in two levels, not ten.
  14. Zaxamaphone Augur

There is a simple quest to complete with an NPC that will reward you with an "epic ornament".. you can put this ornament in the ornamentation slot of any weapon and it will then look like your epic. You must have completed the epic in order to actually do the quest.
  15. moogs Augur

16. Crystilla Augur

Just one comment - not all classes are "simple" to do. Many are but Dzarn got a bit evil (spending too much time with Ellyra I guess) so some are either NOT simple or NOT quick to do. (Fun still but simple no)
  17. CaRnon Augur

I remember the SK epic being one of the harder to do back when they were newish. Cleric 1.0 was a PITA due to our bottle neck with our dragon.