What is going on with the CotF release?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, May 8, 2014.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

There is a reason most games like Civilization have cheat codes. People don't always want an extreme challenge. Not I would never want anything like a cheat code for Everquest but it has its place in computer simulation games.

And as for advancing us in life... well.. games are well... just games. I don't think they play a bigger thing in the scheme of life then that. Well I guess with the exception its yet another way to socialize with folks. Any way you are not advancing in life doing hard or easy things in a game... you are just playing the game for fun. I guess the sticking point is how much challenge is fun and for how much of the playerbase we are talking about.

And I don't think this topic is a cancer preventing an expansion like the old days. I think the lack of sufficicent funding and support for the game developers of Everquest is the reason we may never see an expansion like the old days.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Is the gear obtained via drops from Name mobs or is there a loyalty vendor for tier 2 with new currency to buy it?
  3. Riou EQResource

Same currency as t1, only some of the pieces are on the HA vendor, rest from named / missions
  4. Casidia Augur

Did you play any Civ title? There are difficulty levels you can choose from, nobody uses cheat codes geez...and in Eq you could go back to an easier zone.
    That's why the topic is a cancer, the arguments used by those that wanted easy Eq are as bizarre as the content they like. Cheat codes in Civ..lol.
  5. Shimmerleaf Augur

first you are not advancing in life while doing ANYTHING in a game.

I play EQ to distract me from how bad I feel, and to enjoy time with friends. (which makes me feel better)

No more raid mechanics in the group game - really.

I like the PoWar mission - if yu can work the regular zone, more power to you. Is not for me

Stay safe all.
  6. Norathorr Augur

I would rather see old style dungeon crawls with no loot vendors or currency, with packs of mobs that do things other than melee. Mobs that can work as a group with healers slowers heavy dps with both range and melee. Think back to old zones where it was not the individual mob that was hard but how they worked together. With named I would like to see more emote mechanic so it's not just how hard it hits and how they deal ae damage. That way individual skill plays more of a part than just a perfect class alignment. A variety of mobs that can effect different classes in different ways so there is no perfect setup for any given area. Make cc and pulls matter again. Make paying attention matter and in turn that will reignite the sense of working together again. Nothing is more boring than content that is tuned around boxing. I don't have anything against boxers but I don't like content being tuned to boxes and mercs when I play as an individual within a group. It would be nice to have some more pow like material for upper tiers. Since I no longer raid I look to the group game for my challenge. Just because I am a grouper does not mean I don't want thrilling battles.
  7. Ravengloome Augur

I read the first sentence of your post and couldn't help but smile. This would be awesome.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. bebeto New Member

why u tell us that? no aa /new spell and one new zone?

so we ask u it worth US40 and we everytime prepaid the expension?it not make sense
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

All the Civilization titles have had cheat codes and yes a lot of people use them and yes I have played most of the Civ titles. Do a seach on Civilization and cheat codes its not rocket science :)

And no one said they want EQ easy we are disagreeing as to what an average level of difficulty should be to make the game enjoyable. And its not bizarre or a cancer for anyone to disagree with you. All it means is that they have a different opinion then yours.
  10. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

it kinda goes like this,
    Release a lot of content watch it get beat/finished in DAY(s) = people get bored cancel subs till next one
    Release 1 zone 1 raid 1 mission few quests every month = More recurring subs

they aren't as stupid as you think.
    does it tick us off that we have content for 1 day out of 30? yep but after this is the sad casual path the game has turned into.
  11. iniari-TR Augur

I was optimistic when soe announced the new content release schedule and CoTF.

now I feel very let down.
    content has been bleh. some nice zones but way too few. an over emphasis on HA's
    no spells and no AA's and very little gear upgrades.
    I feel ripped off.

I liked the old crawls like omens / SoD. rather then the instant port to boss mob.

I always buy the deluxe versions to get all the bells and whistles. - CoTF has been the gong show.

what would I like to see ?

as stated , let us know what is coming and it better be worth the cost.
    stop nerfing. ask us players what we think needs to be changed, and get our input BEFORE making changes.
    for the "weekly updates " i'd like to see tweaks / routine updates ( no long downtime )
    maybe some good "chase items "

for the "monthly updates " rotating "revamped" zones - new ones not the ones we get each year.
    rotating "hotzones"
    maybe some special content / quest etc - provided it doesn't "take away" content from new expansions.

for the future ?

i would like to see several new zones - not cut and paste old ones.
    progression / flagging requirments that will keep me busy for awhile, but not a " do once and never return" task.
    raids that you have to crawl through the zone and make it a true EVENT for the night.
    not instant port to boss and clear all raids in one night.

NEW spells and AA's. not just higher ranks / more dmg . etc. be CREATIVE.

content that is a challenge for most , but not a kick in the teeth hard as hell.

i would also like to see longer beta periods. and a beta with high player / dev interaction.
    beta used to be my favorite time, with lots of fun working with devs and actually feeling like i was contributing to the upcoming expansion.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I would like to see all the revamped zones made permanent.
  13. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Would it be nice? Yes it would. Will it happen? Not likely with the current skeleton crew & threadbare budget EQ has.
  14. Edrick Augur

You mean like HH Unrest, Crushbone, etc.? I like those zones remaining the way they have been for 15 years.

I suppose you could argue for the two zones being up at the same time, and just having an npc to hail to enter the revamped version, but that really takes away the "event" aspect the zones have. The value of an ancient cloak of flames and crested mistmoore ring would plummet, too. It wouldn't be a disaster if that came to be, but eh, keep things as is would be my preference.
  15. Latteralus New Member

The only real problem I see here is that there have been many post made about how to improve the CoTF expansion. The only real answer we have gotten is a question asking us what we want. Umm I think you have your answer.

Only thing I want is just what are you gonna give us in COTF. Im not talking about the ONE zone you are giving us now Im talking about what are you doing in the future with this expansion? If one zone is what you are giving us now fine....but please tell us what the plans are for the future.

The entire issue here is there is no communication.....we have no clue what to expect. I really would think you guys could tell us at least what to look forward to but I guess that to much to ask for. Only thing I can say is give me a reason to resub my monthly accounts...atm I done with CoTF and the general direction its headed I think IM done period.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

1 zone, 1 raid, 2 missions, 1 HA and 6 quests, it not acceptable for the 3rd update of CotF, not when we haven't had a CotF update since 22nd January.

Do we have to wait another 4 months for another zone, raid, 2 missions and quests?

At this rate we may have a full expansions worth of content by Christmas.
  17. Edrick Augur

I think their plan is monthly or every other month for a zone. So be it, but I really hope we get a full expansions worth like Smedley said on Reddit, and when Dave Georgeson replied to me on twitter saying the same.

It depends what their definition of a full expansion is.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If this is their plan, then why not just come out and say just that?
    Though I'm not looking forward to the frustration of just 4 days of beta testing every month....

This thread is on plage 9 now, and we still don't know what is going on with CotF releases.
  19. Edrick Augur

Probably because things can change, and then they'll get quoted and yelled at if it does. It's hard for the developers to win here, mostly because their lack of resources. More information from the higher ups, who wouldn't get in trouble for saying something (or wouldn't care,) would be more useful and let the developers do their job.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Things have changed and we are yelling :p

But yeah I know what you mean, I just wish someone would grow a pair and tell us what the plan is, we can live in hope I guess.