What is Everquest?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tarrin, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Tarrin Augur

Anyone catch Jeopardy tonight?

Videogame initials category for 400~
  2. Crystilla Augur

I saw a Tweet that we were going to be featured, but zap2it didn't show there was an episode tonight (and the new episode is tomorrow night)
  3. Tarrin Augur

It was something along the lines of "video game initials". Showed a bunch of screen shots of in game. Was really fun to see.
  4. Leerah Augur

Rasper said it was $800!
  5. Stubar Augur

It was actually $400. Rasper just wanted you to donate the other $400 to confirm on his website that is was in fact under video game initials for $400.
  6. Leerah Augur

You're mean. I love Rasper. People without traditional jobs have a right to be paid for their volunteer work if someone will pay it.
  7. Toplel New Member

Agree 100%. I'm tired of people putting down Rasper.

People don't understand how much effort it takes to get a JT buff on Beta so you can mass kill everything and explore everywhere without risking death.

And that is the easy part! The hard part is copy/pasting all the dev and player posts on the forums that give strategies for missions and named spawn locations. That's a LOT of copying.

And that still pales in comparison to how much effort it takes to look up other EQ websites and copy their information. Do you know how many other websites have EQ information? Constantly checking them all to repost it takes FOREVER, he didn't even have time to give credit to the people he copied it from for heaven's sake!
    Falos likes this.
  8. Edrick Augur

What were the other answers given? I'm sure WoW was the easiest, lowest reward one. Hmm. That actually fits really well.
  9. Tarrin Augur

WOW for 100 - World of Warcraft
    CoD for 200 - Call of Duty
    SL for 300 - Second Life
    EQ for 400 - EverQuest
    AC for 500 - Asherons Call
  10. Edrick Augur

That's a pretty good list. The Jeopardy! researchers really know their stuff.
  11. Crystilla Augur

Hmm, considering his site had this stuff listed before any of those other sites, I'm going to cry "bitter much?" here.

(Yes, I was saddened and disappointed when he did the 'donation' thing multiple times and didn't actually use 100% of the donated money for what we thought it would be used for - but to cheapen what he did do with some false info I won't let slide. He wasn't perfect, guess what he's human. But to pretend that everything he did on that site for years was because he plagurized others and did it 100% with JT buff is not only false, it's dishonoring him.)
    Leerah likes this.
  12. Falos Augur

I'm gonna click the like button on your post because your post is hilarious, and the things it implies are terribly wrong - I want it forever saved for posterity.

There is no all in one bible site to EQ, EQresources, alla, raidloot, raspers, and various other fansites / wiki type sites all have useful information that have been extremely helpful to the playerbase for different eras of the game. If you've ever utilized any of those sites to get ahead in EQ that makes your post all the more hilarious at how unappreciative you are sounding.

No site is perfect, I personally prefer EQresources to any other EQ based fan site but i also liked raspers site a lot when it was current even if he sometimes did controversial things. The guys at eqresource and rasper worked very hard to share information with the playerbase and it takes a TON more time to assemble that information in one location than most people realize I suspect...

Also look at COTF beta, the beta really was not that long, most of the content wasn't even fully implemented for what was going to be released till late into beta. It's honestly a miracle that the guys at eqresource were even able to get as much posted as they did before launch. Also the dev's give far less information on named pops / etc than you probably realize (I'm guessing you are a guild wars 2 player and not an actual EQ'er). A few sites are good at gathering a lot of info but because of the size of this game it really is kind of a community effort to figure everything out.
  13. Leerah Augur

Consolidating information is a valuable service. I personally pay for Allakhazam every year. Many of you pay EQplayers. I use Rasper's Help Desk Storyline for telling what entry words are for HoT missions.

Considering SOE is too busy to bother to do maps for us anymore, we rely on 3rd parties more and more.

We live in the information age. We don't have to make ourselves valuable by pulling plows.